Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It's a good thing that Gase is soo good at using quarterbacks who are best outside the pocket...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
What're the Dolphins doing? Our line looks like a trainwreck in camp

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
This is the nice thing about having sacrificial placeholder qbs. A terrible o line is a source of concern rather than terror

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm pretty certain Rosen is there to be a cost controlled backup for Tua.

I'm just worried our D might be competent enough to steal a game or two.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Oh, totally. I just have no expectation that Rosen will pan out

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Major Ryan posted:

Reading/hearing a lot about peak QB seasons being college seasons - that basically no-one is better than they were in college and performances there can be seen as a ceiling. In which case Rosen's limit is... fine but not amazing.

I think Fitz was fine at the point they acquired him - no QB on the roster, absolutely taking in 2019. Then the Rosen trade popped up (which I think you have to take at that price) and then Fitz became pretty pointless. I'd start Rosen all season regardless. The worst that happens is he sucks and then you know and draft someone else with a high draft pick.

And yeah, that's a great tweet from Stills.

Oh yeah, I have no criticism of the team here, their failure to trawl for unexpected QB success is one of the key criticisms of regimes past.

I'm just not going to be as sad watching them get squelched as I would Tanny or next years first rounder

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Our tiny return guy also turned out great, so good luck to him

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
If kicker was an issue for me, and the guy could both kick and punt, I'd pay a 5th for an extra roster spot.

I'll believe it when I see it though.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lance Zierlein and some Houston sport radio guy are saying the Texans had worked out a trade with the Dolphins for Clowney but it was called off when he wouldn't sign sign a long term deal with them.

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1161240662110539781
The Dolphins should probably not be spending high value draft assets on top of the market guys either.

Yeah that seems extremely wierd unless they're fire saleing him

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I thought the whole point of the pats D was to generate pressure without a stud rusher

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
loving hell people, forty seven new posts in the offseason, I thought we'd traded for Clowney.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
We're acutely aware how bad Gase is, and perfectly aware that [Generic Patriots Coordinator] isn't going to be the one to break the streak.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

But this one's not a rapist or a petulant manchild, or an egotistical psycho OR a fat sack of crap!

It's a great upgrade on the usual, I agree.

Let's face it, the Dolphins are never going to be good, so it's at least nice to not feel like a bad person for cheering them.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They'll never not be relevant

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Giant meteor 2022 tbh

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Gase is a weird one because there a number of things he's actually good at, it's just that his bizarre insistence on finding and stanning his guys, and his utter contempt for either line means that he sabotages all his good qualities

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

Minkah excels in coverage...put him in a where coverage is the least important skill.

Minkah could be a great free safety, slot corner or boundary. Instead, since we have competent guys at free safety, slot and boundary, put him in at strong safety since he is better than what else we have there. I see the logic, but drat, we're wasting a great player in a place where he's just better than the rest, not actually good.

I get the feeling they want him to play literally everywhere and are getting him reps at his "weakest" position

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It seemed out of character and never recurred. So who knows

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Docjowles posted:

There are plenty of possible outcomes for the Jets this season (some of them maybe even good!), but pretty sure this is not one of them.

Hey now. He's definitely found a new coke hook up

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Professor Funk posted:

I was also gonna say - did he ever do smelling salts in Miami?

I have no idea, I'm just chucking around baseless slurs, but it'd explain his, er, intensity

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I imagine that's exactly what's going to happen with the Dolphins this year, only replacing the crook with a full body cast

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
No one's trading for Fitz.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I guess taken it if you can get it. Can't see which team would actually be worth trading for him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They're both going to be terrible/injured because the AFCE is a well of despair

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I just watched the Buttfumble video again. Still hilarious

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

One coach! I just want to not hate one goddamn coach

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Ross has withdrawn from the NFL social justice committee

Good to know what he considers important

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

latinotwink1997 posted:

All those pages of arguments on who’s better, the Jets or Bills, and it’s gonna be the Dolphins that end up with the best season.

If by best season you mean zero wins and Tua, yes, I agree. Thee Dolphins o line is, by itself, bad enough to garuntee that, and the moment you scratch the surface the utter lack of depth appears

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
He looks kinda washed right now.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
What in the hell?

I made the mistake of thinking the incompetenxe had turned a corner, and lo I have been punished.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

lol why did you think that

They paid X, didn't chase a QB, took their medicine on Suh and Tannehill. That sort of thing

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Not a Tua man?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1165273063598039041?s=21

He’s probably safe, but why are all these teams putting in cold calls for Tunsil in the first place? Things that make you think...

Because everyone needs a left tackle and the Dolphins are dumb

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

I like Stills, but if he can get to a team with some chance of winning, good for him. Jones is someone they should get what they can for him, he won't be around when the winning happens. Alonso is no longer starting quality. McMillan, I think he's a keeper, see if you can hide his failures at pass D.

I'd be fine with trading any of them.

The only people on the roster who should be completely protected are X, Minkah, Wilkins, Baker and Tunsil. Oh and Sanders.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
If he was a Mack level player I'd sort of understand, but it does feel like Suh 2.0

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

Why do the Dolphins want to trade Tunsil again?

We don't think they do

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, but that's an end of round 2021 pick

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Professor Funk posted:

I just can't see any (well run) team paying a premium pick for Clowney

Sure, but this is the AFCE thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, I think Jones and McCain is the starting safety pair.

It's just wierd as they've made quite a lot of playing a heavy nickel as the base D, and thats a good role for McDonald