Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:burger:
This poll is closed.
:blastu: :dogcited: 46 30.07%
:freakout: :grovertoot: :freakout: 107 69.93%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

gently caress me running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Kowloon Walled lovely

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hahaha holy poo poo. Look at the railing. That tree is slowly falling over

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

there was a house near me with a tree that went straight thru the living room, we used it as a guide for directions cause everyone knew where you meant if u said "the house with the tree in it"

someone bought it and tore it down because it turns out having a tree thru ur house isn't really a great idea and now we say "where the house with the tree used to be"

anyway lol @ this house

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

super sweet best pal posted:

Load bearing termite infestation

Honestly construction threads are the life blood of modern sa

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

And back here there's a small prayer closet complete with ceiling pew, if you're ever feeling like your life has been turned upside down.

I'm honestly not sure which of these is upside down.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
There are several houses on the lake where I’m at that have deck trees. None through a loving house. Lol

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

this has to be some sort of noise2house neural net

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Our house
In the middle of the street is a tree

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The parking lots in my street are humped monstrosities due to tree roots slowly ripping the asphalt and pushing up stones. It takes a special kind of stubborn madness to precisely cut around a tree like that, if it's alive.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Burt Sexual posted:

There are several houses on the lake where I’m at that have deck trees. None through a loving house. Lol

Be careful. Deck trees are a gateway drug.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
This house is the physical embodiment of insanity.

Why can't I buy it???

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Construction goons: I need to make some floor plans to turn in to the city. Is there an app that you would recommend for Galaxy Tab A? I have to print the plans on paper that's 11x17 inches

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I would give my left fuckin nut to see what this maelstrom of impossible angles looked like fully furnished

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How the hell does this monstrosity appraise for half a million?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

super sweet best pal posted:

How the hell does this monstrosity appraise for half a million?

DC burbs prices are insane. It's not like San Francisco or New York but land isn't cheap.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I would give my left fuckin nut to see what this maelstrom of impossible angles looked like fully furnished

I think it requires the correct owner to showcase it at its best. You don't want someone who will fill it with ikea poo poo or modern minimalist crap. You want someone who will fill it with period pieces to complete that 19th century horror house aesthetic.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You want someone who will live in harmony with the house-tree.

Otherwise, you'll just need a new owner after the old one vanishes. That's what kept happening to people the original builders hired to chop it down. They didn't just decide to keep a tree in the middle of the house right away. Oh, no, they tried to get rid of it. They failed.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Do not buy it! If you do, the house will make you keep building, adding new kitchen bathrooms and sacrificial altars. The house must grow.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

The Lord Bude posted:

I think it requires the correct owner to showcase it at its best. You don't want someone who will fill it with ikea poo poo or modern minimalist crap. You want someone who will fill it with period pieces to complete that 19th century horror house aesthetic.

so bodies and shadowy figures, got it

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I think that every inch of ceiling in that house should be mirrors.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'm not suggesting anyone who uses the term 'au pair' regularly should be guillotined, just sort of thinking out loud.

SnakeParty
Oct 30, 2011
bless this terrible house

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Remove the plexiglass cover and find.....

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
at least they have ADT protection

here I assume that ADT stands for 'a dang tree'

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
It's like they walled a contractor into the bottom of a tree and he had to build his way out.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

davidspackage posted:

The parking lots in my street are humped monstrosities due to tree roots slowly ripping the asphalt and pushing up stones. It takes a special kind of stubborn madness to precisely cut around a tree like that, if it's alive.

When I was a younger, a neighboring city decided they wanted to have a tree-lined main street. But they apparently did it without the input of any kind of qualified tree person or even a long-term plan for upkeep, because a decade down the road most of the trees were dead from competition or having beheaded themselves on long-too-small tree well covers.

I'm pretty sure trees are as mystical to normal people as magnets are to ICP.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
House on the left, outside on the right...

House on the right, outside on the left...

The tree box doesn't even match the tree angle...in fact, it seems to be built exactly opposite...

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

The house has long surpassed the laws of normal geometry.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s like the whole thing is built to jersey shore building code lol. :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Necros posted:

The house has long surpassed the laws of normal geometry.

By god, Lovecraft was right

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
That is not dead which can eternal dwell. And with strange aeons even this may sell.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

The Protagonist posted:

The tree box doesn't even match the tree angle...in fact, it seems to be built exactly opposite...

It wouldn't surprise me if the tree is perfectly perpendicular to the ground and it's the house that's tilted in mind bending ways to make that possible.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

...I love you house tree

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Kazak posted:

...I love you house tree

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I'm fascinated by the fact that it was taken off the market. I hope the new owner doesn't raze it to the ground

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jay_Zombie posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the tree is perfectly perpendicular to the ground and it's the house that's tilted in mind bending ways to make that possible.

:aaaaa:

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

it's like the impossible window in mr ullman's office in the shining

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

I'm fascinated by the fact that it was taken off the market. I hope the new owner doesn't raze it to the ground

He's going to flip it, but this time literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

AFewBricksShy posted:

It's the Winchester McMansion

*ahem*

Winchester McMystery House

*audience laughs and cheers deafeningly*