Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Also

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1156983854437003264?s=20

This configuration makes me nervous, but it's not like the Rams run defense could get worse than historically bad right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

Apparently Rams are running a ton of 2TE/2WR/1RB sets in camp, hopefully working towards the goal of further establishing the run

hell fuckin yeah. Do they have any new TEs or is it still Higbee and Everett for the most part?

DariusLikewise posted:

Also

This configuration makes me nervous, but it's not like the Rams run defense could get worse than historically bad right

lol I literally just posted in the main thread that I didn't think Joseph-Day would actually get much playing time this year even though he's being hyped up. Maybe I was completely wrong

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DariusLikewise posted:

Also

Even NFC West defenses realize the importance of allowing the run to be established.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

hell fuckin yeah. Do they have any new TEs or is it still Higbee and Everett for the most part?

Higbee and Everett, but they are talking about Everett moving all over the field, playing that classic H-Back role as well as splitting out to wide receiver.

Play posted:

lol I literally just posted in the main thread that I didn't think Joseph-Day would actually get much playing time this year even though he's being hyped up. Maybe I was completely wrong

Donald played 90.41% of snaps, Ndamukong Suh 87.83% and Brockers 67.26%. I'm assuming we would either see more Brockers with Franklin-Myers coming in on passing downs or maybe Fowler coming down and playing end with Matthews and Ebukam on the outside?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wouldn't be a Seahawks training camp without our first-round pick getting a horrible injury :v:

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1157008247380832256

Play
Apr 25, 2006

if I had an ankle sprain one of the last ways I'd want it described would be "unusual". Right behind "fatal" and "degenerative"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1157008266834014208

The VMAC is cursed grounds

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm assuming we would either see more Brockers with Franklin-Myers coming in on passing downs or maybe Fowler coming down and playing end with Matthews and Ebukam on the outside?

This is what I've been hearing the most.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

if I had an ankle sprain one of the last ways I'd want it described would be "unusual". Right behind "fatal" and "degenerative"

Cue the Joey Bosa jokes

born on a buy you posted:

Rosen isn’t even going to beat 99 year old Fitzpatrick for the starting job. Murray will lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl win against the browns. Book it.

There is no reason for Miami to start Rosen now. Fitz is the ideal qb for a tank job--exciting enough to generate buzz and make games fun, crazy inconsistent enough that you can still lose even if you come out hot. He's not some low ceiling Tannehill guy who will sit in the starting spot because he's risk averse, he's absolutely someone you can bench for the savior Rosen week 6 if Rosen looks good enough.

I like a lot of what Miami is doing, hope Rosen gets good so the Pats finally have competition in that shitass division.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1156982400766763008?s=20

Goff clowning on the Chargers Pass D in practice

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

depth chart day!

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/depth-chart

in terms of cut watch... chad williams (3rd round 2017) is a 4th string WR, DJ foster (asu product) is tied for 4th string RB, pharoh cooper is 3rd string WR and 2nd string KR/PR, and brandon williams (3rd round 2016) is at 4th string CB

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Football unrelated but Paul Allen related, his Messerschmitt 262 is pretty close to being flight worthy. For those who don’t know, the ME-262 was the first flight worthy, and war worthy, jet. Paul Allen could have gone to war with a small country and won. He literally owned a Scud launcher.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/fhcams-me-262-warpaint-unveiled.html

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hey, also, Lowtax is dying. Is there a TFF discord?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bob Socko posted:

Hey, also, Lowtax is dying. Is there a TFF discord?

There is but it would be a pretty poor replacement for the forums. I think if you go near the beginning of the AFC North thread there's a link

It would be sad as hell if these forums just disappeared

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Is that just an lol lowtax spine broken shitpost or are the forums in jeopardy? I feel like there would have been a thread I missed if so.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

swims posted:

Is that just an lol lowtax spine broken shitpost or are the forums in jeopardy? I feel like there would have been a thread I missed if so.
He’s posting on Facebook about throwing up blood at 4AM.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bob Socko posted:

He’s posting on Facebook about throwing up blood at 4AM.

I've done that plenty of times, relax

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1158508982388109312

Gets to face Richard Sherman twice a year again!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sure. cards have a weird balance at WR. everyone any good plays inside and our deep threats are like, kevin white, chad williams and now michael crabtree

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hakeem Butler and Andy Isabella aren't ready to play by all accounts. They've been dropping passes and still have too much to learn coming from simplified college systems. I think that's why they're doing this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NEED SHERM TO PICK OFF A PASS INTENDED FOR CRABTREE TO ASCEND INTO THE ETHER

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Play posted:

Hakeem Butler and Andy Isabella aren't ready to play by all accounts. They've been dropping passes and still have too much to learn coming from simplified college systems. I think that's why they're doing this

Ehh, on the flip side i really doubt the first year coach yanked from college is going to expect his rookie receivers to know the entire route tree, and both of them have really specific calling cards. And neither of those guys are #1 on the depth chart anyways, it's fitz/kirk/white and only one of those guys has less than 300 yards over 3 seasons

