Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Now that I've been made aware that there was an idiot thread around that I was too dumb to look for, I'm happy to report that, after sharpening my knives a little too excessively, it turns out that they are, in loving fact, sharp.

Wiped down my cooking surface in the kitchen, casually shoved some things to the side and got a proper white-girl cut on my pinky.
Wrapped it in kitchen towels initially to contain the mess until I figured out I still had a metric fuckton of gauze, surgical fleece, adhesive dressing, compressive bandages, wound antiseptic and iodine ointment from my last injury.

So now I'm treating it like a GSW at a level I trauma center :smugbert:

It's me.

I'm the idiot.

Namaste.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The first strips of kitchen towel were basically to contain the mess and put pressure on it until I could properly treat it, but every single double-folded strip bled right through, so I went through a couple of strips. Let's not judge my post-idiocy idiocy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I honestly don't know about my choice of term, but in my head it sounded like the equivalent to white-girl-wasted and I went with that.
The cut is like an amplified papercut. You know it's not really bad, but it's gonna be annoying as hell for a while. Tip of my pinky is numb, though, so while I apparently didn't hit any tendons or other important poo poo, I struck a nerve, I guess.

But boy howdy, am I ever so glad that I'm not on anti-coagulants anymore after a year and a half. I'd probably still be bleeding like a stuck pig this evening.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wild T posted:

I was on an early morning bus from Spangdahlem to Munich for Oktoberfest and I had to poo poo something fierce. It was one of those hosed-up mushy clay shits that you know is gonna be a nightmare. The only TP the bus had was that John Wayne* one-ply stuff, and I just knew I'd be wiping a bleeding rear end in a top hat and still feeling dirty afterwards if I used that. Not wanting to walk around Oktoberfest with a rocking case of monkeybutt I had to improvise. Fortunately I had a change of underwear, shirt and socks in my backpack and a Leatherman. I quickly converted the socks into strips of absorbent cottony goodness and used them to keep my O-ring sparkly. It worked surprisingly well but I weep for whoever had to pump the tank on that bus, I'm sure I hosed up the guts of it pretty bad flushing those.

Let's not talk about the second half of that story for a second, but just to recap: You went full recon-style-tactical-squat...at Oktoberfest?

:stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wild T posted:

I mean, if by that you mean "blew up the shitter on a chartered bus to Munich and flushed a torn-up shitsock" then yeah.

Edit: I did manage to puke so hard that my nose started spontaneously pouring blood. May or may not have been related to the earlier headbutt incident.

Oh, now it's registering. I figured for a moment that you opted out of taking a poo poo on the bus and then did your secret-squirrel business later on the actual Wiesn. I'm somewhat relieved.

Not quite SOF Marine tier, but still :lol:-tier

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:what:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Hendrix on the opening menu and it gets better from there!

Does anyone have a stupider injury than what I did to myself? Was on the shitter so long my leg fell asleep, then stood up, had my now-asleep leg go out from under me, and got a 6 inch cut on my scalp since it’s an old house and doesn’t have normal doorknobs, it has those rods you turn and I slapped directly into that. There has to be a dumber injury. There has to

My 4th (or 5th?) knee surgery resulted from rupturing my meniscus...

...in my sleep.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/Salah_al_Dog/status/1349367424215359488

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I’m the idiot. I got one of those Mio energy water things to try out. I saw that it said “60mg of caffeine” and thought it might be good for a little pick me up. I squeezed out the entire bottle.

That’s 60mg of caffeine PER SERVING. There are 18 servings in the entire bottle, or over 1000mg of caffeine. Didn’t notice until I had downed about a quarter of the water.

Caffeine pills are like 0,2g over here and the max dose as per the label is 3 per day because anything higher wouldn't be legal for OTC, how the gently caress is A FULL GRAM in a single drinkable bottle legal?

nvm lol USA

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Not sure why not try an airframe parachute at some point.

Pretty sure you just made PYF catch on fire

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Awww :3:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So there's stolen valor, and then there's...this.

https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1443729354324779008

Thread is worth a read until the end.

But did she lie about Mypay?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Imagined posted:

Edit: reuploaded from Reddit. gently caress Reddit videos. :argh:

https://i.imgur.com/AKpkvuP.mp4

Uhmmmmm...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

For the longest time, I thought "our armed forces are stupid as hell, but at least our air force doesn't have a dumb sword fetish".

I no longer think that way.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

It didn't really get purged from the culture until the F-104 pilots got carried away and kept trying to joust with the earth itself

Oof

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

In terms of colorful swearing, Finnish is right up there with Romanian. A Romanian colleague of mine educated me on the subject a while back and she had so many extremely offensive examples that were simply not obscene or profane at all. Just really offensive.

For Finnish, there's also Paska (Pasko?) Kahviikupiin which is poo poo in a coffee cup! or somesuch.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Burt posted:

According to my wife, if you go to an "English" school you cannot matriculate unless you pass the Afrikaans exams and vice versa.

