Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Chaosfeather posted:

As player: Experience the joy of seeing more story in this thread, and hope that ELENTOR is doing well
:yossame:❗️

Elentor posted:

Thank you so much everyone. You have no idea how much this warms my heart. I mean it.

I appreciate it.
💟

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Chaosfeather posted:

As player: Experience the joy of seeing more story in this thread, and hope that ELENTOR is doing well

+1

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As Malu, you find yourself moving to the rhythm of a song, or so you're trying.

Ultimately, you end up frustrated. Your body doesn't move the way you want to - the way you're used to. Ellen always had a smoothness to her brutality, but you suppose it's not like yours, at least not when it comes to dancing.

For a brief second you wonder how many of your memories are faithful. How much have you romanticized her. How much you saw just what you wanted to see. How much you saw yourself in her. But truth be told, you think, outside of the pangs you share, you had very different personalities.

Everyone around you feels sort of uncomfortable. Of course - you're this city's Warden. Everyone knows your face, and those who don't are certainly hearing about it.

You leave the bar. There is nothing for you there.

----------------------------------------------------------

As you walk across the streets in the western district, you hear the distinct sound of people singing not poorly, but amateurly.

The bar is lit just the way you like - dimly, cozy, filled with assets no doubt taken from the Scars. There's a small stage, and someone is just wrapping up a lovely song.

"I missed it. I missed the music."

"You're gonna have to wait in line, miss", the manager says. "I know who you are, but-"
"It's alright."

----------------------------------------------------------

By the time you find yourself up in the stage, a few people have left, and a few others have come in. There are a few dozen people looking at you, intently. Some are nervous, some are curious, but they are all confused.

-I'm... Ellen. But I think you all know me. Well, not this side of me.

As you speak, you realize that your voice is rasp, and... not at all like yours. You were aware of that, but not so conscious as one is when they have to sing to an awkward audience. And then you realize you also don't remember any songs.

-So, I... do not know any songs. Which means I have to improvise. I picture... you are all asking "what the gently caress", and I think I am too.
-But worst case scenario, we all have a good laugh.

You think you are making this more awkward, which is very unlike you. You look down for a second, and time freezes. You are nervous. You have that distinct feeling of dissociation, when one's memories seem to fade, and all you can see and hear is the now, and all the steps you took that led you here are seemingly forgotten. "How did I end up here, again?"

You nod your head.

-Here goes nothing.

[OPTIONAL]
A) Freely give Malu a song to sing - [Fort Minor - Remember the Name]

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 22, 2020

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A) Anna Ternheim - No I Don't Remember

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And yeah, you're drat right I voted.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

B) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer

Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind

Grace Baiting fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 15, 2020

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

A) Neovaii - Bad for You

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 23, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A. Eluveitie - A Rose for Epona
https://youtu.be/_1lXdLus2WI

Always makes me think of my brother, one of the last videos he shared with me.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Dissociative-like states, you say? Sounds like it's time for some Yes!

A) Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart seems really appropriate for Malu, especially the lyrics. (Though I find Starship Trooper the most beautiful one, I've karaoke'd that one before and I am NOT going to put her and the audience through that.)

Changed my vote below. It was just too good.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 16, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Reclaimer posted:

A) Celldweller - Just Like You

Jojozinho
Sep 12, 2008
A) Fort Minor - Remember the name

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Reclaimer posted:

A) Celldweller - Just Like You

I have no idea what to pick for this situation so I'm gonna give +1 to this.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Wow, All these votes for the wrong celdweller song. When pining for a slightly(sorry malu) obsessive and now gone love y'all go for Just like You and not Heart On?

