Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Best week of the year. Won six of seven. Not bad for a trash team that shouldn't have won a single game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

How/where can we see playoff divisions, brackets, etc?

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Everyone familiar with the playoff format??

IBL Playoffs
The IBL playoffs begin on Week 13 of the NFL regular season and run to the end of Week 16.

At the end of the 12 week regular season, each IBL team will be seeded, 1 through 96, based on the final regular season individual standings. For seeding purposes, the first tiebreaker after total standings points will be total fantasy points scored; the second will be head-to-head record between any teams still tied; the third tiebreaker will be the Power Rankings provided on the myfantasyleague site.

After each team has been seeded, the teams will be divided into 4 tiers. The top 24 seeds will be placed in the Champion Tier, the next 24 in the Veterans Tier, the next 24 in the Rookie Tier and the final 24 in the Water Boy Tier.

During Weeks 13-16, each IBL team will play the other 23 teams in its tier exactly once.

During the IBL playoffs, standings are determined using the following criteria:
1. Teams in the Champion Tier will receive 3 standings points for a win, and 1.5 standings point for a tie.
2. Teams in the Veteran Tier will receive 2 standings points for a win, and 1 standings point for a tie.
3. Teams in the Rookie Tier will receive 1.5 standings point for a win, and 0.75 standings point for a tie.
4. Teams in the Water Boy Tier will receive 1 standings point for a win, and 0.5 standings point for a tie.

During the IBL playoffs, teammates from the same boards can and will play against one another, since they will be competing in the same tiers.

Weekly waivers and free agent claims will continue each week throughout the IBL playoffs, just as in the regular season.

IBL Individual Champion
For the individual team competition, the 24 teams in each tier will begin the playoffs on equal footing. Regular season records will be wiped away, and each team will start 0-0-0. The individual competition will be based solely on how teams perform during the IBL playoffs.

The IBL team in the Champion Tier that finishes with the most standings points accumulated during the playoffs will be crowned IBL Individual Champion.

In the case of a tie, the team with the better regular season record will be awarded the title. If the teams are still tied, the title will go to the team that scored the most fantasy points during the regular season. If the teams are still tied, they will be crowned Co-Champions.

The top individual finishers in the Veteran, Newbie and Water Boy Tiers will also be recognized.

IBL Team Champion
The IBL Team Champion will be determined by a combination of regular season and playoff results. For each board, the total standings points accumulated by its 12 teams during the regular season will be added to the total standings points accumulated by its 12 teams during the playoffs.

The board that collects the most total standings points over this 16-week period will be crowned IBL Team Champion.

In the case of a tie, the board with the better head to head record against the other board(s) involved in the tie will be awarded the title. If the boards are still tied, the title will go to the board that scored the most fantasy points over 17 weeks. If the boards are still tied, they will be crowned Co-Champions.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks, I didn't even know there were playoffs. Glad I started a team this week out of duty, as I am crushing. As long as Metcalf scores under 20 it looks like I'll be 6-0

Where can I see the seeding? Based on my opponents this week I think I'm not in the bottom tier but I'm not totally sure.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I think most of that is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boGVxUTujDikzvWKg7yP61z_TBI9CpDapjhkLqgazF0/edit#gid=1421811552

We didn't do great, posting the least number of people in the Champion or Veteran tiers of any team. We did finish in a 4 way tie for 3rd least people in the very bottom tier? :confuoot:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

I think most of that is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boGVxUTujDikzvWKg7yP61z_TBI9CpDapjhkLqgazF0/edit#gid=1421811552

We didn't do great, posting the least number of people in the Champion or Veteran tiers of any team. We did finish in a 4 way tie for 3rd least people in the very bottom tier? :confuoot:

Oh, so my victories may have come on the backs of people on my team? Deflation

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

I am proud to carry our torch in the Champions Tier. Let's go, fuckers!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Playing vs four SA teams this week.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

B_sketchy posted:

I am proud to carry our torch in the Champions Tier. Let's go, fuckers!

Nice!

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Crushing it. Sitting at 174 with Alshon still to play.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
7-0 last week, 0-7 this week

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

7-0 last week, 0-7 this week

Ying... yang, perfect balance.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

B_sketchy posted:

Crushing it. Sitting at 174 with Alshon still to play.

gently caress

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

As of right now, I'm tied for first in the Champion's Tier, and Ben Nevis is leading the Rookie Tier. Let's make some noise!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

B_sketchy posted:

As of right now, I'm tied for first in the Champion's Tier, and Ben Nevis is leading the Rookie Tier. Let's make some noise!

Yeah! I won out this week. Hopefully can keep up the trend.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

B_sketchy posted:

Let's make some noise!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

B_sketchy posted:

Let's make some noise!

Made some decent noise making GBS threads the bed last week

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

dkj posted:

Made some decent noise making GBS threads the bed last week

Wrong kind of noise, but it's ok!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SA avoided last place:
https://tinyurl.com/y5kdrxpb

Other results discussed here:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/mb/board_show.pl?bid=201942007

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I know that over half the boards competing in this from last year are discussing firing it up again for this year. Whoever ran the SA team last year, please check out:
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=132 and its subforums

or your priv msgs on that FS forum, and get in touch with the organizers, if SA intends to continue (please continue!). Thanks.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Don't know if anyone is up to running this but I'm game to play if needed.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

That draft was a hell of a thing. I'm in.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

Don't know if anyone is up to running this but I'm game to play if needed.

IBL is trying to start up the draft process. I don't know who's running the show for SA, but, you guys need to get involved ASAP:
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=354201

Someone here should step up as leader if last year's leader is out (unclear). Maybe ask in the main FF thread here.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

IBL is trying to start up the draft process. I don't know who's running the show for SA, but, you guys need to get involved ASAP:
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=354201

Someone here should step up as leader if last year's leader is out (unclear). Maybe ask in the main FF thread here.

Whoops sorry, I'm really swamped. I can't lead this year. Anyone else want to coordinate?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

if you guys are gonna do this you should have someone step up and post at those IBL forums ASAP

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Feels like a no. Most everyone involved loved it last year and thanks for coordinating and getting us involved. I think we are all just too busy this one particular year. I know I am overwhelmed with all the extra childcare and community outreach in addition to my regularly packed job/schedule.

We are out but would love to rejoin in 2021.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Yeah, i don't have time this or I would. If anyone wants to step up to run this, go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Same for me, too much stuff going on this year to give this even close to the attention it deserves. I guess SA's long history of placing in the bottom half will have to be put on hold