Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

BTW the Kalil deal is a MAX of 8.4mm. It's very heavily incentive laden.

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Xavien Howard said Preston Williams will Be Miami’s #1 receiver eventually so uh that’s a bit of a backhanded compliment to 5 other guys

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Traded by Gase next year can’t have that man freelancin’

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This is a guy who has been a starter in the past but with some injury history.... Seems like a good way to gamble with a 7th since their depth is so bad.

Or...

A guy who literally was cut from the Ravens absolutely weakest OL position

Condition must be on him making the team. Good gamble actually but I’m assuming he’s not making much

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

This is the nice thing about having sacrificial placeholder qbs. A terrible o line is a source of concern rather than terror

Not if you’re trying to determine whether Rosen is worth a poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What owner is voting democrat

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Play posted:

why does that matter? plus this isn't about how he's voting, it's about who he's holding a fundraiser for

...what is the logic behind him voting for the guy is any different than throwing a fundraiser for him? Clutching your pearls over a billionaire who votes for Trump is a push even for you, guy who posts in every single thread

And for what it matters see exact same comment above.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

is pepsi ok posted:

It's kinda funny that I'm seeing way more headlines referring to Ross as the owner of SoulCycle than the owner of the Dolphins.

I came here to say this. Is he more popular as Soulcycle guy? Am i out of touch?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Makes sense after i looked into what soul cycle was

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was hype when i watched his YouTube reel now I’m popping boners

https://mobile.twitter.com/baldynfl...006063489294336

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Apparently he's a super nice guy IRL, to the point where I think it's probably like a brain-damaged version of a Woody Paige persona adapted to the South Florida market.

Players absolutely hate him FWIW

But yeah he’s absolutely of the opinion he’s #1 writer in SoFla

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Is this actually a thing people say? If so, please tell me it's pronounced "Soufflé"

Not say, type.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This seems to be based on your wishful thinking that Allen learns how to throw the ball to league avg and that Darnold’s last 4 games last season and entire offseason was a fluke and he’s really the guy he was before the injury and even if that happens I don’t think it’s arguable that the Jets improved their team more over the offseason than the Bills did.

You’ve got Gase tho

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Darnold gonna slaughter those 3rd and 9s with execution

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
FWIW Beat writers are supporting this Clowney story but Miami refused to pay him the money he wanted, which was reportedly astronomical

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article233807042.html

Lol

Day late, Armando

quote:

A final word: Some of you on social media interrupted my awesome meal at Bern’s Steakhouse Monday evening to ask about the unsubstantiated rumor that the Dolphins are interested in Houston Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney in a trade.

And I reached out to a team source who did not dismiss potential interest. So, Interesting. Because why wouldn’t most NFL teams be interested in a player of Clowney’s caliber? But the same source was not aware Clowney is currently being shopped.

He’s pretty well connected

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 13, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This made me check the insider notes!

Apparently there was nothing more than a phone call between Miami and Houston.

Apparently Preston Williams is really slow with the system while every other receiver is doing really well with it. He’s just physically our greatest Y receiver

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stills
Grant
Parker
Williams

Zubaz Pants

1989 Lamborghini countach

What’s the unit name though?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

If i said that it was dumb (I'm sure I did because you seem to study my old posts like the Torah and I trust that you're right). Bowles was a horrific coach and Gase will definitely be an upgrade over him.

Lol every single post of yours is better than the last. You literally do anything and everything to deflect.

“Well uh yeah sure i said that but WHO LISTENS TO ME?! YOU NERD. NERD!”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

How much self flagellation is appropriate for a post that was made out of anger in a game day thread that I now have a more nuanced take on?

I think one day of it, which is today.

You’re the only one who takes yourself seriously on this stuff. Owning up to it is all that’s ever asked.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Love to post about posters

Isn’t this by its very nature ...

Wait no i meant ->

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article233952712.html

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 13, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bud if you’re attacking other coaches’ gametime decisions while defending Gase you are ignoring history

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Nothing Gase did was as laughably awful as starting Nathan Peterman.

UH

WHAT

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Already making up facts lol

Gase has MULTIPLE mutinies in his history and he’s already been involved in power struggles at his new gig. Before his first game!

Your lazy poo poo owner hired a retread rear end in a top hat who wasted the talents of Ryan Tannehill so he’s the worst imo

I think Titans will demonstrate how stupid Gase is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

It looks like Minkah (and his mom?) are not happy with his move to box safety.
https://twitter.com/minknmelissa/status/1161659610161434624

It takes a special kinda stupid to stick Minkah in a spot he struggles because he’s awesome at nearly everything so wow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is all really dumb except for Titans fans stanning for Ryan Tannehill. That's adorable.

Ryan Tannehill is adorable

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Ajayi post Gase was as JAG as JAG gets and quickly out of the league and Landry has always been massively overrated. No team will miss either of those guys.

Ajayi was a force and he’s only not playing bc of his knees. He was good when Philly traded him

And Landry being a JAG compared to that list Lolol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You say that but

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895055&perpage=40

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZUz4C6kqk

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
New found glory did a cover that’s amazing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I said the Jets were a 7-10 win team this season. The bar for what is wishful thinking in this thread where people think Josh Allen is going to be a good NFL quarterback should be WAY higher.

His insanity will be his undoing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

He can only hit them 55 times out of a hundred instead of 65, but he’s also probably the best scrambler in the league and can whip it 80 yards on the run

High risk high reward player doesn’t mean bad player

Lol no he’s not you’re delusional

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Josh Allen owns and when Daboll restructured the scheme for him coming off of injury he balled the gently caress out for the last six games of the year

He’s a gimmick player at present but good enough of one to win half his games already

Well now this i agree with

Not the top part whatever you’re jawing about

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sam looks good. This class could be legendary if Sam and Baker continue the upward trajectory and Rosen or White Cam step it up throwing the ball

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why does he always just double down on this poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
HaHA

Cleveland coming in to smite the dirty jet

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s won games himself. That’s pretty above mediocre.

Mediocre is Stills. And Crowder. And like 90% of both the Jets and dolphins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Flores is more of a shithead than Gase....

Lol now you’re really grasping at straws

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Going full on mid management company man is worse than anything I heard of Gase doing.

So you didnt read the article huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My god he’s so useless lol there goes that 6th rounder we were gonna get for him