Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

CC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

BB

Let's not make trades we don't understand.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1A 2B

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
A, B

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

AB

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BB

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

CC

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
AB

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
DB

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voting is closed for this session.

quote:

Rolling Choice for Event 25: Gem Deal, Part I

Junpei hits Option A for 2.63 Vote.
Arcanuse hits Option A for 4.18 Vote.
malbogio hits Option C for 3.16 Vote.
Average Lettuce hits Option B for 2.43 Vote.
Lux Animus hits Option A for 2.63 Vote.
Theantero hits Option A for 2.54 Vote.
WereGoat hits Option A for 1.50 Vote.
HiHo ChiRho hits Option B for 1.09 Vote.
Toughy hits Option C for 1.73 Vote.
Dog Kisser hits Option A for 0.76 Vote.
Not Alex Crits Option D for 4.09 Vote.

Result: Option A wins. (53.3%)

Average Lettuce has leveled up to Level 4! Critical Strike goes up by 1.
Toughy has leveled up to Level 3! Real Life Obligations goes up by 1.

quote:

Rolling Choice for Event 26: Gem Deal, Part II

Junpei hits Option D for 2.77 Vote.
Arcanuse hits Option B for 4.48 Vote.
malbogio hits Option C for 3.50 Vote.
Average Lettuce hits Option B for 3.15 Vote.
Lux Animus hits Option B for 2.76 Vote.
Theantero hits Option B for 2.64 Vote.
WereGoat Crits Option B for 3.36 Vote.
HiHo ChiRho hits Option B for 1.26 Vote.
Toughy hits Option C for 2.37 Vote.
Dog Kisser hits Option B for 0.82 Vote.
Not Alex hits Option B for 2.02 Vote.

Result: Option C wins in an upset! (20.2%)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ellen: Right, you have been very open so far, and that's why I don't trust this deal.
Ellen: I'm shady, remember? I used to do deals all the time.

She smiles, ever so graciously.

Lamelie: Of course, I get that.
Lamelie: You're in a suit even under this sun, smoking in front of me, and the two things you chose to know is that you both protect, and kill people, I assume at the same time... when they do... deals?
Lamelie: I'm not looking to die here - she says, smiling, with her hands raised, palms facing you, signing she has nothing to hide.

-That's sweet.

You take a drag.

-See, I'm glad you took your sweet time sweet talking.
-I noticed that my "magic gem" is like, twice the size of yours? Three times?
-What's up with that?

You exhale.

quote:

And I don't think I can kill you even if I tried.

Ellen: Now, I want to be friends, but you want to do business.
Ellen: These seldom mix, so what's it gonna be?

She chuckles, though not as nervously as you expected. She's way too smooth.

Lamelie: It's not business, it's just a friendly trade.

-Nah.

You take a deep drag of your make-do roll of paper.

-You wanted to do the deal before explaining to me how these work.
-And you waited for me to get high before proposing. I bet those eyes of yours widened up the second you saw my "magic gem" here but that visor covered it. They must come in handy when hiding your tells, uh?
-Nah, this right here is business and like you said, seems like I got ripped off once.

Ellen: So. What's up with the size?

She lays back and looks at you pensively.

Proceed

Elentor fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 4, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lamelie: They're called Eons.
Lamelie: They form in hotspots. They're Kali stuck in gems, stones, crystals, glass. They're magic made form.

Ellen: So how do you use them?

Lamelie: You remember when you felt us merging? That was our Kali.
Lamelie: Your last memory before you slept was imprinted in your Kali.

Ellen: Right, I call those last memories "mementos". To distinguish them from what you call glimpses.
Ellen: Because they're not memories, they're just words.
Lamelie: Is that so?

Lamelie: Your memento is imprinted in your Kali, not your mind. That's why you could sense mine and I yours.
Lamelie: If you open your Kali to an Eon...

She touches her Brown Gem. For a moment, you see her finger passing through. No, it's entering the gem.

Lamelie: You can merge yourself with it.

When she takes her finger off, the gem looks dead. You remember you saw a glow in it before, much like your Fire one, but fainter.

Lamelie: And that right there you have is not a manufactured Eon. That right there is just a piece of Amber. - She laughs.
Lamelie: You got ripped off big time if that's all you have with you. Someone left you to make an Eon out of your own Kali. That's why you're late to the party. No wonder the area around that cave doesn't even have grass anymore.
Lamelie: My amber solidified like a rock and cracked. I take yours melted? - She gasps, jokingly - Did it burst into flames?

Ellen: It heated, then cracked. Made a huge noise. Probably similar to yours.
Ellen: So this gem is not a gem, it's just a piece of amber holding my Kali?

Lamelie: I think so, yes.

She takes a closer look.

Lamelie: Looks like amber to me. Did you not make that connection?

quote:

My whole cocoon was glowing...

Lamelie: I can use your Fire to do magic. How about you just let me take some of it? There's three Eons worth of Fire in that piece of amber. You let me take a third of it, I give you my Water Eon, and you even get to use your Fire Eon with more ease because if you haven't been able to dominate your own Kali by now then magic is not for you. That thing probably drains you just from looking at it.

