Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Ok I KNOW there was a Lonely Island sketch where they’re on a stakeout with and one of them jokingly suggests “heh, what are we gonna do, suck each other’s dicks?” and then it happens over and over. Very fake moustaches. It ends with them chasing a perp as their pants are unzipped and falling down. Could be wrong about it being Lonely Island but I recall it being Jorma and Andy

I combed the “itt we’re on a stakeout” thread and didn’t see it posted

B.P.D? I could only find a private video so had to go through the internet archive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Zathril posted:

B.P.D? I could only find a private video so had to go through the internet archive.

lmao thank you so much

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

This only very loosely applies bc I think I first saw it fairly recently, but at some point on these forums someone posted a long post of the Iliad but written like a rap battle or a dis track and I can’t find it for the life of me. Can anyone please advise

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

mareep posted:

This only very loosely applies bc I think I first saw it fairly recently, but at some point on these forums someone posted a long post of the Iliad but written like a rap battle or a dis track and I can’t find it for the life of me. Can anyone please advise

Posting on mobile so I can't be sure I'm not mangling something, but was it this post from "return of the ultimate hustler"? As a heads up, it is a FYAD thread from 2007.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Paper Tiger posted:

Posting on mobile so I can't be sure I'm not mangling something, but was it this post from "return of the ultimate hustler"? As a heads up, it is a FYAD thread from 2007.

drat

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Paper Tiger posted:

Yes this was it lmao thank you!

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
A short film (IIRC black and white, and Soviet, maybe Russian) about the Great Terror.

The protagonist is trying to show that the accusations against people are false, even absurd, but Soviet bureaucracy and alarmism are making it very difficult. At the end he eventually succeeds in getting across that the "proof" is all ridiculous. However, the seemingly hopeful public revelation that people are making absurd charges and getting people killed is twisted in the end: the people making the charges are making a mockery of the Soviet legal system and thus undermining the state, and so more purges are required.

It's not long, but it was quite compelling.

Xotl fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 12, 2024

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
A clip from the beginning of a European movie, shot in black and white but I got the feeling it was shot sometime post 1990. The camera follows a man on a scooter through a southern European city, upbeat music plays, some sort of salsa or mambo song. I've been looking for this for ages. For some reason I thing the song might have been about zombies. I think it was the title sequence of a film.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

yaffle posted:

A clip from the beginning of a European movie, shot in black and white but I got the feeling it was shot sometime post 1990. The camera follows a man on a scooter through a southern European city, upbeat music plays, some sort of salsa or mambo song. I've been looking for this for ages. For some reason I thing the song might have been about zombies. I think it was the title sequence of a film.

No idea on the clip but if the song was one of the hundred or so versions of "Zombie Jamboree" that might help you track it down. Originally by Lord Intruder, the most well-known cover might be the one by Harry Belafonte.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUsyKEISnig

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Lemniscate Blue posted:

No idea on the clip but if the song was one of the hundred or so versions of "Zombie Jamboree" that might help you track it down. Originally by Lord Intruder, the most well-known cover might be the one by Harry Belafonte.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUsyKEISnig

It's not zombie jamboree, I should have mentioned that the singer was a woman.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Weirdly enough Spike Lee's 1990 PBS special Do It Acapella starts out with a cover of Zombie Jamboree but is otherwise completely off the mark as far as this white whale is concerned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UZZpkRwnNQ

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Sounds like I was pretty off the mark anyway. Oh well.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Xotl posted:

A short film (IIRC black and white, and Soviet, maybe Russian) about the Great Terror.

The protagonist is trying to show that the accusations against people are false, even absurd, but Soviet bureaucracy and alarmism are making it very difficult. At the end he eventually succeeds in getting across that the "proof" is all ridiculous. However, the seemingly hopeful public revelation that people are making absurd charges and getting people killed is twisted in the end: the people making the charges are making a mockery of the Soviet legal system and thus undermining the state, and so more purges are required.

It's not long, but it was quite compelling.

Zashchitnik Sedov?

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Yes, that's it! I'll never forget that end scene. Thank you very much!

Now to find a place where I can buy a decent-quality copy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
a fake comic book cover that looked like an old '50s horror comic, featuring a man saying to a woman for some reason "sometimes these things just happen, and we have no control over them!"

I think he's like, married to another woman and that's how he's explaining it to his wife? the phrase itself is fantastic but I have zero idea where I got it from except this vague half-formed memory

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

a fake comic book cover that looked like an old '50s horror comic, featuring a man saying to a woman for some reason "sometimes these things just happen, and we have no control over them!"

I think he's like, married to another woman and that's how he's explaining it to his wife? the phrase itself is fantastic but I have zero idea where I got it from except this vague half-formed memory

Is it this one?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zathril posted:

Is it this one?

oh my god yes it is

is this a real comic?!

