Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't see a duck.

Quack Quack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, I got another one. I’m trying to remember this series of ‘video art’ that from the mid nineties. It was this woman filming herself with this black and white digital video camera made for kids. It may have been late ‘90’s, I don’t think digital video would’ve been cheap enough for a kids’ toy until at least then. They were really short and grainy, and I think it was just her moping around her apartment, maybe something about suicide. I don’t really remember I just remember them being pretty haunting. Ring any bells for anyone?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey, I got another one. I’m trying to remember this series of ‘video art’ that from the mid nineties.

Something by Sadie Benning?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Benning

Looked up the Fisher-Price camcorder on wikipedia, and looked through ”Productions” for matches. It shot bw video on regular audio cassettes.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hirayuki posted:

Sorry it took so long--I finally got a picture of the canal scene from that First 1000 Words in Spanish book. Imgur was choking on the file, so I put it on Postimage instead.

Does that jibe with your memories? There's a dog not too far from the long boat on the canal, hanging out with some cows, but it's too small to make out if it's spotted or anything. (The duck is way up in the nearest tree.)

Wow wow this isn't it but it's a memory I forgot I had! It is so kind of you to post this, thank you.

In my brain, if we were standing on that bridge sluice and looking at that canal boat exactly where it is, that's the perspective of the canal boat illustration. And I swear the dog in question is looking over the side of the boat.

huh fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 20, 2021

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

...but like the Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (sans "II") prints and...

No one asked but in case anyone's interested, after many years evidence that this actually exists finally turned up on eBay of all places:

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 19, 2021

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

Something by Sadie Benning?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Benning

Looked up the Fisher-Price camcorder on wikipedia, and looked through ”Productions” for matches. It shot bw video on regular audio cassettes.

That’s it! Thank you. I had no idea they were non-binary, sorry if anyone took offense. Also they were in Le Tigre!

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

No one asked but in case anyone's interested, after many years evidence that this actually exists finally turned up on eBay of all places:

You beat me to the answer, but I was going to ask! I've often wondered if that non-II title screen ever really existed, and this is really exciting. (Looks like a 35mm anamorphic frame. What's the actual item for sale/do you have a link?)

Those early releases, apparently with some wiggle room before general release, are really something. I know someone who went to a premiere of Wrath of Khan in 1982 (midwest, had to drive into the city) and swears up and down that there was a big music sting accompanying Scotty's arrival on the bridge cradling Peter Preston. The score as originally recorded does have that (for the next shot, actually, of the wounded Enterprise dead in space), and it's on both 1982 and expanded-decades-later soundtrack albums, with the notes for the latter even indicating that the decision to remove it was a late one although not specifying just when it was taken out. I'd love to know some day if an early release version seen by the public had that or what. Oddly, this same guy never mentioned the II in the title, but I never asked.

Since we're on the subject, if it's anyone's own white whale (as it was for me for a while), here's a pretty good (albeit 25 fps) copy of the international prologue to IV, though sadly for the other whale hunter* it still has the normal, non-inverted title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3yD8bE2fA (*I'm greatly amused by the connection between figurative and literal whales, though in Star Trek it's humpbacks, of course, not sperm.)

Getting even the audio from the original mix of Empire Strikes Back would be amazing, too; even on the Despecialized Edition with its dozens of mixes, the omission of that one and its fancy extra lines saddens me.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Harvey TWH posted:

You beat me to the answer, but I was going to ask! I've often wondered if that non-II title screen ever really existed, and this is really exciting. (Looks like a 35mm anamorphic frame. What's the actual item for sale/do you have a link?)
Good to know I'm not the only weirdo intersted in "same movie just slightly different title!" The ebay listing for the 35mm reels is expired, this was already a few years ago, but I've seen enough contemporaneous corroboration I'm sure it isn't a fake. I got the image from https://forum.fanres.com/thread-2395-page-2.html

All this time I'd always assumed people had just remembered wrong! It does give hope to anyone who's ever sweared that they saw some oddly different version of a movie that before.