My Personal vote - Celldweller - Heart On.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 15, 2020

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jojozinho posted:

Hahhahahahahahahha

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jojozinho posted:

:golfclap:

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Jojozinho posted:

I'm going to give my vote to this because wow

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Jojozinho posted:

+1

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Jojozinho posted:

:prepop:
Welp, changing my vote to this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jojozinho posted:

Catalina posted:

:prepop:
Welp, changing my vote to this.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voting is closed for this session.

quote:

Rolling Choice for Event 270: Song Choice

Elentor Crits Option A for 2.00 Vote.
Grace Baiting hits Option B for 11.01 Vote.
Reclaimer hits Option C for 9.72 Vote.
the_steve hits Option D for 4.31 Vote.
PMush Perfect Crits Option E for 39.27 Vote.
Jojozinho's Desperado hits Option E for 16.27 Vote.
Talow hits Option F for 6.33 Vote.
TheParadigm's Desperado hits Option G for 9.47 Vote.
64bitrobot Crits Option E for 34.82 Vote.
hollylolly hits Option E for 12.20 Vote.
Catalina Crits Option E for 30.31 Vote.

Result: Option E wins with majority vote. (75.6%)

Grace Baiting has leveled up to Level 22! Critical Strike goes up by 1.
the_steve has leveled up to Level 12! Bad Luck Protection goes up by 1.
Elentor has leveled up to Level 2! Critical Strike goes up by 1.
Elentor has leveled up to Level 3! Vote Power goes up by 1.
Elentor has leveled up to Level 4! Critical Strike goes up by 1.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah give me a few to adapt this lol.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Genuinely :allears:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay so "a few" ended up being a lot. I promise this thing will continue. I need to power through the current hard mode level parodying, but I promise that next year we will finish the chapter called One Week.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Elentor posted:

Okay so "a few" ended up being a lot. I promise this thing will continue. I need to power through the current hard mode level parodying, but I promise that next year we will finish the chapter called One Week.

Woohoo! :five:

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Listen technically you didn't submit a number so you didn't lie...

No worries, Happy Holidays!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Looking forward to it, and good luck!!
💖🍀

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Malu: For those of you that wanna know what we're all about -
Malu: It's like this, y'all, c'mon.

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

You can hear them from here. "Okay, what the gently caress-", and all its variants. The only way out is through.

She doesn't need her name up in signs
She just wants to be heard whether it's the dirt or the lightning
She feels so unlike everybody else, alone
In spite the fact that some people still think that they know her
But gently caress'em, she knows the code, it's not about the Ayanari
It's all about reality and saving some thoughts
Restoring history, making sure this time it stays up
That means when she puts it down, Gabs pickin' it up

Who the hell is she, anyway? They say she really talks much
Never concerned with status but still leaving 'em star-struck
Humbled through opportunities given despite the fact
That many misjudge her for joining a crew with some bad rap
Put it together herself, now the picture connects
Never asking for someone's help, or to get some respec
She's only focused on who she mends, her aura is beyond reach
And now it all unfolds, her skill with the Kali

This is twenty percent skill, eighty percent beer
Be a hundred percent clear 'cause Ellen is ill
Who would've thought that she'd be the one to set the west in flames
Then I saw her wreckin' with the Crystal Lady with perfect aim

Slowly, the crowd gets used to what can only be considered an alien experience. The band behind you follows you with an improvised beat. For a moment, you feel in the zone.

"I can do this."

They call her Ellen she's sick, she's spitting fire and Gabs
Got her out from a tight spot, found her in Ant Colony with 'Mar
What a loving nihilist porcupine, she's a prick, she's a cop
The type women want to be with and men hope they have a shot
Thousand years in the makin' patiently waiting to blow
Now the Wardens of Tabletop takin' over the globe
She's got a partner in crime, her poo poo is equally dope
You won't believe the kind of poo poo that comes out of this lady's throat

Forget Gabs, nobody really knows how or why she works so hard
It seems like she's never got time
Because she thinks every possible outcome from every side
And I've seen her in combat when that light goes in her mind
It's like a design written in her head every time
Before she even touches an arrow or speaks about math
And those motherfuckers she runs with, the girls that she signed?
Ridiculous, without even trying, how do they do it?

By now your entire crowd has a mix of feelings. Confusion, admiration, confusion, more confusion, but also the respect you've been yearning for. It takes a lot of courage to do whatever the gently caress it is that you just did.

