Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Two year ago my friend passed away and in remembrance of him me and my friends decided to go watch Robocop wich was playing at Lincoln center in nyc for the Verhoven (who he loved) retrospective. The theater there has a lobby with a side room where events and talks are held and the walls are lined with full size signed portraits of actors and directors who have been there. That night the room was empty except for the portraits lining the wall. So after the movie me and my friends decided to sit down and reminisce about our friend. Our group consisted of 5 young college age people and three of them were well, attractive young women.

I think it was fleet week so a solitary sailor in crisp white uniform saunters into the theater and the security guard who checks for tickets pays him no mind as he stumbles into the theater and heads straight to the bathroom. He comes out and heads straight for us who were sitting in the far end of the room. He was a short rotund latino man who had piercing blue/grey eyes like a husky (possibly contacts?). He starts trying to flirt with the women in our group and mentioned that he recognizes the actors on the walls. He grabs a huge signed portrait of draco malfoy off the wall and says he loves him. As we all head out of the theater together, he gives the security guard a salute while cradling the huge heavy portrait and just saunters out of the theater with us. He tried to desperately join us wherever we were going, but because we were in a depressed mood we used the huge portrait as a reason he couldnt ride with us in our car.

Later as we were driving down the westside highway we see Draco Malfoy slowly drifting in the breeze out towards the hudson with the sailor with piercing eyes nowhere to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have never wanted to hear the other side of the story more since I got to ask grandmother about the time I climbed up onto her roof, a story my mother had told me many times to show that my father's side of the family was bad with kids. Grandma asked how I planned to get down and I used the ladder I'd climbed up to come down again. Mom was slightly embarrassed when she learned that grandma, if anything, knew me too well.

Me too, because alot of it doesnt make any sense. Why was he in Lincoln center? That's a fancy neighborhood with no bars or clubs that a horny sailor would want to be at. Why did he use a bathroom when he could have just pissed in the streets? Why did he think we were a group he could get lucky with when most of us were crying or looked really dour. Why did he think contacts that made him look like an X-Men character was attractive? How the hell did he get to the westside highway in less than 30 minutes when it takes me at least 15 minutes unencumbered from the location we were at and he was carrying something that weighed at least 30lbs and was cumbersome.

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 28, 2019

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I went to a boarding school in Nepal when I was younger and there used to be this older gentleman who used to just be in the main office all the time (he was some sort of investor or landowner involved with the school). By gentleman I mean wearing a hunting jacket, country gentleman's hat, with two pure bred hunting dogs. Always proper and spoke English with a British accent. He was a Rana which is the uppercaste of nepal and had been a highranking member of the Nepali royal army and had spent time in the UK at Sandhurst etc. He was also missing one arm all the way to his elbow.

I ended up somehow being tasked with taking care of his dogs and some of his office work as part of my chores. I once asked him how he lost his arm and he told me in a very serious manner that it was due to his military career (his office had a bunch of plaques from UN missions and Nepali army stuff). Later I met his granddaughter in the US and she told me he lost his arm fishing/poaching with explosives he stole from the military while stationed in a nature reserve overseeing the troops guarding the place from poachers.

Tldr: kill all nobles

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Booger Presley posted:

That's a cool story, but I need more about this boarding school in Nepal bit.

It's like hogwarts and basic without any of the magic but all of the violence, abuse and stupidity. Add to that being in a remote part of the country away from the cities filled with kids of important people during a maoist insurgency. Several members of the administration got kidnapped and ransomed, one parent was ambushed and killed on the way back to kathmandu, and our school compound was surrounded by torch and rifle wielding villagers as part of a labor dispute twice.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

My parents for the past decade have been posted around europe due to their work with the UN (germany, usa, italy, switzerland etc). Unfortunately they never really had good memories due to them not being white. They both speak fluent french, italian and English, so they often end up hearing things they would rather have not heard from their neighbors of passerbys. In Geneva my mother was constantly mistaken for domestic help, and in italy my father keeps getting harassed by cops. They love all the places they visit and live in, it's just there is an extra barrier and hurdle they have to pass before they can do so.

The town where they live now is near a african migrant detention center and the whole town is just covered in anti migrant graffiti. The local chinese restaurant which had been there for years recently closed down because it was repeatedly getting vandalised.

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCvfXscMx4

Bike messengers were a proud band of brothers and utter idiots