Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Love 2 have no defensive line :whitewater:

Not a big deal that the top draft pick is missing preseason, no sirree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

if I had an ankle sprain one of the last ways I'd want it described would be "unusual". Right behind "fatal" and "degenerative"

Cue the Joey Bosa jokes

born on a buy you posted:

Rosen isn’t even going to beat 99 year old Fitzpatrick for the starting job. Murray will lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl win against the browns. Book it.

There is no reason for Miami to start Rosen now. Fitz is the ideal qb for a tank job--exciting enough to generate buzz and make games fun, crazy inconsistent enough that you can still lose even if you come out hot. He's not some low ceiling Tannehill guy who will sit in the starting spot because he's risk averse, he's absolutely someone you can bench for the savior Rosen week 6 if Rosen looks good enough.

I like a lot of what Miami is doing, hope Rosen gets good so the Pats finally have competition in that shitass division.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:siren: SCHOTTY HAS DISCOVERED THAT RBS CAN CATCH PASSES :siren:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1158883926812721152

Interesting loophole, maybe he thinks it's still a run if the pass is to a running back

I'm reminded of week 3 last year against the Cowboys when people realized the team hadn't been using play action basically at all. Pete was like, "we'll talk about using more play action" and Schotty went "whatever you say boss" and played a poo poo ton of it the rest of the season.

He's like a child who discovers how to do something new with their arms and proceeds to do the same thing 40 times

Also trying very hard not to get too hype about DK

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1158807470547976192

...and failing

God, I can't wait for football

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

Jazz Ferguson

Jazz Hands

Yeah, we’ve got something to work with there. Fingers crossed.

Jazz hands sound like a terrible way to catch a football though

Man, WR cuts are going to be rough this year.
Like, they're almost certainly keeping five already, Lockett, Moore, Jaron Brown, Metcalf, Jennings. So unless there's a surprise cut of Brown (against what team has been saying), Moore (was very productive til he hit the rookie wall), or Jennings (4th rounder people seem excited about) then it's a lot of competition for one spot.

Probably down to Ursua and Ferguson, with tiebreaker being who they think will sneak onto the practice squad. But that also leaves out Keenan Reynolds, who seems versatile and useful.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah Clowney isn't happening. After Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham I think Carroll and Schneider are over big trades for high upside athletes. They want young cheap potential or older role players.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

I, too, have run establishment charts

I mean I agree but

Wasn't that second pic after beating Green Bay in the NFCCG though

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You have to admit, it sounds like a very Washington or NYJ move, in that it would be a flashy acquisition that would also be very stupid for either of them

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

guys help

my Seahawks flag is too big for my flagpole and also my fiancée is unsure about Seahawks flags in general

you uh

you SURE we're still talking about football here?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chichevache posted:

Theres a house in my neighborhood with Chief's, Bronco's, and Charger's flags on a pole together on top of the house. This is firmly Raider's territory. :wtc:

So basically they really hate the Raiders and want them to suffer as much as possible

As if the Raiders need help making that happen

Anyway hope DK is okay but I'm not worried about the offense. Russ to Carson, Lockett, Brown and Moore was perfectly adequate last year, and I like the looks of a few of the new guys. It's the defense I'm worried about. No pass rush to speak of without blitzing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Finger Prince posted:

Oh yeah, that was massive! Perfect timing.

How on Earth did he know? Must have been looking at the returner's hands and eyes, right? There's no way he could guess that.

Seahawks preseason game was fine, first team offense looked good. Dissly played, which was :toot:. Depth looked real bad, mostly because the o line depth was terrible--but most of those guys aren't making the team.

Ethan Pocic filled in with the 1st team and looked good, which is massively encouraging. He's very versatile and has the skills to play any interior line position, but he's never had the size. Him improving makes me feel much better about the line's resilience.

The defense looks kinda bad overall, but they'll shut more things down with the starting LBs out there. Definitely going to see more blitzes this year though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Gotta say, the 1s on offense looked great, albeit against the Chargers backups on D line. O line is big, tough, and actually looks like it knows what it's doing. Russ looks exceptionally comfortable, and is even keeping the ball more than he has in years. ETR, no matter who you are.

The defense, on the other hand, is going to be a problem outside of the linebackers.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Painkiller posted:

I think they want him back, but if they cut him now and sign him after week one his contract isn't guaranteed.

Yeah he's a vet so he's not subject to waivers. Team likely asked him to stick around and wait for a contract once they can free the roster spot, I bet he'll be on the roster soon. But he's more expensive than the others guys he's competing with and has made plenty of mistakes to go with the big plays.

Anyway what the hell is this, please don't tell me you did what I think you did Schneider

https://twitter.com/GermainX1/status/1167686163144085504?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1167821736672407553?s=19

... linebackers??? How does that fit Houston's needs at all?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This is an incredible steal pending who the players being sent out are.

Like, unless it’s Wagner or something then this is dope.

It's loving Mingo and Jacob Martin lmaooooo

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1167827154970845185?s=19

I'm loving cackling

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kensei posted:

Mingo was likely going to get cut, I like Martin but if you can get a dude like Clowney for him, you have to do it. The Hawks still have a great LB core and now have a monster front 7. This is a great feeling for the season.