The other rather disturbing thing she told me about SA schools [when she did it] is that you had to pass the end of year exams to go forward to the next tier. This led to there sometimes being 16/17 year olds in a class with 14 year olds. Not very nice, but those 16/17 year olds also had to keep wearing the school uniform of the 14 year olds. There was a horrific amount of teachers having sex with these girls and apparently it was quite an achievement for the parents if their daughters managed to snag a teacher for a BF/Husband.

This has been backed up by multiple friends of hers I have talked too and I only hope it was one of those things that was accepted back in the day but no longer exists. Right?

I can only speak for 1st-4th grade on account of having lived in RSA (Durban, specifically) for six years as a kid, but I can't say this confirms any of my experiences in school (thank god).
The only thing I did experience that probably factors into the things your wife had reported is that schools back in the day were incredibly authoritarian and strict, so can absolutely see abuse like that happening.

Hell, outside of the uniforms, we had corporal punishment (the headmaster a bamboo cane reserved for "miscreants", which I - thankfully - never qualified as) and an "arrest room", and that was considered "discipline measures" instead of abuse.
There was also full assembly in the yard every morning where we'd sing the "school song" and whatnot. All this poo poo seemed normal to me as a kid, and only occurred to me as being super hosed up in retrospect.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FB reminded me of this piece of felonious Joe-art in my hometown 9 years ago

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Whichever German officer instructed that yank to operate an MG3 did not teach him to check/clear that way.

Like, at all.

/edit:
or fire bursts of any length above 1 second, for that matter
Yeah, it's fun, but MG3 barrels can be Divas like that and heat up somethin' fierce

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 23, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't get it. :smith:

:hi5:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

ninja edit: nevermind, not worth it

Wingnut Nijon't.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What does Comrade Blyatlov have to do with a dead dog?

I was stuck at the exact same question, even after realizing ded responded to the "I'm ded" quote, because I thought there must have been an in-joke regarding 2F and the dead dog line.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Thread owns

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Is the iron cross still awarded in the german military?

Nope, there were some yokels that petitioned to get it awarded again because HERITAGE NOT HATE, but even despite the fact that it existed even before WW1, our DoD wouldn't touch it.

They came up with a new award called the Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr für Tapferkeit as an equivalent to the US MoH, and made all the Wehraboos real mad-like.

So yeah, that idiot with the tat just straight up got the old version of the iron cross and is full of poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jan 25, 2022

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Between Flutruxklan, Dumbkirk, and a couple of others in the past weeks I've been chuckling quite a bit at them idiot puns.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If anything, the reintroduction of PzV/IVs back into the game through special events has made this play more viable in the lower tiers.

It has been a viable strat in lower tiers even since the introduction of the Warcrime Panther a long while ago. It may be one tier higher, but is 5 tons heavier while also having better ground resistances and thus better effective acceleration/speed than its tier 6 cousin while still getting pref matchmaking.
Though I assume the PzV/IV A balances this out by seen even squishier tanks more frequently.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

cult_hero posted:

So which one of y'all were posting M1 specs to show how the Abrams can totally take out 2 Merkeva at night with a down facing angle?

If you think a bunch of dinguses posting about ramming things in pixeltanks for shits 'n giggles is peak WoT-forumsposting...

...I have such sights to show you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

We're not even calling it "Luchs 120" or "Luchs 2.0" anymore, we're just going with a straight anglicism to appease our imperialist overlords smdh

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

No, but it can werf Nebel.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I assume this exact situation may quite possibly happen in the boardroom at Rheinmetall. Guy stumbles in mumbling about .50BMG, realizes it's the wrong room before leaving, and six months later, the Lynx 120 has another turret mounted M2

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Is there more of this dingus?

I crave more.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Ah yes Texas.

Known for getting their asses kicked repeatedly for a stupid hateful cause.

Apt home, really.

Y'know idk where to vent this but Vice scares me because they had such ease getting into NK, Ukraine, Russia, etc. And they did that one piece that got that dude in Portland murdered by feds.

Come again? :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm gonna need some details on how you fought that tree.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Non-military, but I do believe this video contains an idiot:

https://twitter.com/benjancewicz/status/1505540722006626308

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

not caring here posted:

Someone should've told him that the Dukes of Hazzard stunts they had about 500 pounds in the trunk.

Also, weren't sitting on a thing that was a borderline cluster munition, but it seems like he got lucky on that.

It seems like Alex Choi was involved, so it's probably safe to say absolutely no-one in that crowd told him not to do this illegal thing that will generate stupid amounts of clout & clicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-zeSEOanvI

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I graduated summa cum laude and I demand to be accorded the cum part in any form of address. :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

But I like the cum part :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Jokes aside, sister in the op is technically correct, though the phrasing (without her follow-up clarification) is really a bit unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Would it make a compound word? Deutscherauchenmeister?

semi-non-compound. Deutscher Räuchermeister.