A) Let her take an Eon-full of Fire, take her Water Eon.
B) Let her take two Eons worth of Fire, take her Water Eon.
C) Let her drain your entire Amber worth of Fire and keep it as a vessel, take her Water Eon - Tell her she owes you big time.
D) Decline the trade.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 5, 2019

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong
A

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Do we even need water if leaves can keep us fed?
Have you found any tricks the water gem can do?
How did you end up with two gems?
What do you see yourself using fire for?
If we made our Eon ourself when we lost our memories then is part of us inside of it?

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

D Got way too squirrelly about this.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

A+X

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Not Alex posted:

D Got way too squirrelly about this.

This.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Absent additional information, D.

Best not to be rushed into a deal by a more knowledgable party with unknown goals. We can make the trade later if it’s favorable to both parties.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

D

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

malbogio posted:

Absent additional information, D.

Vote: +1

Yeah, let's not make any decisions based on no information.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
D

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

D

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A

Never run out of drinking water
Never run out of fire for smokes
Learn ... Steam magic???

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voting is closed for this session.

quote:

Rolling Choice for Event 27: Gem Deal, Part III

Moleboy's Desperado hits Option A for 4.93 Vote.
Not Alex hits Option D for 2.28 Vote.
Junpei hits Option A for 3.09 Vote.
Arcanuse hits Option A for 4.92 Vote.
Arcturas hits Option D for 1.67 Vote.
malbogio hits Option D for 3.30 Vote.
Average Lettuce's Desperado hits Option D for 5.67 Vote.
CourValant hits Option D for 1.60 Vote.
Theantero hits Option D for 2.89 Vote.
Toughy Crits Option D for 4.62 Vote.
Lux Animus Crits Option A for 6.00 Vote.

Result: Option D wins. (53.8%)

malbogio has leveled up to Level 5! Bad Luck Protection goes up by 1.

quote:

Rolling Choice for Event 28: Secret Event

Arcanuse hits Option A for 5.28 Vote.

Result: Option A wins unanimously! (100.0%)

quote:

Rolling Choice for Custom Event.

malbogio hits Option A for 3.91 Vote.

Result: Option A wins unanimously! (100.0%)

Elentor fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 4, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ellen: I think I'll pass. But thank you for the offer.

You finish smoking the desert leaf.

Ellen: I'm thinking this is a bad trade. Answer me honestly: Do we even need water?

Lamelie looks frustrated. She frowns. She doesn't show anger, but disappointment. You can't see her eyes, but you know she's staring at your Eon from her head's angle.

Lamelie: We do, and we don't. Why do you think I walled myself off near a body of water? It's not for the vista.
Lamelie: As long as you have Kali, and you're not dead, your body will regenerate itself. I don't know how it works. Your Kali is better at doing it than mine.

Ellen: I take you know that from a Glimpse?
Lamelie: Yes.
Ellen: I've only had the one, thanks to your wall. How many have you had?
Lamelie: I've had five.

"Five. That explains why she knows so much."

Lamelie: I'm an Aeonist. Was. Am. I'm what the common folk would call a Battle Mage, and the very, very ignorant, superstitious would call a Witch - she seems to take offense at the mere thought of that, like it came from a bad memory she had.
Lamelie: My Kali doesn't protect my body as much as it protects yours, but on the other hand it's easy for me to manifest it externally. This is why you can survive the fall even with little Kali left. I can survive that fall too, but not bereft of water or nourishment.

You're listening, paying close attention.

Lamelie: If you run out of Kali to feed, you're as fragile as a human. That goes both for your injuries as well as your needs. Truth be told, I need this Water Eon more than you do.
Ellen: Then why do you want to trade? What do you see yourself using fire for?
Lamelie: Because I want to make [Magma]. That would be within my reach. Magma.

quote:

I remember how my Eon reacted to the wall. Is that because the wall was made of magic?

She's staring at your Eon.

Ellen: You really want it, don't you?
Ellen: But I know you won't attack me. That's your memento, right?
Ellen: Your Memento of Kali.

She sighs.

Lamelie: You're being very rude.
Lamelie: But yes, I would very much appreciate it. It would give me some modicum of offensive capabilities.

Ellen: Oh I can tell you your walls attacked me very well.

She scoffs, then looks away.

Ellen: Something has been bothering me. Why do you have two Eons and I had, well, none?
Lamelie: I don't know. I'm an Aeonist. I figure out that I hoarded them. Or maybe we knew each other and you gave them to me because it made more sense, wouldn't that be a twist? What bothers me more is why I only have two in the first place.

