Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

We've all experienced moments of frustration with media and choices made by writers, directors, actors, artists, and so on. But some people take their frustrations way too far.

From TV show fans going crazy about season finales to book fans complaining about that one crappy book that just didn't understand the character as they did, please post your favorite fan meltdowns.

To start, I'll never forget the "vagina bones" comment made by some anime guys complaining about Western censorship about their game (or TV show, I don't know). Actually, any anime fan decrying censorship is pretty drat funny.

Another good one for me is the Brazilian loss to Germany during the 2014 FIFA World Cup. 7-1 to Germany and the host country, Brazil, falling apart in tears and shattered morale. Pictures of fans crying, newspaper editorials asking what the hell happened after buying into their own hype, and much more.

Edit: Wrong thread tag. That's what I get for phone posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Not exactly a "meltdown" but a loooot of Smash Bros. fans got upset recently when a new DLC fighter was announced and it was another Fire Emblem character.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Man, Animal Crossing making it big in quarantine is not something I was expecting.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Between Ubisoft defending sexual harassers and Nintendo fans demanding Nintendo Directs everywhere, this year has been a great one for videogame fan meltdowns.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Steve from Minecraft making it into Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers shut down Twitter. If there is any definition of an entertainment meltdown, this is it.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

oh poo poo, that's real? I thought it was just a joke or meme that was coming back for a bit. Neat.
To be fair, when I heard the news I was working and Twitter was already working for me when I checked, so it's all secondhand information. If it did 404 Twitter a bit I'd imagine it was only for a short time as the servers overloaded.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

seems to be a pretty good meltdown thread
The honeypot's lid finally closes.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Not quite a "meltdown," but more in the vein of "these casual plebes can't understand the original vision and superiority" grognardery: Baldur's Gate 1 compared to Baldur's Gate 2. I have no idea how much of the writing is hyperbolic but the writer constantly keeps harping on "scrubs" and "casual" gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Splash Attack posted:

i could never get into og bg1 because the ui was so loving ugly

(i did play the poo poo out of bg2 though)

old school crpg fans can be loving weird though, i can’t forget the guy who went off about sjw bears in the enhanced edition

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/1319962599254633033/
And that guy is an idiot, because in the Enhanced Edition game, black and brown bears stay neutral and go hostile if you get close. The difference is, and this is a neat touch, if you have a Ranger or Druid in your party within line of sight of the bears, they don't go hostile because of that character's calming presence. It's a neat touch.

Also, the link I posted has the writer say New Vegas is still "Oblivion with guns" as if it was still Fallout 3. SOMEONE didn't play the story through.