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh my god yes it is

is this a real comic?!

Yeah, looks like it was a real comic series from the 50s.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Imagine the light switch raves

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Not the same issue, but if you're interested in the romance titles from the 50s, DC released a facsimile edition of Young Romance #125 last month. Facsimile comics are a recent trend of reprints that keep all the old adds and what not in the issue. Only difference is the price and the company logo usually. Oh and the size format. Stuff from the 50s (golden age) was wider than silver age from the 60s and the current stuff after 1974.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zathril posted:

Is it this one?

The quote reminds me of something I quote frequently, but I no longer remember what it’s from.

It’s someone replying, emphatically, “SOMETIMES THINGS JUST HAPPEN, OK?” as an exceptionally poor excuse. I’m pretty sure it was a TV show or movie…which probably doesn’t narrow it down. There’s a part of me that wonders if it was a Flash animation?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

ZombieCrew posted:

Not the same issue, but if you're interested in the romance titles from the 50s, DC released a facsimile edition of Young Romance #125 last month. Facsimile comics are a recent trend of reprints that keep all the old adds and what not in the issue. Only difference is the price and the company logo usually. Oh and the size format. Stuff from the 50s (golden age) was wider than silver age from the 60s and the current stuff after 1974.
Also if you like this style of comic and also want a surrealistic mindfuck, read Monica by Daniel Clowes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neon Noodle posted:

if you like mindfuck, read Daniel Clowes

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Man, I feel bad, I keep coming to this thread asking for help finding clothes, I feel like I'm both really picky and also really bad at finding clothes online. But, y'know, I clearly don't feel 'that' bad about it because here I am again.

I'm trying to find these: https://www.goat.com/en-gb/sneakers/skate-sk8-hi-glow-skulls-vn0a5fcc5qw but in the UK, in a size 10 UK. (11 US).

I've only found them in one place, https://shoprockstar.com/vans-skate-sk8-hi-glow-skulls/ (Admittedly 11.5 US, which is also fine) for a decent price, but alas and alack, it's £200 shipping, which... y'know. Nope.

Even if this is a no go, and these are like, just unavailable, does anyone know of a good place to find, like, shoes that you know exist but aren't currently on sale? I find a lot of the time there will be a particular pair of say, DCs that I know exist and came out not too long ago, (e.g. Ken Block Versaflex Neon Edition) but aren't on their website now, and it feels like, that's it, they just vanish off the face of the earth. I can't imagine it's the case that every single pair sells up everywhere, and I get that for a lot of them they're just going to be sitting on the shelf of some 'MOM AND POP' (Mum and Dad?) store with no web presence for years and years. But, all the same, is there some place that people in the know go?

Thanks for any hints and tips.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 15, 2024

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Just get the 11.5 on goat. I couldnt find 11s anywhere. Ive used StockX.com for shoes as well, but the prices for this one are too high on there. Goat 11.5 should be around 100 pounds with shipping.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I found one place that seems to have them in the right size, though I am unsure about the shipping fee.
https://www.billioncreation.com/product/vans-skate-sk8-hi-glow-skulls-shoe-black-green/

Another I found, but I think their one remaining pair is US size 10.
https://shop.ccs.com/products/vans-skate-sk8-hi-shoes-glow-skulls-black-green-black

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
oh, does anybody have the web comic where Troi asks Riker if he likes her new dress and he tells an obvious lie and says yes, but then she uses her empath powers and runs off crying? at least one or two goons have the Riker art as an avatar and I havent been able to reverse image search it or source it

brodie0
Jul 28, 2008

wizard2 posted:

oh, does anybody have the web comic where Troi asks Riker if he likes her new dress and he tells an obvious lie and says yes, but then she uses her empath powers and runs off crying? at least one or two goons have the Riker art as an avatar and I havent been able to reverse image search it or source it

Is this it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrekmemes/comments/160x4qm/the_lost_episode/

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
it is, thanks!

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

yaffle posted:

sounds kind of like the opening to Sean of the Dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCso753oVfw

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I found one place that seems to have them in the right size, though I am unsure about the shipping fee.
https://www.billioncreation.com/product/vans-skate-sk8-hi-glow-skulls-shoe-black-green/

Another I found, but I think their one remaining pair is US size 10.
https://shop.ccs.com/products/vans-skate-sk8-hi-shoes-glow-skulls-black-green-black

Thanks, one of these wouldn't ship to uk and the other was $200 shipping, but thank you so much for the effort!

