Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Back in like, 2008-2009 there was a Machinima group called Darkspire Films that did a short series using Gears of War called Geared: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdE9uedeGTo. It's stupid and hilarious and there's a bunch of little references my brothers and I make constantly.

Machinima is dead, and Darkspire has long been broken up, but their YouTube page still exists ...with Gears scrubbed from the videos. I have all of them saved except the 4th of July special. I've looked everywhere, I tried to message them on YT and Twitter, nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Archer666 posted:

I posted this in other incarnations of this thread. I've been looking for ages for this weird underground movie called Canzo Empyrean. Its about some kind of AIDS crisis wiping out most of humanity and Destro from GI Joe takes over the world cause he has the AIDS cure.

At this point I'm not sure it exists as anything but the trailer, an old website and a bunch of youtube vids that somebody edited into a single 45 minute video. And aside from like 4-5 randos on the internet, nobody seems to have actually seen the movie. But the whole thing also seems really elaborate to be a prank.

Here's the trailer and the 45 minutes of footage. Its all heavily NWS.

https://youtu.be/_ohFLSFGr5I
https://youtu.be/A8L0xYJZPy8

What the gently caress did I just watch.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I think this one has been posted in here, but I can't find it :( Who was the Goon that hunted wild boars with a spear and/or shot them from a helicopter?

You're thinking of Lady Eboshi

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Not really, I just can't see "wild boar" or "feral hog" without immediately thinking of that clip because it's amazing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

This is not enough information to accomplish anything but you lot have had some amazing catches so here goes:

Back in 2002 I went and saw KoRn at Philips Arena. There was some music playing before the show (as venues do) and there was this one song I absolutely loved. This was pre-Shazam and no amount of Googling when I got home then up until today has given me any correct results.

I *think* the chorus lead in is "I'm the best, motherfucker," with the end of "motherfucker" really stretched out and growly. Fit in well with the generic early 2000s hard rock/industrial/nu-metal thing going on in the era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

HappyKitty posted:

The weird thing is that they were featured as background music in the show Clone High at one point. It's utterly maddening to me that this band seemingly disappeared off the face of the planet, and the most enduring legacy they've left is a few bars of background music on a handful of episodes of a one-season cult TV show. I have literally never met a single person who recognizes this band when I talk about them. Googling them displays a BUNCH of false positives, because apparently "Big Sur" is a popular band name. Mostly I want to know whether they ever released any further albums, because I would buy the poo poo out of them.

Oh man, this reminds me of one:

I can't remember if it was in an ep or a promo, but there was a cartoon around the Clone High era that had a segment where one character was like, "duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh. Duh uh nuh nuh nuh nuh. Duh uh nuh nuh nuh nuh," and then another says, "SHUT UP." The first character then makes like a "beooow," guitar noise.

I had always thought this was from Clone High, and so did my middle brother. My brothers and I have repeated this segment to each other s million times in the last 15ish years. I re-watched the show a while back to find the ep it's from and it's not there. Where the gently caress did this come from?