Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

fsif posted:

Can't quiiiite justify the investment myself but...

https://twitter.com/ryantalbotbills/status/1279075949343096833?s=21

how appropriate that josh is clearly running while tua looks to throw the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s a shame that tua is going to bust from lack of a good football name

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

t a s t e posted:

It’s a shame that tua is going to bust from lack of a good football name

why do you hate Hawaiians

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He's going to bust because Nick Saban broke his pact with the devil when he supported BLM.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

why do you hate Hawaiians

Aside from the rolls, nothing about Hawaii is fail imo

However TT has a much better golfer name

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hawaiian Rolls are pretty good?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Hawaiian Rolls are pretty good?

The correct amount of confidence in that statement.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this GIF speaks to me as a dolphins fan

https://i.imgur.com/VnHcrP2.mp4

Ehud fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 4, 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have that patio table set!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

whoops quote is not edit

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

this GIF speaks to me as a dolphins fan

https://i.imgur.com/VnHcrP2.mp4

Can you even bring a trampoline inside?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man I hope Knox can learn to stop his drops. Forgot how outrageous some of his highlights were last year

https://twitter.com/wistfulpapadoc/status/1279891939266093057?s=21

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Elephanthead posted:

Can you even bring a trampoline inside?

You can flip it over and put heavy stuff on it, at least.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Flying around might actually make a trampoline less dangerous.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

fsif posted:

Can't quiiiite justify the investment myself but...

https://twitter.com/ryantalbotbills/status/1279075949343096833?s=21

Darnold on a flaming plane would be an insta buy for me

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Darnold on a flaming plane would be an insta buy for me

Being chased by a ghost.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

If the Jets did all that work in the offseason for the 27th best OL that is highly pathetic.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pff ain’t poo poo

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Having like...the 25th ranked offensive line would still be decently big for Darnold, which is hilarious.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Having like...the 25th ranked offensive line would still be decently big for Darnold, which is hilarious.

If the last 5 games of the season were real for Perriman the Mims ends up being like AJ Brown or Sutton from last year it could be a decent offense. Big if's.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

If the last 5 games of the season were real for Perriman the Mims ends up being like AJ Brown or Sutton from last year it could be a decent offense. Big if's.

I think Mims will contribute right away in the redzone, which will be big for Darnold. I'm always pretty pessimistic about rookie WRs though, so I assume his first year will be pretty pedestrian. Let's say...45 catches, 550-600 yards, 4-6 TDs or something like that.

I have literally no clue what to expect from Perriman.

Herndon is the x-factor for the offense.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 7, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Revis24/status/1279590726540673024

Idiots gotta roll together!!!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is the only advanced metric I care about.

https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1280556543130447872?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Those were the only 6 checkdowns he threw because he seriously injured the dump off targets by impaling them with the football.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

This is the only advanced metric I care about.

https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1280556543130447872?s=20

I know you're joking here but speaking of advanced metrics, Barnwell's progress reports on Darnold and Allen were both very good and very fair. Here's Darnold and here's Allen. Don't think anyone posted them here, feel free to roast me if I'm wrong.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a fair review of Darnold.

I just remember his first season against miami, dude made several plays that had all fins fans in the stands saying “oh poo poo this dude might be legit”

Luckily the jets bungled the whole thing

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

I just remember his first season against miami, dude made several plays that had all fins fans in the stands saying “oh poo poo this dude might be legit”

From the games against the Dolphins this year, he looks like he's being thoroughly Gase'd. The goal line interception was horrific, but seemed schemed to be horrific.

I've never really looked at him and seen the hint of stardust that you sometimes do, but he could absolutely be a Matthew Stafford Carson Palmer type upper echelon pro who's always overshadowed by the new hotness.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Adam Gase is my favorite thing in the NFL. I hope he gets a third shot after the Jets.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Adam Gase is my favorite thing in the NFL. I hope he gets a third shot after the Jets.

I hope he succeeds Billy at the Patriots, even as I am aware that there are a million monkey paw scenarios here that would make me very unhappy.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

I remember watching him confidently conduct a game-winning drive against the Bills late in 2018 and feeling like that could happen a lot in the future.
Then they brought in Gase.

But yeah, Barnwell does a great job in both articles, IMO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's pretty funny that Gase had the 30th ranked offense in the NFL or whatever last year and he didn't change one role on his coaching staff. He's fully high on his own supply.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I apologize for the video game post but I was playing the Jets in Madden and they had 2nd and inches inside the red zone and threw back to back bubble screens that got shut down and I thought “drat, they really have Gase programmed correctly”

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty funny that Gase had the 30th ranked offense in the NFL or whatever last year and he didn't change one role on his coaching staff. He's fully high on his own supply.

His last season in Miami with Dowell Loggains as OC they were 30th in attempts, 30th in passing yards. He still brought Loggains with him to NY. Honestly them doing alright down the stretch was one of the worst things that could have happened. It gave the Johnsons an excuse to keep him around and dropped our draft pick.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

His last season in Miami with Dowell Loggains as OC they were 30th in attempts, 30th in passing yards. He still brought Loggains with him to NY. Honestly them doing alright down the stretch was one of the worst things that could have happened. It gave the Johnsons an excuse to keep him around and dropped our draft pick.

I don't think there is anything Gase could've done last season to get fired. Christopher Johnson would be admitting that he royally hosed up and they blew up the whole organization to bring in people Gase had a history with. After this season hopefully Trump loses and Woody is unemployed and that is an excuse to get rid of Gase.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Loggains isnt actually the DC though, Gase is.

I really wonder what Covid will do to coaches on the hot seat. Wouldn’t ownership be more apt to give everyone another year since they’re probably playing, if anything at all, a truncated season with no training camp or actual prep time? I don’t see too many coaches and GMs getting fired this year is all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Loggains isnt actually the DC though, Gase is.

I really wonder what Covid will do to coaches on the hot seat. Wouldn’t ownership be more apt to give everyone another year since they’re probably playing, if anything at all, a truncated season with no training camp or actual prep time? I don’t see too many coaches and GMs getting fired this year is all.

The worst thing for the Jets would be another mediocre 7-9 season where you find out about nothing. It was pretty clear that the 6-2 run at the end of last year was fools gold. The idea that they were all tooting their own horn over that was pretty disturbing to me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well good thing they’re not playing 16 games. Maybe they’ll go 3-5 though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

I know you're joking here but speaking of advanced metrics, Barnwell's progress reports on Darnold and Allen were both very good and very fair. Here's Darnold and here's Allen. Don't think anyone posted them here, feel free to roast me if I'm wrong.

I respect that he used Tyrod Taylor as the quarterback comp for Allen.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah darnold is going to need to an opportunity like tannehill in order to succeed the jets have squander him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
People were hyping darnold as like a can't miss guy right? Or is that not true? My only engagement with cfb is the draft really so I don't know whether he was good in college. It really seems like the most important thing (once the guy is at a certain skill floor) is the environment and coaching rookie enters into. Which is too bad because the AFCE being a good division would rule. Oh well I guess if mentally breaking three other NFL teams for 20 years is the price of success, it's worth paying.