Yeah
Ela Melie
Ellen
Yasha-Mar
Yuga
Gabs

Some people cheer, some people clap. You finish by screaming "Tabletop!" before you catch Gabriela in the corner of your eye, laughing her rear end off.

You feel like you wanna bury your head somewhere. Amidst all the cheering, you think it's definitely time for a drink.

Proceed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 23, 2020

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

:bravo:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

:bravo:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Elentor posted:

Malu: For those of you that wanna know what we're all about -
Malu: It's like this, y'all, c'mon.

:five:

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

:sparkles:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Day 5 - Adrenaline / Morning

As Adrenaline, you find yourself walking between damp stone walls. Compared to the open, dry vastness above, you feel disoriented, as if you had been robbed not only of your sense of direction, but your sense of self. "What is this place?"

The tunnel goes down in an ever so slightly tilted angle. You have been walking for a while, although your sense of time too seems robbed from you.

There is a foreboding presence to this place, and the feeling of excitement that you used to crave has slowly died ever since you saw the East Vast firsthand. You want to trust this Fasuana, but the fear that the earth will be scorched by the East Vast when you go back to the surface is ever present.

But even more so, something feels off about this place. The haphazardly built barracks surrounding the entrance to these tunnels, the strange nature of this construction. The rough stones surrounding you are oppressive for reasons you do not understand. This sense of dread should not be here - even if you are the weakest member of your gang, you understand that you are still well above the average Kalista in these lands.

"This might be the most powerful gang of Kalistas in West Merian", you think to yourself. "There shouldn't be anything we encounter capable of giving us trouble."

Cheryl: The Bikers were safeguarding this place.
Cheryl: At first we thought they were just hoarding resources, but I have the strange feeling that Julier and they found something more.
Vitoria: To-to.

One-Six: I can no longer feel the signal. I assume you are not feeling the signal you tracked either?
Vitoria: To-to.

This memory is blank.
----------------------------------------------
Fasuana of the Axe: We have been walking for a while. This tunnel is slowly leading us deep into the earth, heading southeast. Am I the only one thinking we are heading towards the Scars?

Cheryl: That's been on my mind as well. If this is the case, this tunnel could go on for days. But this shouldn't be enough to warrant Julier's attention.

As if answering your questions, the darkness gives way to a small room before the tunnel continues. The change in scenery is welcome, but just as puzzling. The room, built of the same grey stones as the passageway, is small and filled with tables and chairs. A few pipes hang on the ceiling - a few appear to be ruptured.

Adrenaline: Are these air ducts? I don't see any vent around. We are pretty deep underground.

Cheryl halts for a moment, as does everyone else, following her.
Cheryl: We can breathe. We have been breathing this whole time.

"But how?"

One-Six: The air density is fine, as is the air quality. I do not sense any Kali. Or anything, really.
Cheryl: How deep do you think we are?
Fasuana of the Axe: I don't think any of us can estimate that. We might be 50 feet underground, we might be 300. It's very hard to say.

Fasuana seems irritated by this place. Vitoria has been walking around, touching the empty surfaces made of stone.
Vitoria: I don't like this. I don't like this place. The air pressure is fine too. This place must be running on magic. But everything is desert.

As your group moves along, your mind is filled with theories. "That must have been a control room of sorts". You're hopeful that the tunnel doesn't go on forever, hoping that room wasn't simply a stop gap. Scarfolks were miners and underdwellers, so they said, and while you are no expert in the subject, you do not think this passageway has anything to do with mining. The linearity of this place makes you wonder if this long tunnel was built this way to transport goods up and down, but even such notion seems ridiculous - an automated system with carts and rails would have made more sense than this dark straight corridor.

You fall back to the idea that this place is like this because this is how the scarfolk are used to do things. The technology to excavate this place in just the precise angle seems outworldly for you, whether it is assisted by magic or not. And the notion of magic being used in this place only raises more questions.

Adrenaline: Is any of you familiar with magic that could create something like this?