Not to mention: https://twitter.com/EvanHillSEA/status/1167830955010084866?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Genuinely shocking. The team has very little experience in the wr corps now. Rolling with Lockett and three rookies? I don't know.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Who the gently caress is the backup? Russ is the only QB on the roster. Are they bringing him back after putting someone on IR?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

Isn’t one of our rookies a converted quarterback who played for one of the military colleges? Maybe they’ll use him?

Keenan Reynolds didn't make it either. Nor did JT Barrett.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Maybe they'll bring back Golden Tate, he's known to have covered the same territory as Russ

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

I like how Marsh and Malcolm Smith are still coasting off being "LOB guys" even though they were arguably the worst players on that defense

That's Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith, to you!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

So they re-signed Jaron Brown? I think I remember someone saying they cut him but maybe it was just roster shenanigans

Yeah, same thing they did with Geno Smith. It's a risk (see Tom Johnson last year) but apparently the team is pretty comfortable trying it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

:same: but for Niners

poo poo yeah, at least we got that ring out of it

gently caress Jim Harbaugh with his $9 khakis

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Pretty sure the literal rapist is a much worse jersey choice than people whose biggest crimes were being bad at football

And Jerramy Stevens was also bad at football

:agreed: Jerramy Stevens can go to hell

EmbryoSteve posted:

I like to wear my old busted ET rookie jersey that i legit got his rookie year. It's the 2000s colors so everyone knows I'm no bandwagoner. Feels like busting out a 1st edition Pokemon card.

Today I am wearing my ESTABLISH THE RUN shirt. It was funny trying to explain to my wife why I find the shirt cool and good and wtf establish the run means.

Also this is my last baby free weekend. My daughter is being delivered on the 13th. So I said gently caress it and got a single ticket to the Bengals game. Gonna get some of that J&M brunch before the game hell yeab

Congrats dude, that's awesome. My daughter was born at the end of last September, I have a good pic of her sleeping on me with Seabass celebrating the gamewinner vs Carolina behind her. She's going to be a LITTLE more active this season.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

After you put it on did your whisper to her 'we want the ball and we're gonna score'.

He'd better have, I say it basically every time I see him mentioned

Oh Al Harris, you gave us exactly what we deserved

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Huh. Thought I heard he'd played pretty well in preseason, wonder how nobody picked him up.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1170405814722596865?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mustached Demon posted:

They're the Mets of the NFL aren't they?

Happy the 49ers won.

The Mariners, actually

DK Metcalf rules, Tedric Thompson absolutely does not. Seattle's game plan is bad as usual, but that's how the first four games go with this team. A win is the most we can ever hope for.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Carroll believed in establishing the run, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning-- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

A lot of the impressions from the league seem to be that the Bengals are utter trash and Seattle is looking bad for winning by a single point in a medium scoring game.

I'm not sure if I'd go that far because I really was impressed by the Bengals we saw. They're not a great team, but they played well yesterday and we know John Ross is one of the speediest players in the game period.

I also think the predictable cover 4 defense the Hawks were coming out in was not helping them, it was too basic and allowed Andy and Zac to pick the gaps apart and move down the field. There's something to be said for keeping the play in front of you but there's also something to be said for getting loving stops and being aggressive.

Ticky-tack PI call notwithstanding, it looked like things got better when they switched back to man coverage. The team played like poo poo but I'm not worried, they always take a while to shake things out for whatever reason. Tedric may be this season's Cary Williams though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone soon.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Run abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that, knowin' it's out there. The Run. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 11, 2019

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ifedi is just...eugh. I know he has some use but I'll be glad when he's gone.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Establish this as the TFF background please, mods

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is it metcalf somehow cuz carson sucks rear end

Uh are you confusing Carson with Penny or something cause Carson kicks rear end

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

ooh im sorry see he actually sucks

Man that's not even a spicy take or good trolling or w/e, it's just a confusingly wrong opinion

Anyway, beginning to see how Lions fans felt about this guy last season

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1173148194374483968?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shindragon posted:

gently caress the Steelers forever and ever. AMEN.

https://youtu.be/wlbXV8FwrH8

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I can't believe the Seahawks won

They *never* win their road opener!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

Can’t wait for next season when we’ll be Ifedi-free.

He's been really concerning, the weakest part of the team so far. It's a shame, he seemed to improve last year but has regressed badly so far. Hopefully the team is thinking about his replacement, not his extension.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

Seahawks are letting fans vote on the greatest single play in team history - link, with videos. The choices are:

* Winning that trash-rear end 2014 NFCCG
* Richard Sherman’s tip in the non-trash 2013 NFCCG
* Beastquake
* Steve Largent laying out that dude in the 80s

Greatest single play is the Beastquake. The true debut of the Carroll era, the first major sign we were onto something, and (oh yeah) one of the handful of most outstanding plays in NFL history, period.

Anyway, shameful lack of run establishing from Carroll here. Say what you will about the Niners, they're keeping the faith:

https://twitter.com/TJHernandez/status/1174408885618110464?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

Bengals and Panthers :psyduck:

Bengals hired a McVay understudy and are trying that thing.

Panthers...are dumb, but also their best offensive player right now is a pass catching running back which probably explains some of that number.

E. I mean it's early, too, so there is some SSS here. CIN abandoned the run vs SEA because the SEA D is much better against the run than the pass. Against SF they didn't have much neutral game script at all, and you don't tend to run when you're losing. Add in Mixon being hurt and you may as well air raid.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 19, 2019

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

God drat has it really been 10 years since Beast Quake :psyduck:

I was in law school, so...yeah, guess so. :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!