Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Th dude sitting down obviously took a bite of his freedom sandwich then shamefully pulled up his stupid bandanna because he knew he was gonna be documented. Are they part of the second amendment dicks that stand around capitol buildings trying to intimidate politicians? Are they trying intimidate the sandwich artist to give them double meat for free or the guy with the AT4 will kill everyone including himself? Are they actually fuckin cosplayers, with the fake weapons? I am so confused by this. Gun furries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Some jokes are worth waiting for

edit:

Platystemon posted:

Abunchofnumbers (“backpanther”) has twenty‐something days left on his.

oh my god please

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I mean, prolonged exposure or consumption is the issue really. Don't hug them 24/7 and you are fine. Most of the radiation is Alpha/Beta with sparse Gamma. The bigger issue was people being exposed for extended periods or eating off them, chipping off the glaze, and consuming it.

So, you'd have to basically hug it 24/7 for years for it to be an external issue. Consume chips of it though, and that can be a major problem. Part of the big problem of the 30s/40s was Uranium glazed Tile used in Bathrooms and kitchens. So you are standing, sitting, crawling on radioisotopes for long periods of time, for maybe years at a time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_tile

URANIUM TILES: Do not use the floor as this will result in death

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Not death but certainly health issues that may lead to such.

It was a stupid self-amusing reference to a bad video game, but I'm still darkly amused at walls and floors and dishware killing people - we put so much effort into making it official that we aren't just another animal but oops your casserole dish causes kidney failure or whatever

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Wrr posted:

Others with them installed have said the MRIs with them in either felt like really intense vibration but fine, or was extremely painful. My current plan is to simply not need an MRI.

:hmmyes: