Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

That one lady in some Livejournal Childfree group who completely flipped her poo poo that a child won the costume contest at a book store, and got to open the first box for some Harry Potter release. I wish I'd saved it because lord, she was piiiiiissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Yessss. That's the one. She was so angry. Over a children's book!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Courtesy of the Final Fantasy thread in Games, my new favorite

"My vidya game boobs :cry:"

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The “quarian sweat” of our time.

I’m interested in pre-Internet fan meltdowns. And I’m not just talking about Disco Demolition night (which was an excuse to be racist and homophobic), but contemporary accounts of say, Sherlock Holmes fans writing angry letters to Doyle in 1894, or Lisztomania, or reactions to Pamela in 1741.

I despise Rick and Morty fans who made the McDonald’s sauce a thing, and especially the guy screaming about it while he stood on a counter.

Here's some pre-internet syndicated comic drama.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

The only suitable response to that :laffo: rant

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I am pretty sure Crusader Kings is the one where through some trickery, you could get horses ruling a fair chunk of the planet. Or get castrated, and have Satan give a whole new set of bits.

So realistic.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Sprite Stitch, a site that's focus is on patterns (typically cross-stitch, but other crafts as well) that are video game or other "nerd" fandom based, has in the past had community members stitch at least 13"x13" scenes from video games, made them into a quilt, and then auctioned off the result for Child's Play.

This is 2014's.

As far as I know, it hasn't been done the past couple years, but there are plans to bring it back.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

They....they know the older stuff still exists, right? Like, you can still play it. It's still there. You want to play 2E or whatever, you can. No one's stopping you.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I like how they act like girls and ladies, people of all ages, and LGBT folks haven't been playing tabletop games until now. I know the pasty nerd stereotype existed, but every tabletop group I've ever been in has had a mix of people. It's never dawned on these tools that it's likely just no one else wanted to play with them specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It's the adult turbo nerd version of cooties.