Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Remulak posted:

His fault for not signing the cat up for Tricare.

Lt. Fluffy-butt, the doctor will see you now! Does the US military have veterinarians? Not like horse doctors, but for pets.

Who takes care of the horses anyway? Seems like that could be a very good or very bad job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Not quite an idiot story:

I used to live on Patton Rd. in Huntsville, opposite Redstone. Fence on the other side of the street from me and a gate at the end of the street. Some of you may have been there and know what I'm talking about. Great neighborhood, really. Anyways, this dude starts parking on the grass opposite us, close to the fence, everyday. He spends eight hours sitting there outside his car for a week before I wander over to ask what he's got in mind. The guy had let his dog out to pee and it had squirreled under the fence into the base. He said the guard-house told him to try and lure the dog back before someone had to shoot it. He stuck with it though. The furry little rear end in a top hat came out of nowhere on the second week, covered in mud. I thought the man was going to have a heart attack! They came over to the apartment so he could clean the animal off. Turned out to be a little Jack Russell, and my red-nose pit was all about him. "Holy gently caress you are dirty! What did you get away with? For how long?! Gimmie dap! Let me rub on you! I'm too clean!".

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

Is wanting to be dirty a common pit thing? My pit mix will 100% make it a point to go roll in the dirt after a bath if you don't lock her inside, and she tried to jump and roll onto a piece of dog poo poo in the park the other day.

It's a dog thing, period.

Ehh. I had that dog for more than half my life when she had to go. IMO, she was a fastidious creature. Getting filthy as, or for, a joke was something she loved though. I think they don't mind being dirty, but enjoy being clean. Current dumb-rear end will break the door down to jump in the shower. She also rubs her rear end on the differential of my truck immediately after.

That old dog, she found another dog in the culvert behind the apartments. Filthy, starved, covered in ticks, she lured him towards fence until we could pull him out of there. Her reaction to seeing him up close read something like, "Aww, can we keep him? Also, can we keep him away from me until the bugs are gone?".

e: Dog was fine after days of de-lousing. Gave it to my ex-wife, in fact.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

One more doggy story: My friend had a black lab and a conversion van with a rubberized cargo area. Wifey and him decide to take the dog to the beach, not thinking about the red tide. They got down to the shore and dog puts his head down sideways to the ground and just bulldozes through piles of dead fish, full trot. Blood and guts everywhere. Doggy got an oatmeal bath and they sold the van shortly after.

If you think the animal is fuckin' with you, it probably is. Goes double for pits. Treat 'em too smart and they start opening doors on their own, too dumb and they'll play that way to spite you.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

Funny warcrime.

Eh, those weren't for military use anyway. The idea is that they can be used as an anti-kidnapping tool, disguised as a portable radio (or a medkit, which I haven't seen before) it looks like you are unarmed even upon a cursory search. Wait for an opening, unfold, blast away, and run like hell from wherever you are.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Dingleberry posted:

I have short non-fic about (falling) devil fingers.

When I worked on a tugboat a few years back I discovered that the local seagulls would raid the dumpsters and find tampons and applicators. They’d eat either or both and then vomit them onto the decks of the tug fairly regularly.

The end.

That's beautiful. Eat that, shitbird... and they did.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Chichevache posted:

According to google, you can use "so Gott will". No way a German post will age poorly.

What is the scene in Stalingrad? "...remember what it says on your own belt buckle, Gott mit Uns." "poo poo, it says that? *checks buckle* Never noticed."

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So apparently it's moot and that wasn't what was said, but yep. It's Deescalation 101 that "just stay calm" or "just calm down" always have the exact opposite effect.

Never in the history of "calm down" has "calm down" ever calmed anyone down.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

You do not need to interact with or answer any questions the sky police ask. The supreme court even ruled you don't need a sky license to sky drive in any state if you are only traveling.

You just know they'd be flying a motley crew of ancient Curtiss Jenny's and the most hosed up, broken-backed, crab-walking (flying?) Cessna 150's. Just dive to the left and you'll be out of their hair in a minute.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

How underwater on the finance is that guy, do you reckon?

Trick question. He stopped paying when the 6.0 blew up. Whatever it was worth, add $10k to fix the engine.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Memento posted:

Yeah but butterflies aren't delicious

How do you know

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

And that's Channing Tatum as Danny McBride's bitch.

I knew I recognized that rear end. What? It's a distinctive butt!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You looked for something meaningful; instead you got something awful.

:golfclap:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait so they don't go away?

