Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Relax Or DIE posted:

Whoa the Momodora people have a new game coming out at the end of the month. I really really like RutM.

https://youtu.be/CEmTSPQsUxU

I like the giant demon lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Relax Or DIE posted:

Whoa the Momodora people have a new game coming out at the end of the month. I really really like RutM.

:stoked: Momodora was fun and this looks good.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

Operation Darkness follows a squad of British SAS soldiers fighting the Nazis across the European Theater. The story covers much of the real history of the European war, including the battles for North Africa and the liberation of mainland Europe. French resistance fighters, American soldiers, and others appear as non-player characters.

The game diverges significantly from real history in that zombies of deceased Nazi soldiers appear as adversaries, and two of the player characters can transform into werewolves.

I can not express enough how much I want to play that game

It's a bad game.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
I wish there was an amazing twin stick shooter. Something like Hell divers where its co op missions with friends on switch.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

I loved fe echoes but it is not a game I would recommend to anyone without a whole load of caveats and unless I knew the person's tastes pretty well.

yeah, there's a lot of neat stuff in the game but there's no denying the maps are absolute rear end

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy catch up on july games month

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
August is probably the month I fall back into the pit of sim racing and set up my wheel/pedals again and don't play anything else other than cargames.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am really sorry I am finding a video game where I kill Nazis to be fun, Warren.
At least it is not a game where we have to debate them and give them a platform - like the British Media for example. (I am crotchety about that right now!)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Turd Herder posted:

I wish there was an amazing twin stick shooter. Something like Hell divers where its co op missions with friends on switch.

Nex Machina is really good, but SP only I think.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Killing Nazis rules and Epic Mickey sucked poo poo

Youngblood isn't great for gameplay reasons but the killing Nazis parts I still good and also BJ Blazkowicz is a surprisingly interesting character despite his overdone gravely voice, bitch!!! I will die defending my man BJ

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
People who call power-fantasies "adolescent" are really insufferable. What's the point in claiming something that nearly everyone enjoys is for children.

Like this dumb motherfucker doesn't enjoy an action movie from time to time.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I may be alone, but I've always found the critique "Did the world really need a game/movie/show like this?" to be incredibly lame and a disingenuous way of trying to inflate the importance of someone's personal taste. Like, sure, no, but the world doesn't need another fuckin Mario or Zelda game either.

I can't imagine Warren is in a good place emotionally about games these days though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bentacos posted:

I keep redeeming all those free games Epic is giving away, but I'm not installing any of them until they at least implement achievements because my brain has been broken by them.

Didn't they start taking some of those free games off of people's accounts? I thought I read that somewhere.

VideoGames posted:

Mario Maker 2 is fantastic as we all know

then post in the thread!

The 7th Guest posted:

these are the games i would play for segaugust:

I need to finish Shinobi 3, I got close earlier this year after not trying for a decade and forgot how loving cool it is.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh because the July thread is locked! I finally got it

I feel stupid now.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Oh, I guess they didn't go through with that 3D game... or was that someone else?

VideoGames posted:

I am really sorry I am finding a video game where I kill Nazis to be fun, Warren.
At least it is not a game where we have to debate them and give them a platform - like the British Media for example. (I am crotchety about that right now!)

To be fair that tweet is from 2013, before the new Wolfenstein people were known to be a good quantity and before a nazi was president.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh whoa. Japed again by not simply looking at the date on the image.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Like July, August will consist of Final Fantasy XIV and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. No other games are allowed to be discussed, tia.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fire fantasy xiv houses

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
A writer for Ghost Recon: Wildlands wrote a piece in defense of the writing if you wanna read some poo poo from a guy who Definitely Gets It, For Sure Man

quote:

I never said the writing and story were perfect, but it's a shame that so many reviewers dismissed the work because of their biased take on its politics. I have written reviews myself, and you usually take your lead from the marketing and PR because it's what your audience has seen, too. With a marketing campaign focused on how much people would enjoy the game, reviewers and players weren't expecting anything more than mindless fun. In most games, the mission giver is never a terrible, vengeful human being. Your enemies are never loving parents. Your allies never have political views, let alone Leftist views that your character might disagree with. And you definitely don't satirize machismo. Not in a video game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Phantasium posted:

Oh, I guess they didn't go through with that 3D game... or was that someone else?
Maybe thinking of the Anodyne crew? They're making Anodyne 2 a 3D game.

