Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mustached Demon posted:

My experience with wsu: nothing good happens in Pullman.

Also they sully the run.

Drunken lunch trey sledding on golf courses in the winter check mate binch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

Drunken lunch trey sledding on golf courses in the winter check mate binch

I did that in Moscow every winter. Best part was it wasn't in Pullman.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

JPrime posted:

I am glad I picked up on the RUN NFC gang tag but if we do survive I'm gonna need another avatar as DJ is no longer around. :(

I assure you that an amazing outdated avatar is no crime

Edit I didn’t mean to call my own av amazing I was phone posting but so be it

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I didn't know it was possible to not be accepted to either WSU or WWU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Peachfart posted:

I didn't know it was possible to not be accepted to either WSU or WWU

WWU has some admissions standards, whereas CWU and EWU don’t require essays lol

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
WSU didn't seem to have any standards, but UW and WWU didn't like my lovely GPA despite high AP scores. Don't remember needing to do an essay for the WWU application but I know I hosed up that part of my UW essay. It was supposed to be about personal growth or something and I wrote about how I used to be a piece of poo poo but after a classmate made a website about me being a piece of poo poo I learned from it and tried to be less of an rear end in a top hat. God that was a stupid choice, UW was right to reject me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I was a lazy, unmotivated high schooler and didn't get into UW either. Kinda was the spark that turned things around for me. That and because WWU was an awesome place to go to school. Cheap, quality, and in loving paradise on Earth. God I miss Bellingham.

I'm way more willing to do alumni outreach for Western than I am for my law school, hahah

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I got accepted at UW, University of Puget Sound, and Pacific Lutheran University

I chose PLU and graduated 30 years ago with a Bachelors of Fine Arts with an emphasis in painting and graphic design. At a school that was considered a top notch in business administration and computer science :lol:

They had a really good football team back then though!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I was gearing up to apply to UW until I saw out of state tuition. Mostert basically takes your wallet and runs over the Packers with it. So I went to Idaho instead.

Consequently, I married a UW grad which really hammers in how I feel about wsu.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I went to the Art Institute for video, was graduating and they said had a perfect small company to place me with, that company dicked me around and burned the entire time I could have been applying elsewhere by telling me "oh just a little more time, need to interview a few more people" week by week until I had to give up and get a day job.

One year later they contacted me to get hired because one of their editors was going on maternity leave. I told them I'm not going to just come in to cover someones mat-leave, they said noooo noo nooo it's not like that we need another person besides them...

Guess what happened then.

Really should have just gone to a community college closer to home but living in downtown that whole time was fun at least.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I had a couple friends get burned by the art institute. After the navy I went the 2 year at CC xfer to UW route. Didn't really get into college football until then. Loved the UW. I also think it is a lot easier to get in as an xfer as they are forced to accept most of your CC credits. Just takes some planning to make sure you have the pre recs for the major you want. Tho my major was Gender, Women and sexuality Studies so not too many pre recs. I ended up doing grad school at seattle u tho which I also enjoyed GET A COUNSELING PROGRAM UW

Very seattle education over here

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
I went to community college with the goal of transferring to UW but instead I went to old Oregon Tech, home of the hustling owls and the 2008 AAA basketball regional champs! gently caress you Concordia University!

Funny I grew up hating sports but this happened when I was at a barbecue with a bunch of Texans I knew in the Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQ5aw0HAQ
https://youtu.be/QVuQ5aw0HAQ

The sounds of their wails of anguish were so pure and delightful and hilarious that it lit a fire in me - the fire of caring which team wins. I realized people care deeply, and their caring made me care. Once that fire is lit sports are the best and I miss them terribly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

I was a lazy, unmotivated high schooler and didn't get into UW either. Kinda was the spark that turned things around for me. That and because WWU was an awesome place to go to school. Cheap, quality, and in loving paradise on Earth. God I miss Bellingham.

I'm way more willing to do alumni outreach for Western than I am for my law school, hahah

I still make trips up to Bellingham a couple of times a year. It helps that my girlfriend is also a WWU grad too. Heck I might even head up there on Friday!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I moved back up to Bellingham a year ago for grad school. It's so much calmer than living in the Seattle metro area, and I have zero regrets about moving back. It seems a little busier than twenty years ago, though there's fewer businesses open along the Guide Meridian (pre-coronavirus, I assume Amazon is to blame). They moved the Costco right next to the freeway, and it seems like a quarter of the license plates are Canadian (again, pre-coronavirus). All of the little movie theaters closed and consolidated into one big, nice theatre near Barkley Village. There's actually a Safeway here now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My wife reminded me that one and only one good thing happens in Pullman: canned cheese.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Mustached Demon posted:

My wife reminded me that one and only one good thing happens in Pullman: canned cheese.

cougar gold is the best

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1278785554927112192?s=21

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:nice:

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1280655655313915904?s=21

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmfaooo

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
The "run the ball 25+ times a game to win 70% of the time" stat really hosed up some NFL coaches.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It works if you have healthy and talented RBs and a decent offensive line

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Remeber the Christian Okoye kc chiefs?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

lol and :(

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Worked for the madden championship

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

It works if you have healthy and talented RBs and a decent offensive line

Also it's a horse/cart thing, teams already winning run the ball to run out the clock, so even teams that do not Establish the Run properly, add to the statistic that more runs are correlated with wins.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Seahawks just sent out a notice to the season ticket holders about options for 2020.

1 - One-year deferral of tickets (skip 2020 season) & get refund
2 - One-year deferral of tickets (skip 2020 season) & keep credit on account for 2021 tickets
3 - wait & see, keep credit to account and have priority for any 2020 ticket options and any remainder will be applied to 2021 tickets

I went with #1. Gotta take care of my chickens :schotty:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Is there an official over/under on how many games will be played this season? Or rather, how many weeks before they pull the plug?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
At the rate we're going I'm guessing zero. Significant portions of the country just plain gave up.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

Is there an official over/under on how many games will be played this season? Or rather, how many weeks before they pull the plug?

Lol the league just banned postgame jersey swaps because they think it'll help limit virus spread, they're way too in denial to come up with a number like this

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
First we must establish public health before we establish the run.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Gonna be great watching Anthony Gordon take on CJ Beathard in the divisional round. Definitely hold on to those ticket options.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/mikedugar/status/1281652934837600256?s=21

Okay

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Establish the.....Russ?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Battle to the death for Jamal Adams

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seahawks-49ers-inquired-about-jets-s-jamal-adams

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Diggs, Dunbar, Blair and Adams? Wtf kind of secondary is this?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

half cocaine posted:

Sexy

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Agreed, let Russ call the offense. And the defense/special teams. In fact, just make him the QB/coach.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Agreed, let Russ call the offense. And the defense/special teams. In fact, just make him the QB/coach.

Bill Russell Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

half cocaine posted:

Dunbar is going to jail.