Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mutata posted:

I used to do that quite a bit and while I have bad teeth I've never had problems with my front teeth which are the only teeth necessary for such a maneuver.

Edit: I am not a Dutchman. Apologies to any genuine Dutchpeople.

what the gently caress how thick are your teeth

mine are pretty thin so I try to baby them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mutata posted:

I used to do that quite a bit and while I have bad teeth I've never had problems with my front teeth which are the only teeth necessary for such a maneuver.

Edit: I am not a Dutchman. Apologies to any genuine Dutchpeople.

it's okay i made up the dutchman part because i thought it sounded funny

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

A friend literally just gifted Dying Light to me, so I'm glad people here are saying it's good cause I've never even watched a trailer lol

Its superb for coop. The sp campaign is meh but the dlc one is better i heard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Hahaha, I promise I am going to try and do everything I did as mod just at the slightly higher level. I do not plan to change my posting or participation in threads and I still will not ban/probe anyone mod sassing me like before.

I want to be as transparent as admin as I was as mod. I vow to do this and if I become something I am not, I want people to tell me straight away. Honestly, this wonderful Games forum is the reason I have been able to mod so well. I am tremendously fond of everyone here and have found it to be the best place to talk about Games online. :)

Gosh i freakin love video games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Death absolves no one but maybe don’t harass grieving family.

Unless they’re billionaires. Billionaires can buy feelings.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man two minutes on Twitter was enough to upset me. I should just avoid that hellsite.

The whole thing is awful. Believe women.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This whole thing is going to be huge in the gaming community and I know people are itching to discuss it, but can I please iterate that we do not drop to the level of twitter comments and that if it gets brought up we try to be as level headed as possible - no matter if it is this thread or any other in Games it appears.

I can only imagine the sort of vile thoughts permeating a bunch of other sites. We are much better than that and I trust us to be able to post accordingly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1167910237438799872

mutata posted:

I have seen people open up beer bottles with their teeth and I cringe every time

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
As this is also a bit of a mental health chat thread as well can I just add: please don't let this incident dissuade anyone from discussing feelings including (but not limited to) despair or suicidal ideation. It's always cool to talk about how you're feeling here, good or bad, and I hope we are all always happy to listen :)

Edit: 'cool' as in ok and acceptable, not in a "Poochy from the Simpsons" way obviously

Convex fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 31, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:climpolice:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our picks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VideoGames posted:

This whole thing is going to be huge in the gaming community and I know people are itching to discuss it, but can I please iterate that we do not drop to the level of twitter comments and that if it gets brought up we try to be as level headed as possible - no matter if it is this thread or any other in Games it appears.

I can only imagine the sort of vile thoughts permeating a bunch of other sites. We are much better than that and I trust us to be able to post accordingly.

VideoGames I'm just gonna say it, I think you need to be way harsher when dishing out punishments, in general. There's multiple problem posters on this subforum who constantly get slaps on the wrist and when dudes massively cross a line they only get a week. I barely ever see you ban people, no matter what they do. I understand you're a nice guy but, idk, I'm worried that if you become admin there will be less and less decisive action taken on these kinds of things. I didn't wanna make a full QCS thread for this or anything because I didn't wanna cause drama but I'm just gonna throw this in here because I do wanna know if other people feel the same way and people were discussing you becoming admin.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're about to see basically another round of gamergate. Possibly worse than before.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

Endorph posted:

VideoGames I'm just gonna say it, I think you need to be way harsher when dishing out punishments, in general. There's multiple problem posters on this subforum who constantly get slaps on the wrist and when dudes massively cross a line they only get a week. I barely ever see you ban people, no matter what they do. I understand you're a nice guy but, idk, I'm worried that if you become admin there will be less and less decisive action taken on these kinds of things. I didn't wanna make a full QCS thread for this or anything because I didn't wanna cause drama but I'm just gonna throw this in here because I do wanna know if other people feel the same way and people were discussing you becoming admin.

just permaban verranicus imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

agreed that repeat offenders should get more than a slap on the wrist

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Endorph posted:

You are right in that I can often be more lenient than not.

