Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here, have the top result for each _____ fan on imgur:

https://i.imgur.com/hXzb4vA.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/QPxdGvz.mp4

Well okay, except for the Patriots because that returns mostly just lots of pictures of guns and sad veteran memes, so instead:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Nice

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Every non-Patriots fan please give your wildly optimistic team takes here on the first page so we can laugh at them come January.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

The bills and jets will be mediocre!!!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Josh Allen is going to throw for 7,000 yards this season and throw a football over the mountain.

Print the shirts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
a vast storm will descend upon the united states, parking in place over the entirety of the country and bringing with it fierce winds and inclement weather of all kinds. only one quarterback has the pure manly brawniness to cut through all that wind and only one quarterback was drafted for that reason alone

thats right: josh allen motherfucker. youre all gonna rue the day you mocked the bills

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-guard-isaac-asiata-retires

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Mitch Morse in concussion protocol :smith:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1156606454679425025

Get on this Douglas.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I like Gase being very nonchalant about Darnold owning.

mcmagic posted:

Get on this Douglas.
One one hand, Trent Williams. He's given up 1 sack in the past 3 years. On the other, 31 years old and only averages 11-12 games per year.

I'd trade a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's a good thing that Gase is soo good at using quarterbacks who are best outside the pocket...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'd trade a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.

It's definitely worth a 3 to block the loving Patriots.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots probably aren't in the market for him regardless. They drafted a tackle in the 1st round last year.

Now a tight end or receiver, ooh boy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

It's definitely worth a 3 to block the loving Patriots.

yeah that'll be the thing that finally stops em

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

Every non-Patriots fan please give your wildly optimistic team takes here on the first page so we can laugh at them come January.

I don't know if I would regard it as "optimistic" given the circumstances but I think the Dolphins are going to go 7-9 again.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Sheen Sheen posted:

Mitch Morse in concussion protocol :smith:
It's okay, we have...ummm...Spencer Long?:smithicide:
Oh wait, he's injured too!
Our offensive line is way too lovely to be missing one of the mystery meat linemen, let alone one of the good ones.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I don't know if I would regard it as "optimistic" given the circumstances but I think the Dolphins are going to go 7-9 again.

I would say that's pretty optimistic, yes. Which is kind of disturbing

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

waah posted:

Josh Allen is going to throw for 7,000 yards this season and throw a football over the mountain.

Print the shirts

Everest or bust!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Haven't posted in a bit - a new thread, cool

I'm not sure how I feel about Trent Williams. Obviously an awesome player, but more not sure how I'd feel about trading a 2 + giving him a big new contract. Why not trust Douglas to draft a lineman in the 1st or 2nd (and pay 1/3 of what you'd pay for Williams)? That said, it would definitely be cool if it happened

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 1, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Just in case there was some doubt, that's definitely starter money.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1157003576222408704

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Just in case there was some doubt, that's definitely starter money.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1157003576222408704

whoa. I thought it was gonna be like 2-4 mil.

But hell, if they have the cap space and it's a one year deal, the actual amount doesn't matter all that much. What's important is getting the best guy out there

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
There's something to be said for getting a veteran player who can help Bradford with the blocking scheme, but that's a lot of money to be paying for a guy who isn't very good anymore. Even on a one-year deal that's a significant amount of money you're not rolling over to next year.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Very much looking forward to another disappointing year of football in Miami. Gunna be great OP

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

There's something to be said for getting a veteran player who can help Bradford with the blocking scheme, but that's a lot of money to be paying for a guy who isn't very good anymore. Even on a one-year deal that's a significant amount of money you're not rolling over to next year.

Rollover cap room is such funny money. I can't bring myself to care that much about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Winning 9 games and looking competent would do more for the Jets' cap space then rollover money anyway.

Not having to pay $1.50 on the dollar for free agents because they think you're a loser trainwreck is incredibly valuable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kalli posted:

Winning 9 games and looking competent would do more for the Jets' cap space then rollover money anyway.

Not having to pay $1.50 on the dollar for free agents because they think you're a loser trainwreck is incredibly valuable.
That and Sam playing well and it can't hurt to have him around Kalil.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wasn't Kalil on All or Nothing like really upset that he didn't feel like he could play anymore and was too old and injured?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Kalil is (if healthy) obviously an upgrade over Harrison, and Harrison is more valuable as a swing OL than as a starter. I just don't get why Jets beat writers are hyping this move up so much.

I will say: I'm sure Kalil will help Darnold just by virtue of being smart/being able to read fronts, etc. So that's cool.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mitch Morse just had his fourth concussion so I might actually rather be in the Jets' shoes at center, somehow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BTW the Kalil deal is a MAX of 8.4mm. It's very heavily incentive laden.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Things you'll see this year from Buffalo:
1. A head scratcher loss to a Fitz led Dolphins.
2. Sadness.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

WalletBeef posted:

2. Sadness.
I think it'll probably be the Fitz-est possible stat-line...like 22/40 338 yds. 3 TDs 2 INTs or something like that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

WalletBeef posted:

2. Sadness.

3 A bullshit win against the Jets.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

BTW the Kalil deal is a MAX of 8.4mm. It's very heavily incentive laden.

Source?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1157089909259296768

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

3 A bullshit win against the Jets.

As we know well all wins against the Jets are bullshit.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Miami Dolphins going to the bowl....the toilet bowl!!!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

These same 4-12 Dolphins that beat the Bills will somehow either sneak a win against the Patriots or give them more of a scare than they should.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

loving twitter sources need to get their poo poo straight before they force us to overreact to a contract that's probably gonna end up costing way less than 8 mil. If that's mostly incentives, who knows what the conditions are but probably most of them have to do with being the starting center and then some have to do with his performance as the starting center, so they'd be protecting themselves if he gets hurt or can't beat out the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Why does Adam Gase continue to look weirder every time I see him?

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1157314361423290370?s=20