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

NEED SHERM TO PICK OFF A PASS INTENDED FOR CRABTREE TO ASCEND INTO THE ETHER

Also need 49ers legend Sherm to murder Crabtree in a post-game interview

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Richard Sherman is living his best life. He’s a millionaire paid to play sixteen games a year, and he does it well. A quarter of those involve a chance to get revenge. And no one honestly begrudges him for it. I mean, if Richard Sherman gets a pick six against Russel Wilson and it wins the game, I’ll be sad in the moment but respect it in the long run. And if he clowns Michael Trabcree that badly again, I’d expect nothing less from all three Cardinals fans.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 6, 2019

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MakaVillian posted:

Also need 49ers legend Sherm to murder Crabtree in a post-game interview

wasn't once enough

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1158586816062083072

or not

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Fingers crossed!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

wasn't once enough

lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

wasn't once enough

lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

Ehh, on the flip side i really doubt the first year coach yanked from college is going to expect his rookie receivers to know the entire route tree, and both of them have really specific calling cards. And neither of those guys are #1 on the depth chart anyways, it's fitz/kirk/white and only one of those guys has less than 300 yards over 3 seasons

I think they were hoping that at least one of them would be ready to start by the regular season, but after a few weeks of camp it's clear they aren't ready. That's what the word from camp was anyways, for what it's worth, and Kevin White is a pretty big question mark himself. Looks like they decided not to go with Crabtree though. Honestly he's old and slow now.

Besides which, Kingsbury said that he wants to keep 7 wide receivers, so he's looking around to see what he can get on the cheap. Last year they didn't have much at wide receiver so I think it's a smart move.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

born on a buy you posted:

Rosen isn’t even going to beat 99 year old Fitzpatrick for the starting job. Murray will lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl win against the browns. Book it.

:yeah:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Trying to come up with an All-NFCW team, to see if it could beat other divisions:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Todd Gurley (for 1 more year lol), Chris Carson, Matt Breida
WR: Robert Woods, Tyler Lockett
TE: George Kittle
T: Andrew Whitworth, Joe Staley
G: Austin Blythe, DJ Fluker
C: Justin Britt

Obviously top heavy with Rams and Seahawks (hooray Kittle). Dang Arizona's o-line looks real bad. Tyler Lockett was the top rated receiver by DVOA last year (though his total yards are lacking due to the tried and true commitment to establishing the run) hence his inclusion. The rest of the WR lineup would probably be filled out by Rams players.

Defense:
DE: Chandler Jones, Arik Armstead
DT: Aaron Donald, DeForest Buckner
LBs: Bobby Wagner, Cory Littleton, KJ Wright
CB: Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman
FS: Eric Weddle
SS: Budda Baker

More variety here. Donald and Wagner make up the top players in their field.

P: Hekker / Dickson
K: Greg Zuerlein

Hekker and Dickson were pro bowlers. You could rotate out Zuerlein for Myers or Gould and still be in a good shape.

Is this a division that runs the gamut against the rest of the league? Its top heavy as hell for sure. I didnt include any rookies since I'm not gonna fall for the hype, yet.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

swearinger, david johnson, larry. charles clay? kirk was on pace for 800 yards which is incredible in that offense as a rookie.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hifi posted:

swearinger, david johnson, larry. charles clay? kirk was on pace for 800 yards which is incredible in that offense as a rookie.

Thought a bit about including Larry, but he's not in his prime anymore :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Looking at this division's receivers I can see why you try to establish the run :v:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

He had 700 yards in a completely putrid offense and almost 1200 the year before

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The WRs are the Rams guys, this is canon

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Trying to come up with an All-NFCW team, to see if it could beat other divisions:

Obviously top heavy with Rams and Seahawks (hooray Kittle). Dang Arizona's o-line looks real bad. Tyler Lockett was the top rated receiver by DVOA last year (though his total yards are lacking due to the tried and true commitment to establishing the run) hence his inclusion. The rest of the WR lineup would probably be filled out by Rams players.

Put David Johnson in on the RB depth chart. WRs can be Woods, Cooks, Lockett, Pettis. Get McVay and Shanahan working together again to draw up the scheme.

Also put Duane Brown at LG and Blythe at RG

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Defense:
DE: Chandler Jones, Arik Armstead
DT: Aaron Donald, DeForest Buckner
LBs: Bobby Wagner, Cory Littleton, KJ Wright
CB: Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman
FS: Eric Weddle
SS: Budda Baker

More variety here. Donald and Wagner make up the top players in their field.

P: Hekker / Dickson
K: Greg Zuerlein

Hekker and Dickson were pro bowlers. You could rotate out Zuerlein for Myers or Gould and still be in a good shape.

Is this a division that runs the gamut against the rest of the league? Its top heavy as hell for sure. I didnt include any rookies since I'm not gonna fall for the hype, yet.

The Athletic writers who cover these teams actually voted on an all NFC West team. Looking quickly through it, the differences:

Brandin Cooks takes the second WR spot with Lockett coming third in the voting.

Guard is completely different with JR Sweezy and Laken Tomlinson

Dee Ford takes the second edge spot

Aqib Talib edges out Sherman for second CB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

baker was at SS even at the athletic? he's not afraid to hit guys but he plays more like mathieu than swearinger or adrian wilson. and even then last year he was basically just a deep cover guy because our defensive schemes sucked rear end and didn't let him play.