Harvey TWH posted:

Since we're on the subject, if it's anyone's own white whale (as it was for me for a while), here's a pretty good (albeit 25 fps) copy of the international prologue to IV, though sadly for the other whale hunter* it still has the normal, non-inverted title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3yD8bE2fA (*I'm greatly amused by the connection between figurative and literal whales, though in Star Trek it's humpbacks, of course, not sperm.)
Haha, that's the one I mentioned where they inserted the alternate beginning but neglected to remove the second Paramount logo!

Well, I guess there's no shame in asking, if there's any goons out there that happen to have this particular PAL tape and a VCR hanging around the house somewhere, could you do some complete strangers on the internet a favor and put it on and take a picture of the title screen? If it's on any video release it's this one!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Harvey TWH posted:

Getting even the audio from the original mix of Empire Strikes Back would be amazing, too; even on the Despecialized Edition with its dozens of mixes, the omission of that one and its fancy extra lines saddens me.

What's most frustrating about the 70mm cut (if that's the one you're talking about) is that we're still not even 100% sure what all is different about it since it's been so long since anyone's seen it. It was never announced to the public that the movie had changes so no one even knew to look out for any.

The Digital Bits recently brought a group of folks together to jog their memories and try to get as clear a picture of the 70mm Empire Strikes Back as they could. https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/history-legacy-showmanship/empire-at-40-remembering-the-early-70mm-cut

Adding to the confusion is that there were apparently a few prints that mistakenly went out with unfinished effects shots, so there might be some overlap between "things that were officially changed" and "things that were just an accident." https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/the-empire-strikes-back-visual-effects-unfinished-70mm/

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Dr. Quarex posted:

I will take Salvanis at his word because that would seem pretty obvious to just go see someone else had solved it and act like nobody was going to notice

Regardless yes, Erebus and Salvanis are clearly my heroes of the dayyyYyYy

Bonus actual video version of the song from this absolutely crazy man I need to further investigate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeV57bbgJq8

Edit: Yep this guy live onstage is 100% what I imagined/hoped/dreamed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJaZTkGKDX0&t=392s

I was catching up on the thread, and I just wanna say I'm happy for you that you found this because this tune owns!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I was catching up on the thread, and I just wanna say I'm happy for you that you found this because this tune owns!
Thanks!!! Once I finally found my tape of the song, and especially once I listened to it with the name and context, it brought back some hilarious (obviously paraphrased) memories of me returning the CD to said friend and explaining what I had done.

🥰 "I loved that last song!"
:toot: "Haha, KINGS! Of course you loved the weirdest song that doesn't fit on the compilation at all."
🥰 "I made a tape of it."
:confuoot: "What, just that one song?"
🥰 "Yes."
:confuoot: "Sounds like something someone who likes a song like that would do."

Man I thought I was so angsty and angry back then. My taste in music has always given the game away I think.

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

Good to know I'm not the only weirdo intersted in "same movie just slightly different title!" The ebay listing for the 35mm reels is expired, this was already a few years ago, but I've seen enough contemporaneous corroboration I'm sure it isn't a fake. I got the image from https://forum.fanres.com/thread-2395-page-2.html

Haha, that's the one I mentioned where they inserted the alternate beginning but neglected to remove the second Paramount logo!

Ah, gotcha. (And now I've learned from that post that apparently just the 2009 Blu-ray... digitally cleaned a smudge off a step?! How bizarre.) The strange thing to me, and the reason I tended to doubt the claim of the missing "II", is that even the trailers refer to it with the numeral.

I'm OK with the second Paramount logo here, in general because I like additions to be just that, additions, not replacing an existing part, but specifically because the logo appears in IV after the Challenger dedication, so to remove it for redundancy really would be cutting into the film. I never saw a non-US print myself, though; how was that version presented theatrically?

By the way, all this talk of II, IV, etc., along with knowing what I want to mention below, is reminding me of the addition of numbers to the packaging of the Next Generation movies. Since 2009 I guess, when the new wave of Blu-rays and DVD rereleases began, they seem to be getting VII to X designations on the boxes (not the films themselves, whew!), as if they're part of the official titles, not just a helpful spine designation like British Disney movie numbers. I guess it's useful and no harm done, though. Not being as familiar with them as I am with the first 6, I do tend to have trouble keeping the order straight anyway, although I did recently hit on a partial mnemonic, "GFCI" (as in a power outlet) for the first three (and then N left over), so I'm all set now.

