Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Thank you to everyone who is mining the best of the old thread and putting it here for us to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

How is his monthly net pay 720 when his rent alone is $1230

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

`Nemesis posted:

No context provided

I'm surprised no one warned him about the dangers of excess masturbation

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I'm a little disappointed the wheels weren't made into dicks.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

So, maybe we should do something about that "President can unclassify anything they want whenever they want" thing. I guarantee you that Donny has no idea what is or isn't classified and what is or isn't tactically sensitive, we've seen as much evidence to that point over the last 3 years. Just makes the "buttery males!" thing that much more galling.

The solution to that is impeachment and removal, but here we are I guess.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Sounds to me a perfect business opportunity to charge an extra $100 for certified tested dice.

You joke but someone did exactly that if you look further into the thread.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

bloops posted:

I’ve seen people fill that thing up that a poo peak grows to nearly flush with the seat.

If your last poo poo makes it high enough that no one else can poo poo, does that make you King of poo poo Mountain?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

It's War Thunder.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

He wanted to break 1,000,000 before he died, it was really a race against time.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

They learned that, once again, no one will get fired for funneling billions of dollars for no actual result.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

dscruffy1 posted:

I figured Phantom Shitter is someone who shits in a public space and then beats feet for someone else to discover. We had it happen fairly often in the showers at DLI.

This made a hilarious mental picture for ND'ing into a desk, so I'm fairly sure I've got my definition wrong.

I'm also extremely disappointed that "ND" wasn't a euphemism here

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Memento posted:

Wheeling back around to this one, the two main dudes just got 20 years in Venezuela's finest correctional facility.

Daddy Trump won't be able to bail you out of this one lads.

He doesn't like people who get captured, remember?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

bulletsponge13 posted:

Do you recall the name of the ship, or something I read further on?

I suspect they mean this:

"indeed, one of the shells may have exploded early and disabled one of Musashi's guns during the Battle of the Sibuyan Sea.[4]"

Not the same, but I also don't remember anything about any IJN BB's being accidentally suicided (as opposed to the final sallies out which were expected to be suicidal)

My mistake, thanks

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 28, 2020

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

bulletsponge13 posted:

I recall seeing an article (I want to say Nat Geo, but that is probably wrong) that the dude is single handedly responsible for the largest single collection of tablets from the time.

I'm not a lovely business man, I'm a future archeological hero!

Imagine if most of your knowledge of society came from Carl Ichan's mail

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

thr first few times i saw that picture, i assumed it was arranged like a side-holster tilted forward a bit, so the barrel was pointing back past your ear, but i guess that would be too easy to fall out.

gunter_skul_gun.jpg

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Not an emptyquote

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Stingwing posted:

The front wheel broke off because it was a bicycle trailer not meant to be used that way, so he abandoned it almost immediately without making any attempt to fix it.

:stare:

That's just magnificent, especially since people specifically told him in the thread that the cart wasn't a good choice.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

why the gently caress wouldn't he just use hot water and dish soap

Broke: Inserting a random object into your urethra

Woke: Sterilizing it first

Bespoke: Putting Neosporin on it instead to kill those germs and any ones you might get on the way there

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

There's a reason they ended up all the way out in Utah.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

canyoneer posted:

It's been done.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/eye-sky
Extremely spooky privacy implications

And now with Gorgon Stare, too!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Steezo posted:

Guess you don't wanna hear about powder burns with missing increments then... And it was whole belts of .50 that people would find in the bushes out there. Smart ones left it alone. Dumb ones brought it back to the pos after taking a poo poo then had to spell "I WILL NOT PICK UP poo poo" with rocks. That kid was a trip, he later popped hot for meth.

Dumb civilian question, why is it so painful to bring back ammo that was found? I get that it's probably a headache for accounting reasons, and if you can figure out who dumped it I'm assuming poo poo rains on them (and from them on to you in some way) but is there another reason?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The sudden upwards splash of crimson on the sign as they collide into it is kinda mortifying.

It looks to be a flag or canvas ad or something, you can see one on an earlier light pole.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

Dude’s not a bad engineer, he’s just unlucky. One time someone gave him a Geiger counter and he almost shut down New Zealand, a notorious nuclear free zone, because of a radiation emergency. That’s how unlucky he is.

Is there a link for this?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Forgot about this, thank you

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Post your radium jar please

Is that where Jeffrey puts the old code?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

stevobob posted:

URANIUM TILES: Do not use the floor as this will result in death

shitter with uranium tiles posted:

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Moon Slayer posted:

lol yeah wikipedia says that he tried to sue over that Owen Wilson movie despite the fact that "US pilot shot down in the Balkans" was the only similarity, and then tried and failed to get elected to Congress in Texas.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Apparently he was slated to be the Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs in Trump’s second term so when Trump lost he started tweeting about the need to declare martial law

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/04/politics/trump-nominee-pentagon-martial-law/index.html

Sounds like he's actually quite skilled in getting shot down

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

GD_American posted:

I had wondered about midair refueling but realize now the Apaches can’t.

So I’m guessing Pakistan wouldnt be cool with them topping off at their airport or a forward refueling point then

I have to assume that the whole main rotor thing would affect the fuel hose.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

The Apache doesn't have a giant straw stuck to the front of it for Just In Case I Wanna Top Up Without Landing.

Wibla posted:

Also: helo pilots are INSANE.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Moon Slayer posted:

I don't understand how this keeps happening. I know that the stars are a lot brighter when you're out in the middle of the ocean or flying at twenty thousand feet but does Venus actually look like anything more than just a brighter star? How do people keep mistaking it for a UFO or an enemy ship/aircraft?

Twinkling light with apparent motion, much brighter than the surroundings, when seeing might already be too late?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Is that last man shuffling thing they're doing an actual Thing, or is this as strange as it seems, horrifying range safety aside?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

carrionman posted:

But to me he's the man who licked a dose of man batter out of a second hand fucktube and got a disease as a prize.

Please do not worry about the writing quality, it is fine. Please continue posting these stories.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Booger Presley posted:

No judgment here, just curiosity.

Who wears a robe, and when do they do it?

Wizards

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

quote:

"It was a trail of tears and douche bag cars," said a Special Forces member who witnessed the scene late last week while each soldier stopped for questioning had their vehicle parked along the street.

A delightful paragraph

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:hmmyes:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Has he actually been sentenced yet?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"And what did we learn?" :v:

Bust a deal, face the wheel?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Crab Dad posted:

Jason Just-Bourne.

As seen in The Just-Bourne White Supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

CNSI cover sheets are available as PDFs.

Why would he care? He's just going to get sentenced to "time served" for the five minutes he spent in a federal building last week and an apology.