Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the incomplete @yospos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gamers, a rational and reasonable bunch.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
He’s now leaning full on into the puppet master defense, like he’s doing an Andy Kauffman bit lol

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

He’s now leaning full on into the puppet master defense, like he’s doing an Andy Kauffman bit lol

Yes of course, all TWENTY THOUSAND of his tweets were planned, as a joke. Ha ha.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Imagine still being committed to the console wars in TYOOL 2020.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

1stGear posted:

I keep having this thought and it just baffles me.

The only somewhat reasonable explanation I can come up with is that there are poor people out these that can only afford one console and wrap too much of their identity around it.

...but then again, if nothing is being taken away (like the Horzion PC port) then getting upset means you have the biggest of brain worms.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My favourite fake melt-down was the guy who shoved a remote control up his bum.

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007
Wait, so he's buying a $500 gaming PC just so he can play the game again? Surely he's already played it on PS4, right? He could play it again on PS4.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

1stGear posted:

Somewhere in the jungles of Borneo an aged man exits to civilization after his long lonely vigil, still wearing his Sega military regalia. He asks a confused passerby, Did we win?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Somewhere in the jungles of Borneo an aged man exits to civilization after his long lonely vigil, still wearing his Sega military regalia. He asks a confused passerby, Did we win?
His brother who he hasn't seen in ages takes him aside, walking forward while surreptitiously drawing a pistol from behind his back. Fighting back tears he says "Tell me about the hedgehog Lennie*, tell me about the hedgehog."

*Hiroo Onada, yes I got your reference

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Mar 12, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

His brother who he hasn't seen in ages takes him aside, walking forward while surreptitiously drawing a pistol from behind his back. Fighting back tears he says "Tell me about the hedgehog Lennie*, tell me about the hedgehog."

*Hiroo Onada, yes I got your reference

When he went, he went fast.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1stGear posted:

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots on the forum, protesting me, spitting. Calling me noob and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

lol there's probably some old Japanese dude on an island in the pacific somewhere just ready to shoot down anyone holding a Magnavox Odyssey

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

1stGear posted:

You can take the veteran out of the war but you can't take the war out of the veteran...smdh

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A man with a painted face waits deep inside an abandoned Funcoland. They call him... Jaguar.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I'm from PC Gamer and I say kill 'em all!

Pneub has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Mar 13, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yuji Naka is flown out to relieve the man of his duty, to end his fighting. The man surrenders with his fighting spirit unbroken, he may no longer posses his Justifier or his Batter Up Bat, but he chants the teachings of Segata Sanshiro to cheering crowds when he lands.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Stolar sagged miserably. "It's no use. Let's cut it out. Let's stop kidding
ourselves."

"What do you mean?"

"Face it! We're not going to win, not this time. We went too far. Our time's come."

There was silence.

Segata sat up a little. "When did you know?"

"I've known a long time. We're here because we've got more bits. But now we don't. We're being beaten."

"They know blast processing isn't real. Like any other marketing buzzword." Bernie Stolar's face was gray and flabby. "We took their gamers away from them. Now they're taking them back. It'll be a while, of course. We'll retreat slowly. It'll be another few years going back. There's a lot of upgrades we can add to the Genesis between now and then to keep it going."

Segata shook his head, still uncomprehending. "Even Sony and Microsoft. All of them. Waiting for their time to come. For us to lose and go away again. Where we came from."

Bernie Stolar paced back and forth. "Yeah, we'll be retreating from now on. Giving ground, instead of taking it. It'll be like this today--losing fights, draws. Stalemates and worse."

He raised his feverish eyes toward the ceiling of the little metal housing unit, face wild with passion and misery.

"But, by God, we'll give them a run for their money. All the way back! Every last bit!"

FutureCop has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Mar 13, 2020

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
“Did..did we do what nintendidn’t Mama?”