What's most frustrating about the 70mm cut (if that's the one you're talking about) is that we're still not even 100% sure what all is different about it since it's been so long since anyone's seen it. It was never announced to the public that the movie had changes so no one even knew to look out for any.

The Digital Bits recently brought a group of folks together to jog their memories and try to get as clear a picture of the 70mm Empire Strikes Back as they could. https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/history-legacy-showmanship/empire-at-40-remembering-the-early-70mm-cut

Adding to the confusion is that there were apparently a few prints that mistakenly went out with unfinished effects shots, so there might be some overlap between "things that were officially changed" and "things that were just an accident." https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/the-empire-strikes-back-visual-effects-unfinished-70mm/

That is the one I'm talking about. That makes sense, since I've seen lists of changes but they're not always very precise.

I learned something from my recent viewing of extras on the Star Trek Generations ("VII") disc, because there was a discussion of running late with special effects shots at ILM, and talk drifted to similar events on ESB. Apparently in 1980 they really did have to send out premiere prints with effects shots that were not satisfactory, finish them up, and then swap them in soon after release. Not ideal but... understandable, I guess. That may be either a new category or a replacement to the "accident" one: stuff that was changed because it was just late. (Compare also tweaks, edits, etc. in the original stereo and mono mixes for Star Wars '77, which may have been more on the reactive side.)

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Harvey TWH posted:

I'm OK with the second Paramount logo here, in general because I like additions to be just that, additions, not replacing an existing part, but specifically because the logo appears in IV after the Challenger dedication, so to remove it for redundancy really would be cutting into the film. I never saw a non-US print myself, though; how was that version presented theatrically?

I presume it went Dedication > Paramount > Prologue > Main Titles but then of course I've never seen if myself.

I've run across an old post that claims the opening credits used the film's marketing logo as seen below--complete with the probe's volleyball-like extension in place of the "o" !!

:stare: That's.... something I'll have to see with my own eyes before I can believe it.

Harvey TWH posted:

Since 2009 I guess, when the new wave of Blu-rays and DVD rereleases began, they seem to be getting VII to X designations on the boxes (not the films themselves, whew!), as if they're part of the official titles, not just a helpful spine designation like British Disney movie numbers.

Yep just like for years they'd slap "INDIANA JONES" on boxes of Raiders of the Lost Ark, which I believe was mostly to ensure all the series titles would be placed together on a shelf more than it was a serious attempt at renaming the movie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Crossposting from the Sci-fi Wifi, this is less a "white whale" than an annoying itch I can't scratch:

From what I hear all the current international home video versions of Star Trek IV are the American cut with the international prologue tacked on at the beginning (I hear in some cases they ended up leaving in a second "Paramount" logo).

LOOKING FOR THIS??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-geS_dS0nk

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

omg

:vince: :vince: :vince:

I was wrong-- I'm seeing it and I STILL don't believe it.

That is so much more amazing than I had EVER imagined!

We must petition this title screen to be restored in glorious 4K!

It says it was just uploaded the other day - did you or some other friendly goon do this in response to my post? Either way, sincerely: thank you.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I don't find any of this star trek video minutiae talk particularly interesting but somehow it is enthralling. And my favourite white whale to witness found.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

omg

:vince: :vince: :vince:

I was wrong-- I'm seeing it and I STILL don't believe it.

That is so much more amazing than I had EVER imagined!

We must petition this title screen to be restored in glorious 4K!

It says it was just uploaded the other day - did you or some other friendly goon do this in response to my post? Either way, sincerely: thank you.

Nah, I saw your posts and just entered a few things into youtube, hoping to get lucky (Though I rarely am!) I think I entered something like "The Voyage Home PAL VHS" and that Australian result popped up a few videos down.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Davros1 posted:

Nah, I saw your posts and just entered a few things into youtube, hoping to get lucky (Though I rarely am!) I think I entered something like "The Voyage Home PAL VHS" and that Australian result popped up a few videos down.

