Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I made this incredible spicy mango and sweet potato curry this one time. It was seriously the best thing I have ever tasted in my life, just the right balance of being sweet, spicy, and savory. It was supposed to be my lunch for the next couple of days but I ate it all within 24 hours. Usually I am only an okay cook

I've occasionally tried to replicate this curry but have never really come close. I don't know how it wound up being so good the first time around and it is slowly driving me mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

When I was 8 or 9 I stumbled across this (in retrospect) pirate radio station that would play a continuous mix of EDM on friday and saturday nights. No announcer, no breaks in the music, just 4 straight hours of EDM. I'm pretty sure it was on the AM band.

I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and have fond memories of having friday night sleepovers and playing playstation while blasting this pirate EDM station that I had happened to find. It was extremely 90's and it ruled

Not something I'm going to find again, obviously, just wanted to reminisce

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

It seems like you are describing the music video for perturbator- she is young, she is beautiful, she is next, but I think that's the official music video. https://youtu.be/IGqeyQhBPMI

Regardless of whether or not this is what the poster in question was looking for, this is rad as heck and I'd somehow never seen it before

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

There was a PS1 game I had as a kid. It was a shooter, where you were flying into the screen (like starfox). The backgrounds were all pre-rendered. I remember one of the first bosses being a mechanical scorpion thing. The game had 3-4 discs (because of the pre-rendered backgrounds I assume). It came out pretty early in the PS1's lifecycle, so probably in 97 I think

That's all I can remember about it, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about I've been trying to remember what this game was called all day

e: Thought I remembered it being made or published by Psygnosis but I glanced through their PS1 catalog and didn't find it

Revins fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 12, 2019

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

Isn't this Colony Wars? It was published by Psygnosis and came on 2 discs.

EDIT - Or G-Police, also by Psygnosis and which came on 2 discs.

Nope, neither of these. The more I think about it the more I'm sure it was made my Psygnosis, but I think its a game that did so poorly that its been lost to time such that its not even on wikipedia. The backgrounds were basically lovely FMV that were definitely horrendously choppy by today's standards, and it was Starfox-like in that you were a ship flying into the screen.

e: Nvm, I found it. It was the PS1 port of Novastorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AAqNtx1rZk

Revins fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 13, 2019

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’m looking for an image from a photoshop friday. It’s a Lord of the Rings arcade game. It just had 3 buttons

Boil em
Mash em
Stick em in a stew

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/awful-arcade-machines/7/

This photoshop phriday is one of the first things I remember seeing on SA, which means I started lurking in 04 apparently

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Lindy Hopscotch posted:

There was this computer game I used to play in school in like 5th or 6th grade where you can make stage plays or something with backgrounds and characters and you can write their lines and pick a computer voice to say their lines. To test the voices each voice would say "All the Worlds a Stage". This was like back in '96 and for the life of me i cant find the loving game and maybe it never existed because any time I've tried to find it I've come up with loving nothing.

Somebody tell me this goddamn game existed in their timeline too.

Was it Opening Night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnqRkHhxEMc

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

poverty goat posted:

i've always dreamed of finding one of those bricks of coke you hear about washed up on the beach

I found about a quarter of weed on the sidewalk a couple months ago. Quarter oz, not a qp

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

this isn't really a white whale thing but I just got my gaming pc going again after 6 months and want to play that game where you're a witch and its a rouguelike thing and like every pixel is simulated and can kill you and stuff. I can't remember the name of it so if anyone does tia

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

That's the one! Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

There was a top down shooter from the late nineties or early 2000's where you aimed with the mouse and got fallout-esque traits in between rounds. I know that's annoyingly vague but I don't remember much else about the game. Happen to jog any memories?

omg this game (Crimsonland) has occasionally popped into my head for years as something I'd had the itch to play again. couldn't remember the name though. thank you for posting about this game so our memories could be refreshed