Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tarbrush posted:

I get the feeling they want him to play literally everywhere and are getting him reps at his "weakest" position

They're tanking and will move him back next year saying they have better depth at the position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

I imagine the Bills fans who where laughing at the Jets for possibly trading a high pick for a vet to win now would have the same reaction if the Bills traded for Clowney?

That would have to be a long term move (maybe they give clowney the contract he wants) since it will take a while for clowney to learn to play QB

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
It's a bad bet because they probably will get a fools gold 8-10 win season this year. Gase is a cancer that doesn't kill instantly

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think it's also worth considering with re: to Tunsil is that the Dolphins have basically made their assessment that the team wasn't bad enough to contend for the kind of pick they wanted. I think camp + preseason suggests that the defense could be pretty good, and the offense will probably be bad but not atrociously so. The line looked workable with Tunsil in the lineup, and the defense appears to be in danger of being pretty good. If Fitzpatrick goes Fitzmagic, and the skill position players make some lucky breaks you've got an opportunity to gently caress up your chances for a top QB.

If the Texans are offering an excellent value for Tunsil, you've got the opportunity to not make your team as a whole worse but still essentially sabotage your season.

I'm inclined to believe that the Dolphins would love McKinney. Where did you hear that?

On the other hand if you have anything resembling hope in Rosen do you even go through with the tank

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
it's the right move cuz then the dolphins can draft both tua and jeudy

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

I’m not squeamish about losing. I just can’t even tell at this point if that’s what we’re trying to do.

The only thing that sucks about tanking this year is I don’t really want Tua. I think we’re tanking a year too soon and it makes me sad.

You're a fool! A damned fool!

Also there's always a chance they know something that isn't public. Like, "Tunsil found out we leaked the video to make him drop and won't sign with us under any circumstances"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

I want to like tua but I swear to god every time Bama is on TV he's getting up limping, then getting helped off the field because his entire lower half is apparently made of glass

Just watch the first 6-7 games before he got that initial injury. He never had the chance to get back up to 100% after that and pretty much every game he'd start off hot and then someone would be diving at the hurt leg. Or his balls.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Catfish Noodlin posted:

lol the Dolphins are going to turn around and trade for Trent Williams or something, aren't they

That would actually rule

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Kalli posted:

Yeah, you know what. For that haul it's acceptable to trade a LT.

Good job stealing a dumb man's draft picks Miami.

ONE of those 1sts ought to be able to get you a replacement. If you don't like who you get the first time try again and you're still up some picks

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

I am watching tua highlights today

I'm proud of you

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

tarbrush posted:

In related news, Dolphins gonna sign some hosed up contracts this off-season

Tua is not going to have a cent not guaranteed

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Jesus

Tua may really just have to Elway them at this rate

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

dolphins going to draft tua and the entire Bama WR corps

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Minkah will be playing the positions he excells at because he will be on a team that is attempting to win games

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Sam Darnold is the ugliest QB in the NFL

I was gonna say Big Ben but he's gone

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Imo you need at least a legit receiver so the QB (lol watch them take Herbert first overall) has an outlet. At least one solid side of the line is crucial though.

Honestly you could justify spending the entire draft on offense and doing the same for defense the following year.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

tua will fix miami

My son

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
https://ilovecitr.us/darnold/1568935914.mp4

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
no wait i got a better one

https://ilovecitr.us/darnold/1568936368.mp4

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
I feel like the Bills are in the worst position possible because their defense and Josh Allen's dumb brutish feats of athleticism are just good enough to keep them from ever getting a real QB

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Dolphins better cancel practice the rest of the year, this is loving next level

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Gase is poison. They did alright with him at first but the more acclimated he gets to being the big guy the less blame he has accepted for the mounting failures.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Jonathan Fisk posted:

serious q: would philip rivers make the bills a super bowl contender?

Imo he would need more skill players to help for a serious run but they'd be a lock for a wild card spot

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The differences between drafting Tua and drafting Justin Herbert are immense and you cannot let that happen for a meaningless win over the jets

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Democrazy posted:

Eh, if I had to pick between Tua Tagovailoa with the Dolphins’ current roster or Jake Fromm with the Bucs current roster (assuming they ditch Winston), I think I would pick Fromm. You have to factor that Tagovailoa would be going to a team that has actively cleaved itself of talent.

Ok...

But the dolphins have to get tua with the dolphins roster or Fromm with the dolphins roster.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So who's the back up now?

is mark sanchez's retirement ironclad

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

josh allen's 2019 so far:

TD's: 28th
INT's: 5th most
adjusted yards per attempt: 30th
INT%: 30th
QB Rating: 29th

Now give me a side by side with what tyrod was as their starter

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

if true people need to go to prison

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

Fitz will still win a game this year.

For what team?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

i will decide who to draft based on the results of the bama/lsu game

The one Mac Jones plays in or the one in the playoffs

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

Brady does like vrabel

That would be nice because they would probably let Brady basically do all the coaching

Could really turn the playcalls around

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Have you watched Burrow much this season?

When I watched him dismantle Florida I started questioning who we should draft.

My poor, stupid, prodigal son

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

i feel lost

Tua practices tommorow.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tua doesn’t have his arm strength but Tua can make every throw needed and he’s got such movement in the pocket. It’s great to watch

But weak ankles

Tua has ridiculous arm strength he just puts a little touch on it

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

Do you realize how QB friendly that offense is? He hasn't made a hard throw or taken a big hit this decade.

yeah anybody would be great in that unstoppable offense of turnstile linemen and street-level wide receivers

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

pasaluki posted:

I think Miami can beat the Jets. Jets have no LBs all it will take is Fitzpatrick to get hot for them to win.

Don't worry about the draft pick the indignity inflicted on the Jets is worth it.

won't effect their draft

get gase fired by hanging 50 on him, lose the second game intentionally, let the bengals beat you

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It's not just Gase, though. This has been the situation that Drake has found himself in even with Alabama.

He was sharing carries with Alabama's best ever running back

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I mean, TJ Yeldon too.

You mean for Henry or Drake?

in 2014 yeah it was just a super crowded backfield. Yeldon had a nagging ankle thing that limited his explosiveness but would see a ton of snaps anyway because he was the best pass blocker. Henry was almost a toss, sweep, or screens only guy except for in the 2nd half when they would just use him to break people down. Drake was essentially a receiver that year and had fumble issues galore as the 3rd back, like he was trying to compensate for a lack of playtime.

Drake was great in 2015 but at that point Henry had hit god mode and Saban had realized DH never got hurt or tired

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

huge game today

blow gase's rear end out IMHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The sad tragedy of it all is that gase is actually drawing up brilliant plays but he's so cross-eyed that when he shows them to the team they're running nothing like what he pictured

Like hes drawing up I formation plays but his whiteboard has the colts fake punt play on it