Gawrsh I must've just given up too soon then (or perhaps I'd been too focused searching for UK tapes).

huh posted:

I don't find any of this star trek video minutiae talk particularly interesting but somehow it is enthralling. And my favourite white whale to witness found.

I'm trying to think of an analogy for something that just completely blows past all expectations and all I can think of is "it's like expecting the Excelsior and getting the Enterprise-A" which may or may not be helpful.

But I'm glad we could make the search for a highly specific geeky nonsense an entertaining read!

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?
Well, that's quite a video, and this one truly an answer to a question I was never going to ask. Also an answer to one I have held on to: note that this one contains a special 75th-anniversary Paramount logo, and all the "The Voyage Home: Star Trek IV" material refers to the year 1987, when it's a 1986 movie. I had read vague notes that some original versions went out with a 75th-anniversary logo, but in decades of home video and one 35mm print I was able to see a few years ago it was never anything but normal. Paramount dates back to 1912, as I finally looked up, so perhaps it's only regions where the movie was released in 1987 that got that!

Yep just like for years they'd slap "INDIANA JONES" on boxes of Raiders of the Lost Ark, which I believe was mostly to ensure all the series titles would be placed together on a shelf more than it was a serious attempt at renaming the movie.

I thought of that too. That also only changes on the printed material, correct, never in the movie itself? (And on that note: has the reported original Last Crusade line about the finest Jewish families in Germany, or whatever, ever turned up?) In fact, the alternate title even made a minor wave on Jeopardy last June (https://j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6682), when a contestant gave the longer box title and was ruled incorrect, then given credit after the judges realized she wasn't really to blame.

Davros1 posted:

That video also has an upload date of 5 days ago. Whoever did it, 2 days before the seed (the... space seed?) popped up in this thread, has an amazing prescient sense of timing.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There is a photoshop of George from Seinfeld holding Soul Edge while making this face

on a transparent background.

Does anyone have it? I wanna make an avatar out of it.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Looking up one white whale just leads to another: turns out UCLA has been quietly keeping a Star Trek II workprint this entire time.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TrapperSeanMD/status/1313894842439614465

Word is it's got nearly everything we'd heard about pver the years or had only seen little bits and pieces of leaked here and there: Romulan Saavik, Khan's child (!!), Sulu's promotion to Excelsior, Kirk not knowing he ever had a son, Marla McGivers referenced directly by name, etc. Sounds like a treasure trove!

The listing for it is at the link. Apparently anyone can watch it on site but they won't let it leave the building. https://cinema.library.ucla.edu/vwebv/holdingsInfo?bibId=117617

Harvey TWH posted:

Re: Raiders
I thought of that too. That also only changes on the printed material, correct, never in the movie itself?

Correct, never in the film. In fact the DVD I have even still refers to it as "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the back of the box, it's truly just a labeling thing.

Speaking of which, they just recently reissued the movie on a standalone bluray, and it's really striking to see a package with the original "Raiders" logo on it, it hadn't hit me how long it's been.

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 23, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I wasn’t sure what studio made Star Trek IV but I’m pretty sure it’s Paramount.

Okay here’s my own white whale: as a child I had a beautiful illustrated mythology book that I lost or gave away stupidly at some point. This was in Canada in the mid-90s, and I remember it being a hardcover book in a larger format. It was a collection of various mythological tales: the two I remember were Beowulf and St. George and the Dragon.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
A webcomic that shows a baseball/softball/t-ball game where it gets progressively more dumb and absurd

Art style being similar to Perry Bible fellowship

The final panel being a guy hitting a team run and the announcer calling

"That's a beeeeedlebayyy baaallll"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I. M. Gei posted:

There is a photoshop of George from Seinfeld holding Soul Edge while making this face

Are you sure it wasn't the Moonlight Sword from Bloodborne/Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/Armored Core/King's Field/Probably other games I'm missing.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Saint Freak posted:

Are you sure it wasn't the Moonlight Sword from Bloodborne/Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/Armored Core/King's Field/Probably other games I'm missing.

didn't bother removing the text because that would be effort on a long shot since it might not be the one they wanted.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1316563-costanzajpg-george-costanza-reaction-face

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Imgur isn't letting me upload poo poo but I think that's what he's talking about

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Imgur isn't letting me upload poo poo but I think that's what he's talking about

uploaded it for you.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

kupachek posted:

uploaded it for you.