Ellen: I'm sorry, I'm too squirrelly about parting with something you said has my soul in it.
Lamelie: Not your soul. Your Kali. I don't even know if souls exist. This is like, I don't know, something you produce. Your magic residue. I don't want to sound vulgar, but haven't you figured out yet? We drained this land. This gem is what you have to show for it.
Lamelie: We're like, Magic vampires. If vampires existed they'd probably be scared we'd drain them too. That bat was only alive because it was way too close to you.
Ellen: Ebb and flow?
Lamelie: I think it's just flow. You drained from it, but it was draining from the pool around you. That bat was like your suit. It was protected by your Kali, just like you are. It's probably dead right now.
Ellen: Still, if I made this Eon myself when I lost my memories, shouldn't part of me be inside of it?

Lamelie: I don't know. I don't think it does anymore than your spit contains parts of you.
Lamelie: You said it yourself. There are no memories, just words. Maybe we don't have any Eons because it took all of them to imprint words into our Kali. And if you ask me, I suspect even those words will fade away.
Ellen: Like a note written in the sand.

Ellen: And you found no use for the Water Eon? No tricks?
Lamelie: Oh, I can make water very slowly. Enough to drink, not enough to drown someone in it.
She laughs at the thought of it.
Lamelie: I guess I can create a tiny bit of water on someone's nose and scare them for a moment before they realize it'd take me hours to suffocate them.
Ellen: But you said you wanted to mix my fire with your earth. Can't you do the same with water?
Lamelie: I tried to mix it with Earth to make mud or something easier to shape, but it didn't happen. I don't seem to be able to mix them together, but in a glimpse I remember mixing Fire and Earth.

Proceed.

[Optional #1]
A1) As [Ellen] or [Players], start [Planning your next course of Action].

[Optional #2, Chance to Miss]
A2) As [Ellen], [Queue Up] [Some] [Action].

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 5, 2019

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A1) As Ellen plan to talk Lamelie into accompanying us out of the valley. We should both be safer and less bored if we stick together. Prolonged deprivation of human contact breaks people, and we don't appear to have a lot of choices for friends as an energy vampire.

A2) Eat, drink, and search the valley for useful things we can carry.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

malbogio posted:

A1) As Ellen plan to talk Lamelie into accompanying us out of the valley. We should both be safer and less bored if we stick together. Prolonged deprivation of human contact breaks people, and we don't appear to have a lot of choices for friends as an energy vampire.

I agree with this.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

malbogio posted:

Sounds good to me. Voting for this.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Elentor posted:

Ellen: Your Memento of Kali.
That's the name of the thread! :buddy:

[Optional #1]
A1) As [Ellen], [Trade 1 Aeon of Fire for Lamelie's services and companionship].

[Optional #2, Chance to Miss]
A2) As [Ellen], [Gather Food and Water for travel].

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lux Animus posted:

That's the name of the thread! :buddy:

It was the secret option of the previous post!

Kudos to Arcanuse for figuring it out.

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong

malbogio posted:

Nthing This

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

malbogio posted:

Agreed.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

malbogio posted:

Vote: +1

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

malbogio posted:

this

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

malbogio posted:

Ye!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

malbogio posted:

This

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Memento of Kali Patch 1.2

1) Streak Exp Bonus slightly nerfed. It's still very high for some players but previously it was a bit absurd.
2) Greatly Increased how much Experience it takes to level up. This doesn't affect any existing player or the Exp curve up until now. This is in preparation of two upcoming Catch-Up Mechanics for new players.
3) Added a Thread Level Passive Bonus related to 2), to be unlocked on the next Thread Level.
4) Added Thread Level-Scaling Exp, starting next Level.

With the power creep, a new player's vote has very little impact. What this does is that a single casual player's vote will still be weak in comparison to the other players, but they'll be able to catch up much faster if they stick around for a few more votes.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 5, 2019

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

malbogio posted:

Yes please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You get up.

-Alright, I need some stretching. We've been talking for like what, two hours? Three hours?

Lamelie: So what's on your mind?

Ellen: Well, I plan to find some civilization. And to do that I need to leave the Dead Mesa.

Lamelie: I would... not recommend that.

Ellen: Well we can't be trapped here forever. I'm curious to meet new people.
Ellen: You had previously said something about seing some people, but not in the common sense of the word, what did you mean?

Lamelie: When I approached the exit... I saw a figure. A shadow.
Lamelie: I sense someone's Kali. It was so... hostile.

quote:

Ah, so that's why she's so afraid.

Lamelie: It was filled with hostile intent.

You walk around and shrug it off. Guess you will have to go there yourself and feel it to take it seriously.

Ellen: You previously mentioned someone called Vaulore. Who is she?
Lamelie: Vaulore? I don't know, that name doesn't ring a bell.
Ellen: Well, you said it. "By Vaulore" or something like that.
Lamelie: Probably the name of a Goddess. It must have become a common expression.

Lamelie: But getting back to your previous question. Like I said, my Kali expands... so I can sense others better.
Lamelie: There is someone from my Glimpses... someone who can do it even better than I do. I don't intend to stay in this Valley forever, I need to find her. I think awareness is key if I am to survive.
Lamelie: With that said, other than the dreadful presence, I sensed another Kali around, from the distance. I'm not sure it felt mine.

Proceed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 5, 2019