Fasuana of the Axe: This is certain to be a feat of engineering, not magic.
Fasuana of the Axe: The Ayanari have made far more elaborate constructions in their time. Surely you must know that, that not so? The old mages spent centuries bending the land to their will, fancying themselves great architects. They deluded themselves to the fact that their wonders would, someday, fall prey to the East Vast. At least the Scarfolk are pragmatic, if a bit too dull and boring.

Adrenaline: Yeah, but... I don't think we could build something to run for hundreds of years uninterrupted.
Adrenaline: I mean, the logistics of generating and refreshing the air in this tunnel for so long is beyond physics as I understand them. We are five engineers, there is no way you aren't disturbed by this.

Surprisingly, Vitoria agrees with you. "The Ayanari would have built a portal and called it a day. They liked excess, not inelegance."

This memory is blank.
Cheryl makes a sign for everyone to stop. Ahead of her there is a metallic door. The door has creases and dents, as if it had been smashed from the other side. Fasuana readies her axe instinctively. You hold your sword firmly, while Cheryl inspects the door.

Cheryl: It's broken. I don't see a way to open this door from here, but the lock is gone. Someone or something burst this thing. Seems to be made of steel.

She pulls the massive behemoth of a door open. You cannot imagine the thick metal slab being easily broken by anything human-made, and you figure it's not made of Iron Black to avoid reactivity. If this door has ever been enchanted, then whatever powers were held within have been long gone.

As you pass through the door you find yourself in a maze of catwalks and bridges, crossing the gap formed by the vertical tunnel. The rocky walls appear to have been excavated a long time ago and have been since deformed by the flowing water. You light up above and below but you cannot see the end of the tunnel in either direction. The vertical tunnel has a diameter of around 120 feet, and the general disposition of the catwalks imply that there were rooms or passages above and below you.

Vitoria: What the gently caress is this place?

Sitting by a corner next to the busted door you find a skeleton. Your entire group is startled by the unsightly vision, although part of you feels a relief knowing that your anxiety has finally been justified. Fasuana chuckles, nervously.

Fasuana of the Axe: How's this for foreboding and creepy? Yeah, something's hosed up in this place.

Cheryl examines the skeleton. There are no signs of flesh, or items to be found - no piece of clothing either. The bones appear unscarred and intact. Whoever this person was, they must have chosen to willingly sit and lay in this position before their inevitable death. As you extend your aura, you can feel the slightest hint of Kali imbued in the bones.

You don't feel at ease.

Adrenaline: This was a Kalista. I don't think coming here was a good idea. Yeah, no-no-no, this was not a good idea at all. There has to be a very good reason why the Bikers left this place.

Cheryl looks at you with a certain weariness in her eyes, as if she deeply regrets the thought of putting you in danger.

Cheryl: I'm inclined to agree, dear.
Vitoria: That is so, but creepy or not, this place is our closest clue to finding father.
Fasuana of the Axe: To-to.

One-Six: This looks like an abandoned facility of sorts; I think it's safe to assume it's been built by the scarfolk this many miles away from the Scars for safety reasons.
One-Six: We need to start considering this place is dangerous to us in ways we cannot control. At minimum we should expect this place to be grounds for experimental weapons. At worst, we should consider that the most obvious reason this place is buried deep underground is because -
Vitoria: Because this place is radioactive.
Vitoria: This is the only explanation for the long, sterile tunnel, that so. And this the thick door... the entire wall around of it is made of metal too. This isn't steel.

"Lead", you think to yourself. Everyone is looking at one another. In an unusual act of intimacy Fasuana pulls her daughter close and holds her. Cheryl quietly holds your hand.

One-Six: We've been blindsided thinking of the Ayanari. If this place contains bio-hazards a portal would only make it more dangerous.

There is a long silence. You feel butterflies in your stomach.

Cheryl: Are we dead?

One-Six: Well, we are not doing ourselves any favors staying here. Still, if there's a leak of some bio-hazardous substance, the busted door hasn't helped us. We spent what, an hour in that tunnel? I don't want to go any further, but we should at least walk back and close the door.

That makes sense to you. Busted door or not, you know that you're not the first ones to revisit this place, and that door was left closed for a reason.

