Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

I think the GTS will always be my favorite finisher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUfyUjRDxX0

Oh come on, that's just mean. We're never gonna see KENTA hit Ibushi with that nowadays- :aaa:

(Granted, the one in the G1 looked way worse when they did it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Oh come on, that's just mean. We're never gonna see KENTA hit Ibushi with that nowadays- :aaa:

(Granted, the one in the G1 looked way worse when they did it.)

tangentially: i like ibishi and i liked their specific use in the lance archer match in the g1 but generally his finishers are Quite Bad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
??? The Phoenix Splash, the Phoenixplex, the last ride and the kamagoye are all really different moves, though. I'm not sure how you can blanket describe them ALL as bad.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Jetfire posted:

Sorry I missed the survey, but would "stolen" count as a modifier? e.g. Stone Cold hitting a Rock Bottom on Rock and vice versa

Also: Tag teams hitting the other team's finisher. DIY hitting the Shatter Machine on The Revival was loving amazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Also: Tag teams hitting the other team's finisher. DIY hitting the Shatter Machine on The Revival was loving amazing.

Did they ever do that? I remember the 3-way with AOP where they mix-and-matched, like I think Dawson and Gargano did the Shatter Machine and Dash and Ciampa did the running knee/superkick combo.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

??? The Phoenix Splash, the Phoenixplex, the last ride and the kamagoye are all really different moves, though. I'm not sure how you can blanket describe them ALL as bad.

he's been winning with that lovely knee one recently

Gaz-L posted:

kamagoye

that one. the last ride is Just a Move. also the commentary always talks up the bomaye like it is finisher level but maybe it isn't actually. ALSO also would it kill ishii and shingo to win with one of their murder lariats every now & again? just to keep them plausible?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Gaz-L posted:

Did they ever do that? I remember the 3-way with AOP where they mix-and-matched, like I think Dawson and Gargano did the Shatter Machine and Dash and Ciampa did the running knee/superkick combo.

Yeah, during their 2/3 falls match in Toronto (I think it was Toronto).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:laugh: Freudian slip?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

lost my old email posted:

he's been winning with that lovely knee one recently

that one. the last ride is Just a Move. also the commentary always talks up the bomaye like it is finisher level but maybe it isn't actually. ALSO also would it kill ishii and shingo to win with one of their murder lariats every now & again? just to keep them plausible?

The bom a ye gets talked up because it was Nakamura's finish. It's what the kinshasa is SUPPOSED to be.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The kamagoye owns wtf how do you not like that finish?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Hellblazer187 posted:

The kamagoye owns wtf how do you not like that finish?

it looks awkward and less good than most of the other strikes he does. like look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EayVt-xUFMw

look at it. compared to his really swank high roundhouse it is a whole lot of nothing

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Still looks like it owns to me dude.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

I remember the Harlem Hangover looking better than it did, though it's doubtful that Disco remembers this one at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvoXTTO0gMs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow. That’s one of the worst scoots into position that I’ve seen.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Wow not a lot of vids of the best finisher, the Overdrive

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ibushi kinda sucks at the Bomaye. Like, it is still cool because it's Nakamura's move and Nakamura is very cool but Ibushi's version is no where near as good. The kamagoye is an amazing finished though and I will not hear it disparaged.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quit lying on here.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I almost feel like they started forcing Nakamura to tone the Kinshasa down after that one time he removed Samoa Joe's face from his head with it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The humble clothesline

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

or as i like to call it, The Lariat

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

NienNunb posted:

or as i like to call it, The Lariato~

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The best finisher is the strongest move in wrestling, the DICK FLIP.

Someone make me a sig for it with an angry Cornette face, I'll give you $3.50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lariat finishers are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxB1ABM74w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9R09BTKvGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H0BGrsvpiU (not really a finisher in this case but some poor fool gets his face blasted off so here it goes)