That’s the one! Thank you!

Now I gotta find a mod to help me buy it cuz I plan to fill the text field with gang tags and the character limit doesn’t give me enough room to add those plus two 180x180 blocks of this.

EDIT: Actually if any of y’all have any other av text ideas I’d love to hear ‘em! I don’t watch enough Seinfeld to be able to come up with anything that goes with this image.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 24, 2021

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

I. M. Gei posted:

That’s the one! Thank you!

Milo and POTUS is the solver of that one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

George doesn't look very upset in that picture so I don't think that one would work

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

kupachek posted:

Milo and POTUS is the solver of that one.

oh yeah, thanks Milo and POTUS

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
A PC game, maybe Amstrad port, late 80s early 90s, where your life was depicted as red vertical bars at the top or maybe bottom of the screen. You lost bars if one of the bouncing/looping bad items touched you, you could win bars back if you picked other items (a cooked chicken?) I think you had to pick up letters while navigating a maze. Also have a very vague notion of it being set on space? At least the crude items/maze tiles looked alien to me. Been looking for it for over 2 decades now it is driving me crazy.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
There was a UK radio show that i listened to as a podcast where, I think, the concept was that people brought in new inventions and lobbied for them to be included in a museum or collection of some kind. It was a comedy show, to be clear, with a very dry sense of humor

One dude brought in the concept of revising how we think of opposites, and had some outlandish examples i can't think of, but also had examples of things that are the opposite of themselves, like stairs (since they can bring you both up and down) which I think he called "prime opposites". It was very funny and i thought googling prime opposites would make it easy to find but no dice

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Riptor posted:

There was a UK radio show that i listened to as a podcast where, I think, the concept was that people brought in new inventions and lobbied for them to be included in a museum or collection of some kind. It was a comedy show, to be clear, with a very dry sense of humor

One dude brought in the concept of revising how we think of opposites, and had some outlandish examples i can't think of, but also had examples of things that are the opposite of themselves, like stairs (since they can bring you both up and down) which I think he called "prime opposites". It was very funny and i thought googling prime opposites would make it easy to find but no dice

Radio 4's Museum of Curiosity?

E: Sounds a very Radio 4 thing, anyway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I. M. Gei posted:

oh yeah, thanks Milo and POTUS

drat it looks good too

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Okay I have kind of a tricky request. A family member of mine sent me this photo (cropped to remove people) and they are wondering if it is possible to figure out what the book on the table is. Time-wise the pic was taken around 1989 and is "probably sci-fi"

White text on a dark cover, white back with 5 weird column things? not sure thats remotely enough to go on.

Seems like a longshot what with 'picture of a polaroid' quality but I figure if any hivemind is going to pluck this from the ether it is goons.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Ramc posted:

Okay I have kind of a tricky request. A family member of mine sent me this photo (cropped to remove people) and they are wondering if it is possible to figure out what the book on the table is. Time-wise the pic was taken around 1989 and is "probably sci-fi"

White text on a dark cover, white back with 5 weird column things? not sure thats remotely enough to go on.

Seems like a longshot what with 'picture of a polaroid' quality but I figure if any hivemind is going to pluck this from the ether it is goons.

any info on the location of the photo? US? Canada? UK? AUS?

e: The edges of the pages are already acid-yellowed, hmm

spookykid fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 25, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Some quote I think attributed to Dr Who a show I've never watched. Went on and on in the sense of a rhyming poem about different types of people, some giving more and others taking more than they got. I can't remember it all, it's years old. Hell I might not even be right about it being dr who. I could see it being a quote of some otherwise moderately accomplished poet from years before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Not even that long ago - about 4 or so years ago - there was a gif or video that I think was Spanish. Maybe Portuguese. Either way, it featured a man dressed up as a piece of poo poo laying in a toilet bowl. Another person comes into the bathroom and sees the "poo poo," and the "poo poo" flies out of the bowl into the person's mouth. I've searched so hard for this.