Fasuana of the Axe: Maybe we're thinking it all wrong. Maybe this is a bunker to protect people from the East Vast, or from other weapons.

Cheryl: No, that wouldn't explain the location. That poo poo has been bothering me.
Cheryl: This is built on top of some awful, awful terrain. The military buildings seemed built out of necessity. That person could have died preventing something from coming in, but the door appeared to be busted from the inside. No, no. I'm pretty sure whatever bad deed is here comes from within the compound.

One-Six gently caress it. If we're radiation-poisoned then we are already dead. I vote we go in.

It takes but a split second to grasp the horror of this predicament. If One-Six leaves, it's just you and Cheryl - and as fine as you would be with this situation if you were safe, your odds of survival drop drastically venturing outside with only one partner.

You think back of the signal, and whether it's a call for help or not. You can't feel it anymore.

[OPTIONAL]
A) Vote to return.
X) Continue.
X2) Create a warning sign of sorts.
X3) Try to use Cheryl's predictive powers to determine the dangers.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 11, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I figure they've been in there long enough now that they'd be feeling some sort of ill effects from any radiation.
Then again, I'm not a radioactivity doctor, so maybe not.

But, like One-Six said, they're already this far in.

May as well stay down there and find something to justify the trip

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

B*) Vote to go in
*X?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

X- Retreat enough to close the door behind you. If possible, mark the outside with a biohazard symbol. Then proceed

Radiation poisoning is pretty fickle, there are some types that you have to get very close to the source to be horribly damaged, and some that simply going anywhere near the drat stuff will make you have horrible cancers 20 years down the line or something. We also don't know how old it is, which would change things.

Although my instincts are to gtfo I am happy to see the game again, so I'm willing to go on an adventure.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

X2?
Guys, we have future sensing magic powers, we should definitely use them in life or death situations!
Ask Cheryl if she senses anything about either choice. Otherwise,

^^^^^

Chaosfeather posted:

X- Retreat enough to close the door behind you. If possible, mark the outside with a biohazard symbol. Then proceed

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Vote to continue.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

This is not a place of honor Onward, good things must await!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fasuana of the Axe: You can sense the future, can you not? Can't you just predict what's gonna happen?
Cheryl: It doesn't work this way. In theory, yes, I can only sense the outcome of events triggered by a specific action. Usually that's restricted to my rifle.

Vitoria: That is a very specific and odd limitation, that not so? Your Kali is tuned to Time, not to headshots.

Cheryl: When I first awakened my Kali I could feel everything, in a way. I had this constant sense of what was about to happen just the next moment, and the next, and those echoes would be maddening. I thought I was gonna go insane.

Cheryl: But either my body, my mind or whatever got numb to it. Maybe that feeling is still there, but I can no longer detect it. I can only feel the distant echoes of a drastic action. And aiming at something and getting my finger on the trigger is easier than readying my Kali or whatever else. I can focus entirely on that one point.

Fasuana of the Axe: Ohohoho. So that's how it works for you.
Fasuana of the Axe: Oooh hoho. Even in the dreads of the vast we always find new things.
Vitoria: Well, what happens if you aim around?

Cheryl sighs. She readies her weapon.
Cheryl: Holy poo poo. I'm... I-

She opens the door, and aims, opens the door slightly more, and aims again. She doesn't seem to be aiming at anywhere specifically - in fact, her expression turns to horror even as she aims at the ground, or the ceiling.

Cheryl: This is terrifying. Wherever I shoot, an enormous sense of dread fills me.

Fasuana of the Axe: Like "we're surrounded by a reactive substance and are gonna die in an explosion" dread?
Cheryl: No, it's a - how can I say, a "long term" dread. Something is gonna happen, but not now, and it feels certain and terrible, but distant.

Vitoria: Well, the walls can't do fighting back.
One-Six: Let's not make assumptions now.

Vitoria chuckles.
Vitoria: That so.
Vitoria: Is your weapon loud?
Cheryl: Yeah.
Vitoria: So, the obvious line of reason -
Cheryl: I get it. It's the noise.

