Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

gently caress the Skins
gently caress the Eagles
gently caress the Cowboys

But most importantly, gently caress the Giants and gently caress my life

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Doltos posted:

He's 24 and put up a 1k yard season with the same catch rate as Alshon and more TDs lol

iF yOu TaKe AwAy HiS 217 aNd 180 YaRd GaMeS hE's PrEtTy BaD

Superbowl rings:

Alshon - 1

Cooper - 0

only stat that matters imo :colbert:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
youre right :smirk:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Febreeze posted:

gently caress the Skins
gently caress the Eagles

I would also like to agree with this post.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Febreeze posted:

gently caress the Skins
gently caress the Eagles

see, i told you they're still around. and also that they mostly come into the thread to accurately bemoan the state of the giants and their own lives

take heart friend. at least you've got Saquon

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
We are gonna waste Saquon's best years and coagulate into a middling team that can't win more than 7 games and have to rebuild everything in like 2022 and all of this will be a sloppy boring team not worth watching

I count myself lucky to have witnessed two SBs because I can't imagine how depressing it would feel to be in this position without that fuzzy nostalgia to fall back on

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*extremely Rocky Balboa voice* WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW, THAT I'M AFRAID? THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I'M AFRAID?

that's how I feel about Wentz this season

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Febreeze posted:

We are gonna waste Saquon's best years and coagulate into a middling team that can't win more than 7 games and have to rebuild everything in like 2022 and all of this will be a sloppy boring team not worth watching

I count myself lucky to have witnessed two SBs because I can't imagine how depressing it would feel to be in this position without that fuzzy nostalgia to fall back on

well, yeah but......

i got nothing

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

*extremely Rocky Balboa voice* WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW, THAT I'M AFRAID? THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I'M AFRAID?

that's how I feel about Wentz this season

Why are you afraid about Wentz? He's awesome. Just enjoy it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Febreeze posted:

I haven’t seen a superbowl for my team since 95 :smith: :romo:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Dallas Goedert has thoughts on his place in the NFL tight end hierarchy:

quote:

On how many NFL teams would Goedert be the number one tight end right now?

“Hmm, that kind of puts me on the spot,” Goedert said. “But I’d say 29.”

Twenty-nine out of 32.

“Yeah, I haven’t beat out Zach yet. And I’ll give it to [Kansas City’s] Travis Kelce for being Travis Kelce. And I’ll give it to [San Francisco’s George] Kittle. What he did last year was pretty impressive. I’m not saying I’m not better than him, but he had a pretty good year,” Goedert said.

“Those are three pretty good tight ends. Just put me at number four and I’ll be content.”

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I'm the cowboys

Play
Apr 25, 2006

TeeMerk posted:

I'm the cowboys

in that case, gently caress you?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Play posted:

in that case, gently caress you?

Rack'em

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Well at least the Cowboys have Witten if Elliott holds out for the year...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shyfted One posted:

Well at least the Cowboys have Witten if Elliott holds out for the year...

Fully supporting Elliott's holdout. Please sit out all year, Zeke.

SweetAl13
Jun 4, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Going to the Eagles game tonight. Could not be happier that football is back.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Cool, I recommend the ceramic one hit pipes, the ones that look like little cigarettes, for smooth travel through the metal detectors.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
New to the Linc this year: a sensory overload room.

I feel like if your kid has autism and is prone to sensory overload, you should probably just not take them to big sporting events. But I can't fault the team's desire and commitment.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vengarr posted:

New to the Linc this year: a sensory overload room.

I feel like if your kid has autism and is prone to sensory overload, you should probably just not take them to big sporting events. But I can't fault the team's desire and commitment.

It's definitely for less severe cases, yeah. Probably a kid who has autism but loves football and really wants to go, it gives people some peace of mind. I certainly hope dad isn't dragging his autistic children to the stadium just so he can catch the game though lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Daniel Jones next Tom Brady. 5-5 and a TD in pre-season. Lock it in.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

davecrazy posted:

Daniel Jones next Tom Brady. 5-5 and a TD in pre-season. Lock it in.

What are his opinions on strawberries?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants loving rule

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

In other NFC East backup news:

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1159665711977025537?s=19

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

loving lol. Why in the world did he land like that? I think what we saw out of Thorson should tell us that if Sudfeld is going to miss more time, we need to sign someone.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Daniel Jones draws his strength from the storms

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ELO Musk posted:

loving lol. Why in the world did he land like that? I think what we saw out of Thorson should tell us that if Sudfeld is going to miss more time, we need to sign someone.

Yeah I just saw that play, really dumb move by him. It's natural to want to put your hands out but you just can't do it as a football player.

He was really looking decent too. I was thinking that he could do an at least respectable job if he had to come in

e: Daeshon Hall got injured too after he was having a really nice game

Play fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 9, 2019

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It means absolutely nothing because preaseason but DJ ending his first game with a perfect rating ruled, especially after watching Haskins throw two picks

Also finally seeing the Jets new uniforms in motion: they are bland crap

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Time to sign, uh, Sam Bradford?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Febreeze posted:

It means absolutely nothing because preaseason but DJ ending his first game with a perfect rating ruled, especially after watching Haskins throw two picks

Also finally seeing the Jets new uniforms in motion: they are bland crap

Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield also posted perfect ratings. I'm not saying anything in particular I just thought that was cool

Haskins wasn't so bad either. He made some really sweet throws, one awful throw and another one that wasn't a great throw and the receiver didn't run the right route. It seems he can move better than I thought which is good. His deep throws were particularly nice, he made a bunch of nice throws but that wheel route throw for the first pick was one of the worst I've ever seen. He's a rookie, basically.

Play fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 9, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Time to sign, uh, Sam Bradford?

Somewhere, a phone rings. A man answers.

It’s still not Colin Kapernick.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’d love Kaep but would he even want to play at this point? I think Bradford for a low price or maybe Josh McCown wants to hold a clipboard.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ELO Musk posted:

I think Bradford for a low price or maybe Josh McCown wants to hold a clipboard.

well that's fuckin grim

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm carefully monitoring this thread for Clayton Thorson Slander and taking names.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 10, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The beat writers aren't sure he's even going to make the team. Which is uhhhh...bad news for a 5th-round pick.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Clayton Thorson is pretty cool because he makes me look back fondly upon players like Matt Barkley.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how dare you, the man is a Big Ten West Champion

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Clayton Thorson and Donnel Pumphrey are two Eagles picks I did not understand from the moment I watched film of them. They were both guys who I guess put up lots of numbers because they played a lot of games but when you watch video of them you see absolutely nothing special at all. I obviously know nothing relative to the Eagles scouts but in both cases it really makes you wonder what the hell they were seeing.

And I'm usually someone who errs on the side of thinking all Eagles picks will be pro-bowlers.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ELO Musk posted:

I’d love Kaep but would he even want to play at this point? I think Bradford for a low price or maybe Josh McCown wants to hold a clipboard.

Of all the names I can find I'd say Brock Osweiler makes the most sense.

I didn't know there was a "Vincent Testaverde" out there

https://nfltraderumors.co/2019-nfl-free-agents-list/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Of all the names I can find I'd say Brock Osweiler makes the most sense.

I didn't know there was a "Vincent Testaverde" out there

https://nfltraderumors.co/2019-nfl-free-agents-list/

You can also keep an eye on the preseason. There are some QBs out there who are looking okay and at least a few of them will probably not make the actual team. Ryan Griffin actually looked nice for the bucs yesterday and they also have Blaine Gabbert. There will also probably be some rookie free agents that might be worth looking at after final cut downs