Good news! There is a cure.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Thomamelas posted:

ISIS tried to have him assassinated five times. They failed, but the fifth attempt did have a secondary explosive go off. ISIS put out a propaganda video that claimed they killed him. He put out a video from the hospital showing they were wrong. Eventually he did die to an explosive while disarming explosives from retaken ISIS territory.

If anyone is interested, Hugo Kamaan's site is fascinating. ISIS are idiots, but not stupid. Dude above gave them back exactly what they were giving out. Handicapped suicide bombers, what scum. No retirement home for old ISIS terrorists, I guess.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lou Takki posted:

...slip a dick on a postit into the napkin dispenser.

I will glady carry on this proud tradition.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It was never proved (because, to understate things, the magazine explosion destroyed all direct evidence) but that was considered the most likely cause by the investigation besides spontaneous ignition of poorly-manufactured powder.

"immediate suspicion focused on the Type 3 anti-aircraft shell as it was believed to have caused a fire before the war at the Sagami arsenal. Known as "sanshiki-dan", these were fired by the main armament and contained 900 to 1,200 25 mm diameter steel tubes (depending upon sources), each containing an incendiary charge"

"Even though the 3 Shiki tsûjôdan shells comprised 40% of the total main ammunition load of the Yamato-class battleships by 1944, they were rarely used in combat against enemy aircraft. The blast of the main guns turned out to disrupt the fire of the smaller antiaircraft guns."

Who was in charge of procuring that I wonder?

"Dearest human scum. Thankz for buzinezz. Keep buy good Kustom Meltaz!

Waaagh-m regardz,

Mekboyz

PS. Watch fingaz!"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Platystemon posted:

When you came, you said to me as follows: “I will give Gimil‐san (when he comes) fine quality incendiary powder.” You left then but you did not do what you promised me. You put powder which was not good before my messenger (Ṣīt‐san) and said “If you want to take it, take it, if you do not want to take it, go away!”

What do you take me for, that you treat somebody like me with such contempt? I have sent as messengers gentlemen like ourselves to collect the bag with my money (deposited with you) but you have treated me with contempt by sending them back to me empty‐handed several times, and that through enemy territory. Is there anyone among the merchants who trade with Telmun‐to who has treated me in this way? You alone treat my messenger with contempt! On account of that one (trifling) yen of silver which I owe(?) you, you feel free to speak in such a way, while I have given to the palace on your behalf 1,080 pounds of powder, and Šumi‐sama has likewise given 1,080 pounds of powder, apart from what we both have had written on a sealed tablet to be kept in the temple of Suijin.

How have you treated me for that powder? You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory; it is now up to you to restore (my money) to me in full.

Take cognizance that (from now on) I will not accept here any powder from you that is not of fine quality. I shall (from now on) select and take the powder in my own yard, and I shall exercise against you my right of rejection because you have treated me with contempt.

Don't sign you are posts.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mustang posted:

In the Army Reconnaissance Course one of the first things they do after the land nav class is put you in a LMTV and drop you off in a random spot in the training areas at Fort Benning with nothing but a map and you have to navigate back.

Anyone ever show back up without the truck? "Where's the vehicle? Please tell me you can find your way back to it."

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

We're all in strung out shape, but stay frosty, and alert.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Wild T posted:

How do I get out of this chicken poo poo outfit?

Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh I thought it was some particular branch

vvvv Very nice

I can not stand for this slur upon the name of the Western Star truck manufacturing company. It's unruly, unseemly, and entirely unwarranted.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

This is a man who has never driven a western Star manufactured LSVW

One of the worst military vehicles...in the world.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

WS didn't design that one though. Militarized Italian breadvans. That just sounds like trouble.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

I withdraw my statement.

The IVECO built ones don't have the brake issues. Or the anemic 2.5l turbodiesel. Or the FUELFIREDCOOLANTHEATER that I never got to start ever. Those were all CAF/Western Star baby.

The only reason I know that is because you complained about it very loudly.

That's ok. I have hearing damage, too.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Wild T posted:

I love the purestrain Russian insanity of "What do we do with all these clapped-out 20mm barrels?" "Comrade, we make them into shotguns. Big shotguns."

Ahem, 23mm. Block buster, as in breaks an engine block. If it does, and if it does to a Russian car, is up for debate. hosed if I go out there with them bears without a six gauge though.

It's all so suggestive, isn't it?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is that able to load crazy poo poo like 23mm cannon shells or is it shotgun only? The rifled barrel has me curious.

