Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:burger:
This poll is closed.
:blastu: :dogcited: 46 30.07%
:freakout: :grovertoot: :freakout: 107 69.93%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

Someone said that its the kinda place you'd want to rent for a weekend

poo poo rent it out for a month and bring a band.

Stories from Rig Stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
didnt read the thread yet, i will, but how is blastu vs dog not winning the poll what the gently caress

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

:confused:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I would have put a toilet in the hole at least, like seriously.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's like every room in the house was converted from a garage

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This thread makes me really want to post pics of the house in my town that’s built out of nothing but sheet metal and Trump signs.

I don’t have any pics of it now because I’m scared the owner might try to shoot me, but I bet I could get some.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I watched Lowtax explore this house in Phantasmagoria.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

It's almost like somebody started with just a treehouse they were proud of and then thought "if I just added some plumbing and wiring and built up the foundation I could actually live here" and then just went with it, adding a new room every summer. Maybe they called contractors in the area saying "hey next time you replace some windows/cabinets, just leave the old ones by my place, I'll put them to use".

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A proud graduate of The Wayside School of Architecture

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

The madness never ends

JohnLovely
Aug 15, 2017

by Athanatos
Grimey Drawer
every picture starts out normal for a few seconds until I piece together what I'm looking at and then i let out a tiny scream

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

So I was going to stay away but figured, eh, what could it hurt to have a quick peek and WHAT THE gently caress

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

So I was going to stay away but figured, eh, what could it hurt to have a quick peek and WHAT THE gently caress

I've never done on of those 'escape room experience' things that are in malls or whatever, but that's the sort of image that would make me tunnel through the ceiling with my teeth.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

ok, this is the photo that pushed me over the edge, I'm tapping out of this thread now

The worrisome part of this picture is the bulge in both the roof and door frame that basically guarantee someone will eventually be entombed in the trapezoidal sink room sooner or later. Just as Moloch demands.

Edit:

quote:

Heating: Baseboard, stove
Heating: Oil, Electric

Structure type: Contemporary

:psyduck:

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 31, 2019

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Holy poo poo look at the listing history. It’s just as insane as the house itself.

Edit again: ahaha it has a HOA. How the hell does that work?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 31, 2019

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I say this completely sincerely, this house fuckin rules. I'd have so much fun staying there. You could slide down a tree to ground level yelling yabba dabba do!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Giant_Pupils posted:

Holy poo poo look at the listing history. It’s just as insane as the house itself.

Edit again: ahaha it has a HOA. How the hell does that work?

It consumed the neighborhood and is the HOA now

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

autism ZX spectrum posted:

It consumed the neighborhood and is the HOA now

EACH HOUSE MUST DISPLAY AT LEAST TWO NON-EUCLIDEAN FEATURES UNDER PENALTY OF CONSUMPTION BY THE ELDER GODS.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

buglord posted:

its a tree. somewhere in the 104 pictures on that link, there's a tree going through the house. if you look carefully you can see some leaves.

What if I have a dryad over, and she needs to freshen up?

She can't do that in your bathroom, but she can do it in this one.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

My brain has been stuck trying to decipher this one image for at least a day because the brick wall continues beyond the nightmare nook and I must know what the rest of the brick room looks like.

I would also love to know why they’d arbitrarily panel a random vanity but really, that just goes on the larger list of why anything in this house.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Where are you guys pulling these photos from? The linked listing doesn’t have any?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Where are you guys pulling these photos from? The linked listing doesn’t have any?

I think the lister removed them some time yesterday.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Just Google the address and some of the realty websites still have the full series

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

General Dog posted:

I think the lister removed them some time yesterday.

was this an "oh poo poo" moment or did they get an offer?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant_Pupils posted:

EACH HOUSE MUST DISPLAY AT LEAST TWO NON-EUCLIDEAN FEATURES UNDER PENALTY OF CONSUMPTION BY THE ELDER GODS.

*ding dong*

Hey man, I'm your neighbor, and uh, I kinda think your house is... sorta, I wanna say encroaching, on my property? Like, by at least three feet over the past weekend.

In fact uh, I wasn't gonna say nothing, but uh, I'm pretty sure we weren't neigbors yet last year. Like, there used to be a house between us.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

If you were to take lsd in this.. house? I'm fairly certain the dimensions and insanity would act like a counterforce and you'd be left sober and sore.

e: Not sure how it fits but suddenly the lyrics of Sanitarium by Metallica started to play in my brain.

Horrorosaurus fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 31, 2019

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Looks like somebody bought it.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Oh maybe not, it’s showing off market though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
someone saw the listing and thought 'holy poo poo, it's exactly the house from all those weird dreams i've been having'

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mozi posted:

someone saw the listing and thought 'holy poo poo, it's exactly the house from all those weird dreams i've been having'

well im glad im not the only one

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019
So besides all the obvious visual comedy this provides, if you look at the zillow page, it shows the sales/tax history of the property. It's got a pretty dumb/whacky history

First purchase recorded was 1999, sold for $215k, which seems maybe a little low for the time/place, but given how stupid the house it, maybe. Then the guy went to sell it in 2011 for $549k, which for a normal house there would probably have sold pretty quickly.

Well, 7 years, 24 price changes, and 11 real estate agents later, it was sold for $305k. That was 1/2018.

Now a short 17 months later, he's trying to sell it for $529k, or about 60% appreciation in price. Surely he's spent those 17 months dramatically improving the property, right?

Grover could post :smugdog: to this and not be entirely wrong for once

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Jay_Zombie posted:

This reminds me of a house I looked at about a decade ago when I was home hunting. The house in question was all one-ish level but it was obvious that the previous owner had done just a fuckton of additions, probably mostly themselves, without actually planning anything out. From the front, it looked like a regular old three bed one bath rancher. But when you went inside, there was just layer upon layer of rooms stretching back to the rear of the property. You'd open a closet thinking you'd see a place to put clothes. Nope, a bedroom. Skinny door that must lead to the utility room? Nope. Utilities are walled off and the remaining space makes a 2.5 ft wide hallway to an 8x8 room. What's this weird 4ft high arch lead to? A Room. Oh hey a second bathroom was added.... with no way to get to the rooms beyond it other than walking through the bathroom. And so on, and so on. There were more than a dozen extra rooms added onto the back of that house, all different sizes, some odd shapes, and none that were even close to being square.

And every room was painted a different obnoxious color, bright green, neon pink, day glow orange, magenta, etc. Not one set of adjoining rooms were level with each other, so every threshold was accompanied by a step or two up or down, and the steps were never the same height room to room, or even in a single room. This room has two big steps, that one a small step and a tall one.

I'm fairly certain that house was either occupied by a cult, or some dude who just added a room all willy-nilly, where ever he could fit one, every he knocked up his old lady. (It seemed that most of the rooms were intended for kids judging by the stuff left behind.)

I wish I had taken pictures. It was unreal. Nowhere near The House That GBS Built level unreal, but definitely in the same neighborhood.

I think this is the house described in Edgar Allen Poe's "Masque of the Red Death."

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I also once viewed a real estate agent's YouTube tour of the most marvelous, hosed up homebrewed house that would blow y'alls minds, but I can't find it yet .........

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Kowloon Walled House

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

lmao

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

super sweet best pal posted:

The Kowloon Walled House

The Kowlgoon Walled Treehouse

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Kazak posted:

Just Google the address and some of the realty websites still have the full series

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11621-Purse-Dr_Manassas_VA_20112_M59014-44384#photo2

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

And back here there's a small prayer closet complete with ceiling pew, if you're ever feeling like your life has been turned upside down.