Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Ok, White Whale thread, work your magic on these two things, both somewhat related.

1) A book or video series advertised on TV in the 90's for all sorts of pseudoscience things. It is NOT the "Mysterious of the Unknown" series. I've seen a couple commercials for that, and that is not it. It's from later, more like mid 90's, not late 80's. The one VERY distinct part I remember is the narrator talking about "The Face of Mars" while the camera pans over the somewhat famous/infamous "face of Mars" photo:

2) A book, that was part of a larger book series (but AGAIN, not The Mysterious of the Unknown,) that was also about pseudoscience and cryptids. It was a single book about that sort of stuff in a series of other books, the rest of which were all normal. I think the books were aimed at kids/young teens, but can't be sure...I can't remember what specific things the other books were about, but it was probably standard things like "Dinosaurs" and "Plants" and "Space."
But this last one in the series I liked the most, cause I was into that sort of stuff as a kid, and had chapters on things like the Bermuda Triangle, the Mary Celeste, and a lot on cryptids. I specifically remember section on "sea monsters" that showed a photo taken on a Russian, or Chinese, fishing boat of a "sea monster" the crew caught that even the book said might just have been a dead sea turtle who's shell had fallen off. And another small section on the possibility of "mini dinosaurs" possibly living in a remote section of the jungle in Africa, with a drawing of a couple small dinosaurs only about as tall as some palm trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU