Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EBB posted:

sometimes the sheep kick

I appreciated this joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I never really got seasick, but hungover when leaving port was a pretty common thing among all ranks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4UZMHTjRA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wanna see an update in 2 years with his stripe back but then sharpied over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And that's Channing Tatum as Danny McBride's bitch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think even during the apocalypse and as a slave Channing Tatum could do better than Danny Mcbride

If you've never watched the movie, you should. It's set in the real world. Everyone plays themselves, but in an extreme caricature fashion. Everyone in hollywood is an idiot first, a coward second, and a complete piece of poo poo.

In the context of the film it makes absolute perfect sense that Tatum would cling to McBride's dick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

Vietnam era veteran
Actual hat I've seen:
proud brother of
Vietnam Veteran

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One of the best SWOs I know has a music degree and taught middle school band before going to OCS.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chichevache posted:

I'm triggered by how much toilet paper you wasted instead of just using a shirt.

That's a paper towel, homie.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Icon Of Sin posted:

I can't find it, but there was a tweet or article floating around about a bunch of marines that got an STI from a fleshlight because they passed it around without washing it first :vomarine:

Was also the plot to an episode of blue mountain state.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh poo poo. Just saw a Ford Raptor with a camo paint job and Navy window sticker(edit: as in bumper sticker thing) in the wild.

Thought of you all. :love:

Edit 2: not navy camo just to be clear. Desert looking digital stuff.

The type 2 NWU is desert colored digi, isn't it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vengarr posted:

"I can literally smell my burning nuts" for next thread title please

I didn’t have a shield up for mine and could see what was happening. The tool to cauterize the vas deferens looks like a soldering iron. And yeah, you can not only sed the smoke rise from your junk - you smell it, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Memento posted:

I haven't ever had cause to question it but I assume there are clearing barrels on a naval ship?

Yes. MP implies that he wasn't in the navy, though. Navy cops are MAs. It would have to be a large ship for him to be armed underway. Small boys only have one MA typically and they're never armed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That made me realize that "oorah" backwards is "haroo". Maybe the marines should make that their new motto.

HAROO! :)

they'd just all sound like dick nixon in futurama

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

that's painful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Are we 100% sure that isn't Sacha Baron Cohen?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Real chat - you need to have some conversations about love languages and the way you communicate. You're not communicating with her in the right fashion on this. Be prepared, though, that if this is a make or break type thing, you have to be ready for the break.

Are you wanting to take a further step in the relationship? You could very easily bring this up as a part of the transition to a more serious phase if that's where you want to go.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

White Supremacists.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It wasn't even a medical discharge from the sound of it. Medical discharge generally implies it was in the line of duty and comes with some sort of disability rating. If he was just home at post-basic leave and was found that his injury was non-lod, then he just got an entry level sep.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

When I was a deck SN I walked into the pilothouse after routing the night orders. the bmow was leaning on the helm talking to the helmsman. right as I walk by he says "yeah and that's the two best things from new jersey" to which my dumb rear end asked "what are?" and received a very loud deez nuts in the darkness.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The navy is chock full of neurodivergent people.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Being on the spectrum is an asset to much of the navy's mission because you need atypical thinking to survive in that environment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grip it and rip it posted:

JOs on submarines are about as miserable as anyone can be on a submarine, which is to say extremely.

Unless they're the chop. Being a nuke is miserable regardless of location. Being a non-nuke officer on a sub is considerably less miserable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sacrist65 posted:

Im like 70% sure this is Texas A&M ROTC.

These people will be leading troops in less than 3 years.

A&M's corps of cadets are not all ROTC and the majority of them will never be in the military.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CainFortea posted:

Is that her shoe?

Yup. I also love the dude's heads on head move. It's a universal human message of "oh gently caress."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I saw this wrist tattoo in cspam.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ah that lone mcdonalds ribbon following what is most certainly an A-school wedding.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hey, you better honor his service, he has a marksmanship ribbon too.

That's a genuine hero.

sure enough I missed that one. Didn't score high enough for sharpshooter or expert, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skelaboo posted:

My co-worker also has two pairs custom print ahegao Chucks in black and white and color with a matching hoodie, sweatpants, phone case, and pop socket on the phone. Thankfully he just wears the mask to work.

I JUST LIKE ANIME ALRIGHT?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pkells posted:

Huh, rrail's forever-probation is nearly down to triple-figure days. Wasn't that initial ban like 11+ years?

100k probes are 11.4 years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

I thought ahegao was the tongue pictures. Is it actually a whole category of poo poo? No I will not google it.

Edit: Or this is just a related but not-the-same-thing shirt, probably.

It's specifically the cross-eyed orgasm face.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

I'm a lifelong atheist and grew up in a city with a lot of Mormons and their religion is insane but out of meeting and knowing dozens I can only think of one who was a bad person.

I've known only maybe half a dozen mormons in my life and they were all great people that would give you the shirt off their back.

The only time I can ever recall any of them being cross was at an officer training program. One was particularly loud and fought until he got access to the soda machine that we weren't technically supposed to use because training commands are dumb. We were allowed to have coffee, though, so his argument won the day.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

Best part: She was PSYOPS. A field and profession that should actually be most capable of being able to refute and comprehend conspiracy theories. She is REALLY bad at her job.

That's part of why Flynn pisses me off so much. I think he's deliberately doing this poo poo because he's getting paid to do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

brains posted:

i think you underestimate the potency and efficacy of the right-wing propaganda feedback loop on social media.

I'm not saying that propaganda isn't powerful. It absolutely is. However, Flynn is essentially running the "How to Destabalize a Government" playbook normally used when we want to set up regime change in a foreign country on the United States government.

He's already taken money from the Turks, and there's no telling who else is bankrolling him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Platystemon posted:

Well it’s run out now.

No resumption of posting, though.

It's difficult to post with one arm.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also you can skip to 6 minutes to see the action.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's not very often you hear an attorney say "See if I show up!" and then dip the gently caress out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

What happens to that attorney now

She was held in contempt by the judge with a $500 fine and a suspended sentence of 90 days in jail.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They got better vaccination rates with the anthrax vaccine.

loving give them all the shot and adsep anyone who refuses jesus loving christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think that was AZ not Moderna.

E: yeah just checked - AZ has clotting issues. There are none with moderna. Australia cannot even get the moderna vaccine at the moment since they aren’t allowed to export.