*Dies

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am phone posting but games are threatening a lawsuit because Jill is wearing shorts rather a skirt. This is false advertising they claim

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I thought she wore long trousers in the new game?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

CommissarMega posted:

I thought she wore long trousers in the new game?

Her classic costume is more like her outfit in the original game, but has shorts instead of a miniskirt.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Not sure if this counts as a 'meltdown' but drat if it isn't a stupid angry take about the talking animals video game

I never verified whether this particular guy was joking or not, but the sheer quantity of people echoing the sentiment in that thread makes me struggle to believe all were joking. Also a lot of 'my children are INCAPABLE of sharing and I REFUSE to attempt to teach them'

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Volcott posted:

Her classic costume is more like her outfit in the original game, but has shorts instead of a miniskirt.
It's even worse than that. They turned it into a skort, so it looks the same as the original miniskirt, unless you try to look up it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Volcott posted:

Ah, right then- I've only seen her in her default top and trousers.

Knormal posted:

It's even worse than that. They turned it into a skort, so it looks the same as the original miniskirt, unless you try to look up it.

I've learned a new word! :haw:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

Jill's classic RE3 costume was always loving stupid.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Too bad that doesn’t give a creep achievement like Lollipop Chainsaw so it’s public knowledge you spent time trying.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Here is some long rear end old-school tea about grown-rear end people fighting like teenagers over Harry Potter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DZd78WLQY&t=156s

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Violet_Sky posted:

Here is some long rear end old-school tea about grown-rear end people fighting like teenagers over Harry Potter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DZd78WLQY&t=156s

That was an hour of absolute nonsense which I definitely could have spent doing literally anything else and been better off for it, but I still enjoyed the ride. Thank you!

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Not so much a meltdown, but

Plato posted:

Aeschylus is talking nonsense when he says that it was Achilles who was in love with Patroclus, because Achilles was more beautiful not only than Patroclus, but than all the heroes, and his beard was not yet grown, moreover he was much younger, as Homer says.

Yes, that's one of the Great Thinkers and Founders of Western Philosophy taking time in the Symposium to drop shade about *fandom drama* over which member of their OTP was the bottom.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Love a good talking animals meltdown

Bonus, it's a whole thread

https://twitter.com/MHArcadia/status/1255550152791687170

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Man, Animal Crossing making it big in quarantine is not something I was expecting.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh it's the perfect quarantine game! To the extent where I'd swear Nintendo did COVID-19 as a marketing ploy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Getting upset other people are playing their singleplayer game differently than you is making me laugh really hard.

HWAET: nonesuch goodness is found in souls who skip the boast of beowulf and his race with Breka in the telling.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Barudak posted:

Getting upset other people are playing their singleplayer game differently than you is making me laugh really hard.

HWAET: nonesuch goodness is found in souls who skip the boast of beowulf and his race with Breka in the telling.

It's 2020 and one still occasionally sees people and even goons complaining about the fact that games even have an easy mode and free saving lmao xd.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's 2020 and one still occasionally sees people and even goons complaining about the fact that games even have an easy mode and free saving lmao xd.

And don't get me started on fast travel! :bahgawd:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'll agree with the very angry anime about it being extremely hard to go near the ac fan community without having spoilers and walk-throughs shoved in your face, I even have had to tell my own friends not to send me checklists of the content that changes when the month does so I can discover it for myself, but that's like... So trivial, just don't go near that community :shrug:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's really weird to see manchildren forget what it's like to be a kid.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The easy mode gatekeeping comes down to bigotry because men who tow the party line of gatekeeping believe non-white/non-cis/non-straight people are lesser. That’s all.

While not quite a meltdown, I think this is a related topic: The Ballad of Msscribe breaks down a massive drama of early 00s Harry Potter fandom in which one person created a dozen-plus sockpuppet accounts with the purpose of getting attention and becoming a “BNF” - big name fan - among Harry Potter fanfiction writers. All those involved were adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

All those involved were adults.

That is very charitable of you.