Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

On the other hand we stole Kennison

Neil Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Letting Smith walk and get paid twice as much and win two rings is not really the same scenario.

Also I was in Denver and Neil Smith showed up at the bar and did shots with us because we were wearing Chiefs gear

Also yes I am old

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That’s awesome, I have never met a Chiefs player but I did meet Redwolf/tail/skin Charles Mann and Art Monk.

I think I cried when Neil Smith changed the colors on his nose band aid

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've met dozens of Chargers because of my job at the time and boy howdy some nfl players are trash humans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Some are good, also

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KC was totally in love with Derrick Thomas and he was a shithead in real life

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

I've met dozens of Chargers because of my job at the time and boy howdy some nfl players are trash humans
I swear you mentioned a long time back that Rivers dropped by the lobby a few times with a woman that wasn't his wife

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

I swear you mentioned a long time back that Rivers dropped by the lobby a few times with a woman that wasn't his wife

Turns out it was a Chargers employee that does massage therapy.

I cannot say what went on in the room itself but I will choose to believe Philip is cool and good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Top 5 biggest assholes that I witnessed personally being assholes

1. Darren Sproles
2. Dwight Freeney
3. Larry English
4. Craig Davis
5. Norv Turner

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Charcandrick West’s girlfriend lives in my apartment complex. We talked for a bit in the parking lot after he saw my KC hat.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Top 5 biggest assholes that I witnessed personally being assholes

1. Darren Sproles
2. Dwight Freeney
3. Larry English
4. Craig Davis
5. Norv Turner

Need stories!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Today is the 8th Anniversary of FaxGate

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

KC was totally in love with Derrick Thomas and he was a shithead in real life

The hero worship for this dude here in town is baaaad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Julius CSAR posted:

The hero worship for this dude here in town is baaaad.

I remember a specific encounter back in the day where I tried to argue with someone at a church that maybe he was really good at football and not so good at other stuff which ended up in an hour long lecture about how the gently caress could I even begin to think that because he was such a nice guy.

He was really good at football we both agreed at least.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
And to think it all could have been avoided if he just wore his seatbelt

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I remember a specific encounter back in the day where I tried to argue with someone at a church that maybe he was really good at football and not so good at other stuff which ended up in an hour long lecture about how the gently caress could I even begin to think that because he was such a nice guy.

He was really good at football we both agreed at least.
I was really young throughout most his era, but was he doing really bad poo poo in particular or is it the whole he had a shitload of kids and spent like Johnny Depp thing?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

I was really young throughout most his era, but was he doing really bad poo poo in particular or is it the whole he had a shitload of kids and spent like Johnny Depp thing?

I'd have to look it up again to be sure but as I remember it he was just a deadbeat dad to a whole lot of different mothers.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I did shots with Sean Weatherspoon at a party the year he got drafted he was fun.

I knew a lot of people that were friends with Dorial Green Beckham and his flameout was very predictable. Last story I heard about him was years ago selling lbs of weed a block away from an old place of mine.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I knew a lot of people that were friends with Dorial Green Beckham and his flameout was very predictable. Last story I heard about him was years ago selling lbs of weed a block away from an old place of mine.

lol i didn't realize he's been arrested in springfield twice

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1294337353226416134

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Does Carr suck now I forget

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

Does Carr suck now I forget

He had a pretty good statistical year last year while being largely uninspiring? Seems to do a lot of not going deep which as far as I can tell is what Gruden wants him to do, he's bottom of the league in most of the air yards/pass or completion or to the sticks stats.

No idea how much of the bad parts of things are him vs Gruden.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

YOU TALK ABOUT A GUY

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

He had a pretty good statistical year last year while being largely uninspiring? Seems to do a lot of not going deep which as far as I can tell is what Gruden wants him to do, he's bottom of the league in most of the air yards/pass or completion or to the sticks stats.

No idea how much of the bad parts of things are him vs Gruden.

Carr used to throw deep to michael crabtree and also to amari cooper, but then I guess those deep threats were replaced with, uhhhh

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
they were replaced with GRINDERS baby just my kind of football players i love how these guys play football

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Leperflesh posted:

Carr used to throw deep to michael crabtree and also to amari cooper, but then I guess those deep threats were replaced with, uhhhh

Ruggs now, maybe.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yes Carr is good and Mariota has not been good in camp at all

https://twitter.com/mfbanalytics/status/1296900621258432515?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hi AFC West. If you guys can get a new thread for the new season up I'd appreciate it.

Football in 10 days.