Before I came in here I was sat on the post history and previous rap sheet of Bad Day and going over it in my mind before I put a ban through. I do not wish to suddenly start wielding the ban hammer like crazy on my first couple of days as Admin because that is not the kind of person I am but I do deliberate over the actions for a while. They are not made spur of the moment.

I am approaching this in a different manner now because my actions are no longer doubled checked by someone above me and I need to examine my biases much closer so I do not put through punishments based on my emotions over content.

Malah
May 18, 2015

VideoGames posted:

Hmmm. I may have been hoisted by my own petard!
See! You can't show weakness or they pounce!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Useful Distraction posted:

Well not to name names but yeah

VideoGames posted:

Before I came in here I was sat on the post history and previous rap sheet of Bad Day and going over it in my mind before I put a ban through. I do not wish to suddenly start wielding the ban hammer like crazy on my first couple of days as Admin because that is not the kind of person I am but I do deliberate over the actions for a while. They are not made spur of the moment.

I am approaching this in a different manner now because my actions are no longer doubled checked by someone above me and I need to examine my biases much closer so I do not put through punishments based on my emotions over content.
Thats all fair.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I posted in the steam thread about it, but if anyone's just starting dying light, I'm looking to tag along!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Prokhor_Zharkov/

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I agree with this. Especially now that you're taking on admin duties VideoGames, appropriate punishments are going to be more important. Not asking you to go nuts with the banhammer, but at the very least repeat offenders shouldn't be getting off with just a slap on the wrist.

VideoGames posted:

That's understandable.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The 7th Guest posted:

holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760

what an awful ending to the story

e: i'm realizing chuds will weaponize this against his victims. everything sucks. it all loving sucks!!!

have this to feel better

https://twitter.com/springhakurei/status/1157036354926198785

Whatever was supposed to be in this tweet isn't showing up for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alec's sister locked his account, that's why. chuds are now harassing her because she believes zoe

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

That’s because that person deactivated her twitter account.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zoe cursed to start a gamergate every 4 years for the rest of her life.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Has there been even one instance of one of these "canceled" people apologizing for what they did rather than doubling down on it or just hiding from the world?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

The NitW guy that was recently outted as a horrific person killed himself. Just a terrible outcome. One that hurts everyone and will most likely inspire some even worse things

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The game all this has most affected for me is a fair bit older than Night in the Woods. I bought Aquaria day one back in 2007. A particularly large theme of the game is abusive relationships, specifically parental ones. Knowing that, and now knowing all this...just makes me feel really weird about ever going back to it.

I'm avoiding pretty much everything off of here about it, because I just know the sorts it is going to bring out of the woodworks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

Has there been even one instance of one of these "canceled" people apologizing for what they did rather than doubling down on it or just hiding from the world?

Yeah one of the recent ones but i cant remember which indie guy is which

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Travis McElroy did some really bad tweets a while back and had a good apology for them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ryan Davis was one of the earliest people I remember having a "heated gaming moment" and he swiftly owned up to it and made no excuses

Outside of games Dan Harmon made a heartfelt apology to someone he had harassed and they made amends

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Endorph posted:

I've been waiting for an opportunity to suggest that he should tap into his Western Kirby side more often but you worded it in a much better way.

So yes, seconded.

Useful Distraction posted:

And also this.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If we’re going to be posting about posting, can I just say, i really wish people stopped saying “horny” when they mean “thirsty”

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I've been waiting for an opportunity to suggest that he should tap into his Western Kirby side more often but you worded it in a much better way.

So yes, seconded.

Thirded.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

If we’re going to be posting about posting, can I just say, i really wish people stopped saying “horny” when they mean “thirsty”

like you've never been horny for a glass of water

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the people are thirsty for blood but i believe in vg's tempered hand approach

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I am very horny for water

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
this guy is horny for water, i'm horny for a baked potato, VG is horny for temperance

you just have to embrace this modern parlance

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

you just have to embrace this modern parlance

just horny it, it's as horny as horny

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

I am guilty of this and for that, I apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you guys are gonna confuse the horny script that I'm running this thread through to calculate horny points, with all this talk