Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Section 9 posted:

I've been searching on and off for years to find the movie "Strangler vs Strangler", specifically the Canon Films English dub. A friend and I caught it randomly on some hosted movie show on TV in the early 90's (searches have led me to believe it must have been Joe Bob Briggs.) I don't know what the original Serbian script is like, but the English dub was hilariously bad and was a source of tons of in-jokes for us for years. I've found some places to buy the original Serbian version, and I think I even once found it uploaded to some website, but I have never been able to find the English dub for sale or otherwise. I expect I never will since Canon Films is long gone and I doubt such an obscure film would ever get any sort of re-release, even if it is apparently a cult classic in its homeland. Probably for the best as I'm sure actually seeing it again wouldn't live up to the nostalgia.

It's a Serbian horror-comedy about a man who sells carnations, lives with his abusive mother, and starts strangling women who won't buy his flowers. There is an inept detective following the case who lives alone with his cat who speaks to him with text screens (like old silent movie cards, not sure what the technical term is,) and a young punk band singer who develops a psychic link to the carnation selling serial killer (the name of his band is "The Stranglers" thus the title "Strangler vs Strangler".)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUWTSl4HK0s

This sounds like something that Vinegar Syndrome or 88 Films would give a Bluray release to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

That guy's into clowns

Oh, how long have you been seeing him?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Doesn’t have “Bandit Country” in the title, but is this it?

https://youtu.be/OtH7KkgpXIg

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

!Klams posted:

A while back there was a BBC (I think BBC 2?) Thing, like a trailer that was just about food shows, generally, on the BBC. Part of it was Gary Rhodes climbing up a cliff face, to tell some campers who were cooking sausages "the trick is, 'not' to prick them".

I can't find hide nor hare of it, and don't even really know what I'd search for.

I think I have a vague memory of this. Maybe send BBC Archive a message about it?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

On the subject of lost media:

https://twitter.com/Wellesnetcom/status/1381751906654109702?s=19

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Coincidentally I watched S3 of Miami Vice recently. This is S3E19 "Red Tape". Does this clip include the bit you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftU1abzcZ6A

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

hexwren posted:

• A game book, published before 1994. Your standard sort of dungeon crawler. I don't recall the title, obviously enough, or much of the actual game mechanics, though there were mechanics. The setting was some kind of harbor town where unpleasant things were happening. You could pick up a wine bottle fairly early on in your adventure. If you drank from it, you died, because it had turned to vinegar.

One of the Fighting Fantasy books?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Delysid posted:

This isn't from ages ago, but I simply cannot find this clip anymore. It was originally posted on Twitter but may have been removed.

From the DC BLM protests/riots after George Floyd was killed, there's a clip of an Antifa-looking fellow (just dressed in all black) pulling out a hammer and chipping away at a sidewalk to make some DIY throw-able debris. Some people grab him, someone is screaming "WHITE PEOPLE!!!" (obviously angry that a white guy is stirring up trouble at a supposed-to-be-peaceful BLM protest) and they throw him at the police, who cuff/apprehend him. Then a dude in full "tactical" gear who had to be 7 feet tall who looks like the Juggernaut from Modern Warfare got in the cops' faces and threatened them and read off their name tags and I think he even chest-poked one of them and had his hand swatted away.

Gotta be out there somewhere, but damned if I can find it on Twitter.

Well here's some of the footage:

https://twitter.com/kvwviiju/status/1268190940130394112?t=GUvH9dBt11ElPqg08IoLUQ&s=19

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

eating only apples posted:

A UK public safety film that I saw in primary school in 1993-1998 in Norwich, if anyone local might recall it

It was a building site one, but not Building Sites Bite, I've watched that one and it's just not the same. I remember it being more modern than 70s also. The bits I remember of it were in first-person perspective of a kid wandering across a building site, like balancing across a wooden beam which fell, and digging in a heap of sand that collapsed on them. There must have been third-person bits too, because I remember the kid being dark-haired, gender non-specific. Does anyone remember this? I'm not expecting to find it but even someone else recalling it would be great.

The @ScarredForLife2 account on Twitter would be a good place to ask about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

There was a documentary around 2004-2005 I think (or at least that's when I think I watched it), in the UK, about people who had chronic seething anger. In one segment the presenter went to speak to someone whom I think looked like Bobcat Goldthwait in the Police Academy movies and asked him a question. The guy replied through his teeth "I'm not going to talk about that" whilst looking like he wanted to attack.

I've not been able to find it in years.

Could this have been Griff Rhys Jones' BBC documentary Losing It? The second part is on YouTube here.