Dr Cheeto posted:

A writer for Ghost Recon: Wildlands wrote a piece in defense of the writing if you wanna read some poo poo from a guy who Definitely Gets It, For Sure Man
Every game critic I follow on Twitter is ripping into this poo poo and it's quite funny.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

fire fantasy xiv houses

finally a game for the arsonists

njsykora posted:

Maybe thinking of the Anodyne crew? They're making Anodyne 2 a 3D game.

i am never thinking of Anodyne

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

njsykora posted:

Every game critic I follow on Twitter is ripping into this poo poo and it's quite funny.

I haven't seen anyone ripping into this yet please name names so I can laugh too

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I haven't seen anyone ripping into this yet please name names so I can laugh too

This was my favourite.
https://twitter.com/dialacina/status/1156914703303675905

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Phantasium posted:

then post in the thread!

To be fair that tweet is from 2013, before the new Wolfenstein people were known to be a good quantity and before a nazi was president.

I have been meaning to! :D

And oops! Well I have egg on my face. Thanks mainstream press for making me so quick to judge tweets!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/TheChowderhead/status/1156927868871610376

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

come to think of it what did machinegames even do before wolfenstein did they even exist

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I was incredibly excited for WoW Classic a few months ago. As time went on I realized how little time I actually have on any given day to invest in that stupid rear end game. I've come to my senses.

The one I'm really excited for now is Remnant: From the Ashes (Started a thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894897)

It's a Souls-like 3rd person shooter with big Hellgate: London vibes. I think it's flying under eveyone's radar but it's looking really good to me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

come to think of it what did machinegames even do before wolfenstein did they even exist

the answer is: no, but the studio was formed primarily from the people who worked on the syndicate fps reboot that flopped

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

the answer is: no, but the studio was formed primarily from the people who worked on the syndicate fps reboot that flopped

Well I am now very glad that they do exist and are helping me have fun with the Wolf IP :D May they keep on trucking with increasingly outlandish concepts involving the destruction of the third reich!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I love that this most recently line of Wolfenstein games exists because every time some nazi shithead does something I just fire up Wolfenstein and murder nazis for a while and it takes the edge off a little.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

By complete coincidence I was playing Wolfenstein New Order in November 2016, and the day after the election I got to the audio diary about how everyone that was defeated and occupied by the Nazis came to slowly accept their rule, and it deepened the funk I was in that whole week

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah i have to say i absolutely do not regret grabbing a refund for youngblood but the friday night me and my brother spent getting crunk and hitting nazis with hatchets was perfectly fine for what it was

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
crunkenstein

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

I liked Momodora except for boobslapping the big titty demon so hopefully there's less of that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UBISoft needs to stop it with their Tom Clancy games. They can keep Rainbow Six Siege though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey I have Momodora in my Steam library apparently

gotta give it a shot soon

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
It's pretty short so it's not a huge lift to knock out in a couple of sittings

RBA Starblade posted:

I liked Momodora except for boobslapping the big titty demon so hopefully there's less of that

Yeah the rest of the bosses had neat designs, so I always kind of wondered if giant boob witch was an in joke or Kickstarter backer goal or something. I think she's in the logo for the new game so

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's pretty short so it's not a huge lift to knock out in a couple of sittings

Yeah I finally played it earlier this year and it has a pretty comfortable length. It's also way easier long term than the beginning gets you to expect.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you gotta play the other three momodoras to understand the lore

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It's also on PC Game Pass if you have that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not a huge lift and separate to knockers out in a couple of sittings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/marteltemple/status/929469605600378880