Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

A little toooo erotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Such raw songs about having borderline personality disorder. Very brave

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

SpaceAceJase posted:

Such raw songs about having borderline personality disorder. Very brave

Isn't this moronic, don't you think?

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPaPliSW3no

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I was in high school in the 90s and our art teacher would turn the radio on while we worked and that Ironic song and Sheryl Crow's All I Wanna Do played nonfuckingstop. The 90s sucked.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Vastarien posted:

I was in high school in the 90s and our art teacher would turn the radio on while we worked and that Ironic song and Sheryl Crow's All I Wanna Do played nonfuckingstop. The 90s sucked.

nah you’re just remembering the lame parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Just a reminder that Deadpool let this beauty slip through his fingers.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK

Vastarien posted:

The 90s gave us the best rap music. It also gave us Ween. The 90s owned, basically.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Toxic Mental posted:

my teacher cried while reading The Cay

what is it with teachers and crying while reading

My teacher cried while reading something from “Chicken Soup for the Soul” and she tried to pass it off to us as something that actually happened, and years later I found out the story was fiction

gently caress those books

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

The Chicken Soups were fiction!?!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Kak posted:

remember when david spade did weekend update and made fun of her "monster box" after she made that naked music video

David spade is 3 foot 2. He would think a halfling would have a big box.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Kazak posted:

The Chicken Soups were fiction!?!

To my great shame, I wrote all volumes of "Chicken Soup" in one fever-fueled weekend. i don't even remember what I was writing to be honest

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

She was a real good casting choice, celebrity aside

Hey FAU, what do think about Flea playing bass for the studio version of Jagged Little Pill?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My wife likes her, but she's also Canadian so I think she has some kind of obligation to it. Plus if you're like 35+ there is a rule that you have to like one 90's act unironically (lol get it) and you get a free pass on it. Mine is Sublime. Well poo poo happens.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

Mine is Sublime.

sorry for your loss

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
An unfortunate slight.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Dell_Zincht posted:

Just a reminder that Deadpool let this beauty slip through his fingers.

the more i look at this sentence, the more bad it is

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Alanis with short hair and old makes me feel old

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

oh dope posted:

That last picture looks precisely like my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Farenbach. She was pregnant most of the year, and she cried while we read "Where The Red Fern Grows" as a class.

I cried when I read that book to my young son a few years ago.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

My wife likes her, but she's also Canadian so I think she has some kind of obligation to it. Plus if you're like 35+ there is a rule that you have to like one 90's act unironically (lol get it) and you get a free pass on it. Mine is Sublime. Well poo poo happens.

I like Nirvana :smuggo: :dukedog:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyOuxbfpNY

also I like his version of "you oughtta know"in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwKSN8pSq8g

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
She played God once in Dogma.

She booped a nose too.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

GORDON posted:

I cried when I read that book to my young son a few years ago.

I mean the book is ok. They just kind of kill raccoons haphazardly and cut down trees to the point they encroach onto a mountain lion

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

sorry for your loss

We all have a cross to bear, DaRude Sandstrum soldier.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Big Beef City posted:

Oh poo poo, I have to pick one I suppose. I was big into Alice in Chains, but I feel like that was a legit good act, so maybe they're not a good choice. Rammstein, perhaps?

It's reassuring to hear that. I'm listening to Herzeleid for the first time in god knows how long and... it holds up.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

oh dope fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 31, 2019

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Naught wrong with the 'Stein

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

We all have a cross to bear, DaRude Sandstrum soldier.

*salutes*
*presses F to pay respects*

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Seriously though I didn't know she met Kurt Cobain

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Toxic Mental posted:

my teacher cried while reading The Cay

what is it with teachers and crying while reading

I had an English teacher cry while reading us a story from Reader’s Digest about a guy getting his foot and arm chopped off by some farm equipment then dragging his bloody mess body across the field to find help. Like huge, blubbering sobs. It was super uncomfortable. Apparently he read this story to his class every year and broke down like that every time. I could not fathom why he wanted to do this other than to have a classroom of horrified kids watch him cry like a baby.

But back to Alanis, I always likes that song “all I really want” because her singing is so over the top, weird 90s white girl yodeling thing like she was trying to sound like Sinead O’Connor but arrived at something totally different.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Alan Is Morissette

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The song Alanis Morissette by Wesley Willis is a good song.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Lucky bastard. I got stuck with Semisonic.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Rad-daddio posted:

My wife likes wu tang and mobb deep. I'm good for this.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Always too hot
Never too cold
You make your best shot
Too hot to hold

They can't all be Hemingway.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

Alanis with short hair and old makes me feel old

How to unequip old from character tia

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ralph Hurley posted:

I had an English teacher cry while reading us a story from Reader’s Digest about a guy getting his foot and arm chopped off by some farm equipment then dragging his bloody mess body across the field to find help. Like huge, blubbering sobs. It was super uncomfortable. Apparently he read this story to his class every year and broke down like that every time. I could not fathom why he wanted to do this other than to have a classroom of horrified kids watch him cry like a baby.

But back to Alanis, I always likes that song “all I really want” because her singing is so over the top, weird 90s white girl yodeling thing like she was trying to sound like Sinead O’Connor but arrived at something totally different.

drat that dude should have bought cheaper equipment

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Hey FAU, what do think about Flea playing bass for the studio version of Jagged Little Pill?
whatever kept him from playing RHCP songs for a bit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rad-daddio posted:

Good news, you could sneak Fastball in there and nobody would tell

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Big Beef City posted:

Mine is the Melvins. They're still around and still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Everybody has heard the rumor about Uncle Joey and "You Oughta Know" but there's a second song also rumored to be about a member of Full House. Many believe that her song "I'm fuckin' John Stamos" is about the actor who played Uncle Jesse on the show. Others have interpreted the song as meaning that she and Stamos are the same person.