Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It'll be cool to skeet all over that tat while he's deployed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I like how they’re so in your face and against common decency but they can’t put gently caress on a shirt without trying to obscure it because that’s just a bridge too far

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

If you refused to buy things from shithead conservatives owned businesses you’d have to resort to subsistence farming

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Is there an actual proscription on officers talking political stuff or is that just one of those decorum things that went out the window with everything else that keeps our country stable?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Beepity Boop posted:

Hatch Act if you mean "officers can't talk about partisan politics," other than that it's decorum up until the point where someone above them decides it's actually Conduct Unbecoming.

Ok so you can talk all the poo poo you want but you can’t be an active part of a party in an official capacity.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

So sucking off Trump on the timeline is looked down upon? Because I said “I thought it was unbecoming to be a political partisan” and was told I know nothing of the military.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Fair enough. I just kind of feel like it’d be similar to a report of police brutality where the CO would agree and welp. Thanks for the answers. I figured he’s being a huge jackass I just wanted some outside confirmation that what I’ve picked up through osmosis wasn’t wrong.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I’m shocked he took a 20mm to the dome and was still alive

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

what’s up with the blue wedding band?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

World War Depression

Honestly every thread title in this entire forum should be this.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Everyone will be free from tyranny if we wipe out *checks notes* credit card debt!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Gun oil is going to be the next brain damaging thing they find after lead.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Aggies are a whole class of idiot on their own.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

There’s something in my genetic memory that loves pipes. My old neighbor would host a family reunion every year and I’d go over and talk to the pipers who told me every year without fail that the best way to wet their reeds was with whisky.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

isn’t that the basis of reactive armor?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

how did it get him kicked out?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Sacrist65 posted:

I have to assume they think the "leadership development" part of that looks good on resumes or something.

Holy poo poo if someone told me they went through that for fun in a job interview I would immediately end it and make sure they don't accidently eat paint chips on the way out.

It’s frankly a miracle aggies are as successful as they are in the real world. It’s like a self sustaining safety net.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

What the gently caress is it? Texas version of JROTC? What do they do? I've read a little, but I can't figure out what the gently caress they are and what it's used for.

It’s A&Ms own little rotc to itself. The whole school is steeped in and prides itself on self destructive traditions like the bonfires that killed a bunch of kids a few years ago. But they all come out of it with a devotion to it that allows them better connections. Like joining the marines version of skull and bones at Yale. It’s very cultish and car manufacturers actually produce vehicles in their maroon because so many of them buy them to signal that they’re part of the group.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Thomamelas posted:

cheerleaders at football games.

yell leaders because cheering is for queers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

https://y.yarn.co/75638608-3915-4a63-9a89-e0e9f1094606.mp4

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

*spins chair around revealing no pants but a bunch of green paint on his knob*

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Thump! posted:

lmao jesus loving christ dude just shies away from it like it ain’t no thang

are you really going to yell ‘dude what the gently caress’ at the guy that almost shot you and is still shooting?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

"You shoot like a cop" has never been a compliment.

Didn’t some nypd shoot like 100+ rounds at someone and not only miss the target implement but hit someone else?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

What was she doing that they decided they had to shoot her of all the people inside the capitol building?

There’s video of it happening from a few angles including the guy taking the shot. Looks like usss and rumor is that Pence and others were in that hall. Door is locked and barricaded by tables and desks as a pretty obvious ‘this far and no further’ line and she’s trying to get past it. Dude hesitates for a moment and then takes the shot.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

If it’s stupid, but it works even once...

A lot of them live streamed themselves so I don’t think the bar is too low

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

I'd play ElMaligno's inferno.

It’d be kind of nuts to play a psychonauts style jaunt through a bunch of different planets in the style of what mormons think is the perfect society. Just endless stepford wives style horror.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

I keep forgetting how thick that book is. I mean the turner diaries got its racist rear end alt-history book over with in 200 pages, how the hell did Ayn Rand figure her "gently caress you got mine" screed needed 1k pages.

half of it is the I am John Galt speech.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

I bought a fat stack of Saddam era dinar for like 10$. I knew I was getting ripped off, but poo poo, I didn't mind. I still have a bunch somewhere.

no worse than a shot glass or a fork from a kitch shop

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

10k rounds of 9mm;
0 pocket knives or multitools.

I'm also picking up the vibe that this dude never heard of redundancy.

E- I'll bet money they have a manual opener, but no idea how to use it

They have one, but the one guy that knows how is making them figure it out from first principles.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Big Abu Hajaar Energy

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I feel like this may have been posted before:
https://twitter.com/theepicdept/status/1372415511879954435

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

There’s something iconic about that look. If they changed it people would want them to go back because it ‘feels wrong’

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Wild T posted:

The classic Windows 95 era trick was to take a screenshot of their desktop, move all their icons into a folder and drag it offscreen. Lower the task bar all the way, too. Then set the picture of desktop as the background.

Folks will be madly clicking on everything thinking their computer has frozen. gently caress. I'm old.

this reminded me of the old ‘the system is down’ videos with the help desk guy. now i need to hunt those down

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

perfection.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I was always partial to the startup .bat that would change the desktop background. I only did it to sports fans and would just make it be a background of whatever rival team it was.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

vilerat was a land of contrasts

the palest arms and the most vibrant blues

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

“oh thank loving god” is realest reaction to some of these stories i’ve ever seen

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Guest2553 posted:

Incomplete maze tattoos on their left breast?

I'm guessing they mean a swastika

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I’m going to willfully give up all of the resources the expenditure of 1/3rd of my life has granted me because I can’t shut the gently caress up for no greater than 10 months of my life and get a shot that billions of people have also gotten.

It’s more troubling that these slapdicks have been running the military this whole time with no recourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Garbaldi’s line about electric bleachers for executions was taken from poo poo Doyle used to say freely. Dude was like a walking talk show radio host in space. Also Adam isn’t part of the Alec/Billy/Steven/The other one Baldwin family. He doesn’t dissuade anyone who has that idea tho.