Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
back when stumbleupon was good, it took me to an artist's personal site. the artist was dying of cancer and did a lot of interesting and unsettling art to cope. i don't remember anything else.

i'd be very surprised if i ever found this again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

a music video, camera pointed out a train window, everything passing by does so to the music. i remember telephone poles and stuff. probably electronic. circa 2000s?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S43IwBF0uM

I used to put this song on a loop and tear around on a motorcycle in the desert in GTA San Andreas for, like, hours

thanks!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

a gif some people made that recreated that barn owl meme gif, where one owl's hooting incessantly, another's eating a mouse, etc. i think the people in the gif were asian. one person used a stuffed animal for the mouse

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

yes lmao

thank you

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

a 3d short animation with soldiers on a cliff(?), each guy jumping off, one by one. i want to say it’s from the 00s?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

A band of five or six people (male and female) from the 70s/80s who all wore masks. Their identity has never been revealed. I read the Wikipedia article on them in 2005 and have never been able to find them since. They would work in complete isolation and their land line had no ring tone, they'd organise their manager to call them at a specific time and they'd answer. Maybe that last sentence is something Kraftwerk used to do though.

could it be the residents?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

part of me wants to say it stands for “bank of america” which is dumb, but...

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i might have asked about this before, but there was a 3d short animation with soldiers who receive their medals then walk off a cliff, one by one. they form a line, iirc. that’s the best my memory can do and anyone who can find it for me will have my undying love and esteem (or at least some very nice words)

the video would be, maybe... 7-8 years old?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

or soultaker

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Tea Bone posted:

A game for the Gameboy color (possibly game boy advance?)

It had really basic graphics, you were a ball that bounced up and down on platforms. The level was made up entirely of these platforms and they had different colors to them which gave different abilities while you were on that platform (all I can remember is the black platform let you bounce higher) there were spikey balls stationary throughout the level which you had to avoid. I had it on one of those "30 in one" knock off cartridges and the game was in Japanese so I couldn't understand any of the guidance. I remember I got stuck because I got to a level in which you had to spend a life to complete it but only had one life left.

i want to say chalvo 55, but that’s game boy, not gbc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

nishi koichi posted:

i might have asked about this before, but there was a 3d short animation with soldiers who receive their medals then walk off a cliff, one by one. they form a line, iirc. that’s the best my memory can do and anyone who can find it for me will have my undying love and esteem (or at least some very nice words)

the video would be, maybe... 7-8 years old?

i finally found this, it's a great short and a little different from my drug-addled memory:

https://youtu.be/nXIdmW4Hau0