What I ended up doing was finding the style code and doing a google search for that which led me to Flightclub.com, which I only call out, because it seems to have a really great selection, 'seems' to be legit, and didn't show up in any of my searches. (Or apparently you's guys's). So might be the kind of place I described, like a go-to for hard to find shoes. I mean, maybe not, I'll let you know if I get a lump of coal in a box, but, y'know.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
E: oops

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

When Syd Barrett (of Pink Floyd) died in 2006, a thread was made in GBS about him. One goon (homersays) who hasn't posted since 2007, posted a candid photo of Syd in a store reading a magazine. The link to the photo is dead, and I once was trying to find that photo for the hell of it. No luck at archive.org

Link to photo

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

When Syd Barrett (of Pink Floyd) died in 2006, a thread was made in GBS about him. One goon (homersays) who hasn't posted since 2007, posted a candid photo of Syd in a store reading a magazine. The link to the photo is dead, and I once was trying to find that photo for the hell of it. No luck at archive.org

Link to photo

?

Though it's not real according to the site it's on.

Zathril fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 25, 2024

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That's either it or a shot from the same day in that store. Thanks!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I return with something I forgot I was actually looking for until I realized I had never found the answer. Another mystery from my high school iPod!

So, back in 2008-2009 I downloaded a simfile (Stepmania note chart, basically) from FlashFlashRevolution. It was labeled as a Daft Punk song, called "High Tech". Even in high school I could tell this absolutely wasn't a Daft Punk song, not least of which because I was a massive fan of the band and had all their albums. I stuck it on my iPod nonetheless, and it stayed with me through various backups all the way to the modern day, where I'm once again backing up my iPod library. I ran an audio match, and it claims that it's a song by "Sova Juvy" called "Planet Funk"...but the album it claims to be from is from 2021. There's even a comment on the YouTube video for that song of someone asking who the real creator is, with a comment suggesting FJ Fistfunk. There's another match earlier on in the song from someone who is a Soundcloud artist with five followers (Luca Bossez - Space Techno OGs) and I don't think it's that either, but I can't find evidence of that song to compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiC2xR8Et5c

So, I uploaded it and I give it to this thread. What is the reality behind this mystery song? And yes, I checked the file details, and it's just labeled as "High Tech" by "Daft Punk".

mr_mojo
Mar 12, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I return with something I forgot I was actually looking for until I realized I had never found the answer. Another mystery from my high school iPod!

So, back in 2008-2009 I downloaded a simfile (Stepmania note chart, basically) from FlashFlashRevolution. It was labeled as a Daft Punk song, called "High Tech". Even in high school I could tell this absolutely wasn't a Daft Punk song, not least of which because I was a massive fan of the band and had all their albums. I stuck it on my iPod nonetheless, and it stayed with me through various backups all the way to the modern day, where I'm once again backing up my iPod library. I ran an audio match, and it claims that it's a song by "Sova Juvy" called "Planet Funk"...but the album it claims to be from is from 2021. There's even a comment on the YouTube video for that song of someone asking who the real creator is, with a comment suggesting FJ Fistfunk. There's another match earlier on in the song from someone who is a Soundcloud artist with five followers (Luca Bossez - Space Techno OGs) and I don't think it's that either, but I can't find evidence of that song to compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiC2xR8Et5c

So, I uploaded it and I give it to this thread. What is the reality behind this mystery song? And yes, I checked the file details, and it's just labeled as "High Tech" by "Daft Punk".

Last track on here:
https://archive.org/details/2000-discovery-beta-version/2000+-+Discovery+

A probable hoax daft punk album. Doesn't fully answer the question, but searching Space Techno Orgys brings up some more yt vids. Most say it's a hoax, but a few swear it's real.
The archive site names Dj fistfunk as one of the artists. Someone in a comment says its by a band called Planet Funk.

It's all as clear as mud.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

So I'm looking for a song that I can't find. It's a rock song, probably mid or maybe late 00s. Looked in various lyrics databases and can't find anything like it..

The only parts of the lyrics I recall is something akin to "And maybe you're just another waste, just another waste of time" (the general idea is that there's a girl. and she might be a waste of time). I believe it was the chorus.

Slight chance it was one of those songs that came pre-loaded on old MP3 players or one of those first phones that could play music.

To give you an idea of what it sounded like, I looked at Riddlin' Kids, Rooney and Rock Kills Kid. I think it might be more pop than those though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kiminewt posted:

So I'm looking for a song that I can't find. It's a rock song, probably mid or maybe late 00s. Looked in various lyrics databases and can't find anything like it..

The only parts of the lyrics I recall is something akin to "And maybe you're just another waste, just another waste of time" (the general idea is that there's a girl. and she might be a waste of time). I believe it was the chorus.

Slight chance it was one of those songs that came pre-loaded on old MP3 players or one of those first phones that could play music.

To give you an idea of what it sounded like, I looked at Riddlin' Kids, Rooney and Rock Kills Kid. I think it might be more pop than those though.

Probably this https://youtu.be/aovJxUQ0rv8?si=4jNdpT_rqNy3ghL6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Nope :(