Specialized shot shells. Slugs and frangible being the most common military rounds, buckshot available to civilians. Eldritch horrors are a motherfucker stepping out of the izba, I guess.

I know where you're going, other than the US import ban, they should be legal in NY.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

I don't like CFA for their politics, but also because the one around here is part of the complex where I get my groceries and the number of people lined up for just their drive-through causes terrible traffic backups. Makes no sense since Popeye's sandwiches are better, but this is Saint Louis, and racism is a thing.

It's so bad. There is a CFA in Valrico, Florida in front of a Super Walmart. The place is so busy people park in the empty lot across the lane to eat, cheerfully tossing their trash out the window.
"Gee, I like this place. Better make the polite little teenagers pick up my mess!"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Holy poo poo. I was scrolling down to post this one.

Bonus for the giant trucks that end up blocking the lanes to and from Walmart and home depot so they can get some not gay chicken.

Lol.

That whole parking lot is full of scum. Ever go around back of that WM? Big signs telling people not to, but it's too much trouble to take a few turns at 5mph. I've run a stack of product off the trailer and found some rear end in a top hat in a car literally at the bottom of my ramp. You watched me go backwards down this ramp-door with 150lbs of product, coming straight at you. gently caress you, then. I have eight stacks of this poo poo and I'm going to leave them right in front of your car. No, don't back up or anything. Honk at me, that'll do something!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

King of Bees posted:

Oops, wrong thread

What thread? I'm in Pinellas and haven't gotten mine yet. It's been over a week.

This is what happens when you let Florida people post on the internet.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 26, 2020

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Nope, but I was at Sonic the day a truck caught fire back there. That place is a cesspit, but it's somehow the nicest one around still. The CFA is the only major ballache in that whole complex.

Edit: And I got mine in 3 days. Took less time than my loving library card.

Hmmm. I'm starting to worry.

Bees meant to share that with the Florida thread, btw.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

...should I join the military

Mother, should I trust government
Mother, is it just a bag of dicks
Ooo, ahh,
Is it just a waste of time

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Oogie Boogie-rear end hand.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

That depends, are you in Alabama?

"San Francisco radio personality Big Joe Lopez held a protest outside the federal courthouse in Huntsville, Alabama, giving away sex toys to passersby."

o7

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I remember the Pubic Wars. 3rd Pontic Depilatory Corps, "The Bushwhackers" we called ourselves.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Yesterday someone asked if there were any trump voters left on this site and someone mentioned maybe in GiP/tfr and I don’t think I have ever :lmao:ed harder or longer.

I think some small part of the reputation comes from people who got hounded out of the rest of SA and took refuge in TFR and GiP. These are both smaller subs with more isolated (from the rest of SAF) posters. Once they were accepted, some awful posters stuck around without outing themselves as assholes for quite some time.

I've seen that change in both subs though. Even Aran/PCOS Bill was something of an anomaly by the time he really started to remove the veil. I feel there is far more engagement between any posters and the forums at large than there used to be, like we have more of a "vision" of what we are and who we want to be.

... or maybe I'm talking out the side of my neck. Right thread for it anyways!

I do kinda wonder how the IDR thing would have played out now, rather than how it did then.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Midjack posted:

Part of the reason TFR was a refuge for lovely posters is the fact that it basically didn’t have a mod for a couple of years so nothing got punished unless it got reported to an admin via PM in that era. It will also never really live down the pumpkin shotgun fiasco.

Yeah. LW really wasn't around for the last few years of his tenure, by his own admission.

I've seen a few posters I've missed from then come back to TFR recently, so that's a good sign.
Small and close-knit, but welcoming. Tender, Friendly Rambos. Trans, Firing Rifles. Something like that.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

TK-42-1 posted:

Gun oil is going to be the next brain damaging thing they find after lead.

That's why you only use the finest Swiss Waffenfett. Everything but the squeal.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

lightpole posted:

He didn't make it past a well hiked portion of Mt Tam or something right?

He went to a state park to "train" and didn't even last a few hours walking around on paved trails. Park Rangers had to rescue him.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Rat posted:

Sounds like my experience with dating apps :haw:

Poor date, thought of rat carcasses and rolled her ankle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Wild T posted:

New dickbook combining penis art with curated stories from the idiots thread. Call it Organ Failures.

I like it. I think it would have to keep to the original format, small and short. Like those little books of aphorisms that my father reflexively buys and endlessly quotes.

Organ Failures, Vol. 1: Mind
Organ Failures, Vol. 2: Body
Organ Failures, Vol. 3: Soul