One-Six takes out a generator from their backpack. "Here, try this noisy mess. Do you think you can feel the same just from turning it on?"

Cheryl approaches the gizmo, and as soon as her hand comes close to the jumpstarter she halts.

Cheryl: Just... the idea of reaching my hand out to start it is terrorizing.
Cheryl: We should leave anything noisy behind.
Fasuana of the Axe: Is it that bad?

She tries to hide how she feels, but you know her tells. Cheryl must be extremely nervous.

Cheryl: It's the worst I've felt.

Vitoria: Something lurking in the shadows, some sleeping ancient horror. Like in tales.
Fasuana of the Axe: Oooh hohoho.
Cheryl: You don't understand. I'm serious.
Fasuana of the Axe: No, we understand.
Vitoria: It would take something terrible, most awful to withhold father.
Vitoria: If you are right, in this place there lies that.

Adrenaline: Think what you will, I'm marking this door with a big red skull.

You take a spray can. Cheryl holds your hand.
Cheryl: Better if I do, love dearest. Maybe even the paint is cursed here.

But there seems to be no such punishment. Cheryl draws a terrible skull, and you take the can back to improve on it. Upon looking at it, it feels a bit redundant.
One-Six: We could just take the skeleton to this side. No need for symbols when a dead person is right there.

Fasuana of the Axe: Hoho. So be it. We going in, to?

You take a deep breath and look into Cheryl's eyes.

Adrenaline: "To".

Proceed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fasuana of the Axe: We need to know our priorities in case combat happens, and that means we need your assessment of your strengths. How would you rank your powers?
Cheryl: I would say I'm the strongest of our group by a good margin, and Adrenaline and One-Six are fairly close. They should be stronger than the Kalistas from the south.

Fasuana of the Axe: Ooooh hohohoho. Ahh, hahahah.
Vitoria: No. Bad assessment.
Vitoria: Sniper is strong. Bejrin is far stronger.

You raise your eyebrows.
Adrenaline: It's pretty obvious you've been wanting to gently caress One-Six for a while now, but we've been together enou-

Fasuana interrupts by laughing scandalously loud, which she immediately stops once she realizes that now is the not the time for making noises. One-Six facepalms, shily.

Vitoria: I - no, that's not it. Bejrin's Kali far surpasses yours. It far surpasses ours too.
Cheryl: That makes no sense. Like Adrenaline said, we've been together for a while. We know each others' limitations.

Fasuana shakes her head.
Fasuana of the Axe: Bruj' in pos e bejrin ton o gajkal.
Cheryl: Our language.
Vitoria: Remember the day we've been memory wiped.
Vitoria: Something happened. Something that we can't remember. Do you know what happened, Bejrin?

One-Six: I had a glimpse not too long ago. In that glimpse I was someone else. Afterwards, you are right, I felt a power... or at least the potential for a power that should be there, but it wasn't.
Vitoria: I think it was, but we forgot. In which case we cannot rely on your power, we know not what it is. Maybe it even is the cause of our memory loss.

This memory is blank.

One-Six: We're alive. Does it matter?
Fasuana of the Axe: It matters if it's an infohazard.
Vitoria: Right. You should avoid fighting unless needed. What else?

Cheryl: Under typical circumstances I can't miss a shot, and I'll often hit the best spot possible. Adrenaline has Fire and Lightning magic. One-Six has Lightning and Wind magic. The three of us can mend wounds, but I assume that's off the table for now.
Fasuana of the Axe: Good, smart. Smart. Smart.
Adrenaline: How so?
Vitoria: If it's Light, Nature or Life magic, damaged cells will regrow damaged. Regeneration would only be more harmful.

"Right. Regeneration as a means of harm... have I seen that before?"

quote:

I'm vulnerable, and my bones will take months to regenerate from the damage I suffered. You want my advice? Stay clear of the underground.

Fasuana of the Axe: Healing is the fastest way to old age, Kalista. As long as we are frozen in time, we should survive whatever goes.

"When did I hear those words?"

Proceed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 11, 2021