Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Go as the Horned King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

picked up katana zero and the messenger from the devolver sale and instead of playing either i’m going to sit out on my balcony and suck up the last dregs of summer sunshine before it swiftly leaves us for the deadly icy bite of winter’s chill, like a loving loser

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Andrast posted:

As far as I'm concerned all theme weddings are bad

okay the one where the theme was "don't wear anything fancy and don't bring gifts (alcohol is ok)" was pretty good

Thats every weddings i've been to

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Thats every weddings i've been to

You have been to better weddings than I have

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't think you're a loser cowcaster

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760

what an awful ending to the story

e: i'm realizing chuds will weaponize this against his victims. everything sucks. it all loving sucks!!!

have this to feel better

https://twitter.com/springhakurei/status/1157036354926198785

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 31, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yikes

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

homeless snail posted:

if you were really classy youd show up in full a beast fursuit

That's my after party outfit.

Also best detail I just found out about this Disney wedding, no kids allowed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

bushisms.txt posted:

Also best detail I just found out about this Disney wedding, no kids allowed.

Gonna say that this feels more " :rolleyes: millennials" than any of the Disney stuff

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

loving hell

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The 7th Guest posted:

e: i'm realizing chuds will weaponize this against his victims. everything sucks. it all loving sucks!!!

Like I said in the other thread, Zoe Quinn, for her own sanity, might want to just stay off twitter for a while.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

She's probably staying off, she wrote so on her twitter.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Everybody should stay off twitter for their sanity

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760

what an awful ending to the story

have this to feel better

https://twitter.com/springhakurei/status/1157036354926198785

what the gently caress

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
posting from the chilis next to the convention center

bowsettes everywhere

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i always worry about this kind of outcome. that kind of exposé can be almost literally life ending for some (i'm not saying abusers shouldn't be outed).

The 7th Guest posted:

have this to feel better

is this appropriate?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

posting from the chilis next to the convention center

bowsettes everywhere

What did you get

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

is this appropriate?

bunnies and doomguys are always appropriate

Malah
May 18, 2015

VG, what the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Whatever they offered you for taking on admin duties wasn't enough. You're one of the best moderators on this site, please back out before you catch The Madness!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Malah posted:

VG, what the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Whatever they offered you for taking on admin duties wasn't enough. You're one of the best moderators on this site, please back out before you catch The Madness!

Hahaha, I promise I am going to try and do everything I did as mod just at the slightly higher level. I do not plan to change my posting or participation in threads and I still will not ban/probe anyone mod sassing me like before.

I want to be as transparent as admin as I was as mod. I vow to do this and if I become something I am not, I want people to tell me straight away. Honestly, this wonderful Games forum is the reason I have been able to mod so well. I am tremendously fond of everyone here and have found it to be the best place to talk about Games online. :)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good, cause i'm going to ramp up the sass even harder

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

mods, more like muds

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does this mean that if I want to say something probable I should sass VG in the same post so I'm immune

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Does this mean that if I want to say something probable I should sass VG in the same post so I'm immune

Hmmm. I may have been hoisted by my own petard!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mod Sass or Mod's rear end

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sass, rear end or grass, no-one posts for free.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167884648296222721?s=20

i won't post more updates if this is too depressing for the chat thread

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

Sass incoming: Kirby's not that cute and probably smells like a tire

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/hibikidaye/status/1167884142664544257
https://twitter.com/ArcadeBumstead/status/1167877697701216258

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hey the actual info and statement from family is one thing but can we not drag this particular bullshit in here?

Like, I get your position here, but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhg

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

What did you get

black bean and veggie fajitas and a tropical sunrise margarita. it was all thoroughly mediocre

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mutata posted:

Hey the actual info and statement from family is one thing but can we not drag this particular bullshit in here?

Like, I get your position here, but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhg

Especially when a bunch of comments like that are probably going to be alt-right and 4chan sock puppet accounts trying to plant stuff they can manufacture outrage about later to drag down everyone who's accused someone of sexual assault recently.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I like video games and have just bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 to play when I get back home. I am looking forward to being terrible at it :v:

Also I replayed Metal Slug 3 for the first time in years last night and man, that final level really takes the shine off the game. I love the imagination and branching paths of missions 1-4 but the last one is such an interminable slog that I just have to drop it down to better than 4 and 6 but otherwise not a favourite. I guess it probably helped to pull in coins at the arcades from players who wanted to see how all the insane nonsense ended, but by the time the credits rolled I kinda agreed with the player character hurling their pistol in the sea.

X and 1 are probably my favourites. 2 is good (with the slowdown fixed in an emulator) but X fixes a lot of things that piss me off even though I appreciate 2 did more on a technical level.

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 31, 2019

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Just so people know, the developers of Night in the Woods released this statement a few hours before the news came out about Alex's death, which describes what exactly the situation is and Alex's role in the game's making. I think it is important to read, especially now, so your memories of the game aren't tainted by what happened. It still is a tragic situation regardless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NightInTheWoods/comments/cxqjp8/end_of_summer_backer_update/

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

anyone else do a thing called the "dutchman's key" where you open a soda can with your front teeth. sort of like biting an apple but you lever up the tab with your teeth

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

anyone else do a thing called the "dutchman's key" where you open a soda can with your front teeth. sort of like biting an apple but you lever up the tab with your teeth

what no who would do that

that's so damaging to your teeth

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a dutchman presumably

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I used to do that quite a bit and while I have bad teeth I've never had problems with my front teeth which are the only teeth necessary for such a maneuver.

Edit: I am not a Dutchman. Apologies to any genuine Dutchpeople.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Please be good to your teeth. Replacing those motherfuckers is 'SPONSIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

njsykora posted:

Especially when a bunch of comments like that are probably going to be alt-right and 4chan sock puppet accounts trying to plant stuff they can manufacture outrage about later to drag down everyone who's accused someone of sexual assault recently.

Lol, gently caress you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)