Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

No no NO, I meant “can two people have the same waifu, is it permitted or does one of them have to go for another waifu, unless the waifu in question has officially stated that she is comfortable with polygamy”

Last year's Evo had a "Waifu Debate" event that probably addressed the issue.

It is curiously not returning this year, I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

No no NO, I meant “can two people have the same waifu, is it permitted or does one of them have to go for another waifu, unless the waifu in question has officially stated that she is comfortable with polygamy”
my google searches reveal that upwards of 3 or 4 people can share a waifu at the same time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

ah. I'm prepared to fight to the death for marin, draw your blade

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isabelle has been drinking too much Vacation Juice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Isabelle has been drinking too much Vacation Juice.

I was going to post the Tweet where she's dancing to Old Town Road but it's been copyright struck. I thought it was Nintendo but lol

https://twitter.com/overspacemusic/status/1154872714458521600

Edit wait it's still live hallelujah
https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1117512670100561920

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 2, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Last year's Evo had a "Waifu Debate" event that probably addressed the issue.

It is curiously not returning this year, I believe

spun off into its own event

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How is the Wonderboy The Dragon Trap remake?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Free on Twitch Prime this month

I played some of it back a sale or two, it's graphically great but extremely easy, aside from the slippery terrain that I don't know if was in the original version or added in this one.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Vote in 2020

https://twitter.com/GamerPres2020/status/1156673570023628800?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I fell back into mhw.
Still good. Still wish i could just see every town menu without having to run around the hub tho.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The hell is this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of monster hunter world i'm not at the point yet where i have a ton of armor to freely switch between to shore up resistances and stuff specific to the stuff i'm fighting yet, but i'm getting close, and i was wondering if there's some value in the monster field guide that tells what kind of damage a monster DOES (not what it's weak/strong against). or do i just have to learn which ones breath fire and which ones breathe lightning and which ones explode on my own?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The hell is this

Must be tough if you're playing as Lucas. You gotta put down both momma and your brother.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Convex posted:

Nex Machina is really good, but SP only I think.

Thats what i've heard to bad its not on switch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm kind of glad I didn't buy automachef now, for one because it became a twitch prime freebie like two weeks after release, and two this game is kinda clunky and controls quite badly which I guess is because its also a console game and the mouse and keyboard controls are poorly mapped. in this kind of game though where you're constantly iterating on your first idea to solve the puzzle, trying to move things around and refine your solution shouldn't be such a pain in the rear end

i'm not sure if the puzzle is all that great either, I think i'd rather just play big pharma

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Convex posted:

Nex Machina is really good, but SP only I think.

It got a co-op feature later.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of monster hunter world i'm not at the point yet where i have a ton of armor to freely switch between to shore up resistances and stuff specific to the stuff i'm fighting yet, but i'm getting close, and i was wondering if there's some value in the monster field guide that tells what kind of damage a monster DOES (not what it's weak/strong against). or do i just have to learn which ones breath fire and which ones breathe lightning and which ones explode on my own?

The Hunter Guide doesn't tell you what element enemies use but it's usually pretty obvious. At the point you're at, elemental resistance shouldn't be too big a worry so just go with whatever armor looks good/has skills that complement your play style.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

After looking at Mortal Kombat 11 on the Switch I have to loving see what The Witcher 3 looks like.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I called my uncle at Nintendo for an exclusive first look at The Witcher Switch Edition

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

al-azad posted:

After looking at Mortal Kombat 11 on the Switch I have to loving see what The Witcher 3 looks like.

Dragon's Dogma and other open world RPGs look fine so it's probably going to look fine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

I called my uncle at Nintendo for an exclusive first look at The Witcher Switch Edition

本物のウィッチャかな

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man West of Loathing is way better than I thought it would be, lengthier too.

Void Bastards is already getting kind of old.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey, it's late at night eastern standard time so I know not a lot of people are gonna see this but I haven't said it in a while and I want everyone to know that even through tough and harsh times, we can persevere, we can make it, and to quote frank turner, we can get better because we're not dead yet.

I hope everybody is having a good day, I hope none of you are suffering or, if you are, that you are on the road to recovery from your suffering.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol Kojima put out a tweet say they're doing crunch time and now gamers are deciding crunch is normal and fine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey, it's late at night eastern standard time so I know not a lot of people are gonna see this but I haven't said it in a while and I want everyone to know that even through tough and harsh times, we can persevere, we can make it, and to quote frank turner, we can get better because we're not dead yet.

I hope everybody is having a good day, I hope none of you are suffering or, if you are, that you are on the road to recovery from your suffering.

Thanks for the pep fak. Back at ya

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooblets is epic store exclusive on pc now. :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

before the ooblets chat i just want to squeeze in that sega has completely stopped giving a gently caress about the genesis collection's steam workshop so it's now just wall-to-wall ROM pirating

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=34270&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&days=90

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

Dragon's Dogma and other open world RPGs look fine so it's probably going to look fine.

Dragon's dogma is a 360/PS3 game though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I said come in! posted:

:actually:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

:(

Are all of these epic store exclusives permanently epic store exclusives or are they just timed exclusives?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
all of epic's contracts are timed pc exclusives, but we don't know the durations of any of them

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm watching someone play FF9 and I never knew that like every enemy in Crystal Chronicles was lifted straight from this game. Its messing with my head.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh man the ooblets dev is uhh

https://imgur.com/a/7du1ztj

Man, idk, I get the whole "the outrage over a free game store application is dumb" thing but he's coming off like kind of a prick

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh man the ooblets dev is uhh

https://imgur.com/a/7du1ztj

Man, idk, I get the whole "the outrage over a free game store application is dumb" thing but he's coming off like kind of a prick

Well I can safely quash any interest I had in this game now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Epic has a ton of scummy business practices so its not really outrage over nothing. I don't blame indie devs for wanting the cash injection from the exclusivity deals but acting like people have zero reason to be upset is gross.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 2, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Just drat if some of that isn't just kinda silly

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think at some point devs are going to have to recognise that people don't like Epic for more than just "the store doesn't have a shopping cart" and "Fortnite is cringe". Like I don't want to give money to a company with massively abusive work practices who treats contractors as disposable labour they can burn out and toss aside.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You can guarantee just from the way he acts in those screenshots the perp guy is an even bigger rear end in a top hat in private.

Man if that just doesn't kill any enthusiasm I had. Why would I wanna buy a cutesy quirky adventure game when I know the people making it have no qualms about insulting people at the drop of a hat? Talk about clashing tones.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

You can guarantee just from the way he acts in those screenshots the perp guy is an even bigger rear end in a top hat in private.

Man if that just doesn't kill any enthusiasm I had. Why would I wanna buy a cutesy quirky adventure game when I know the people making it have no qualms about insulting people at the drop of a hat? Talk about clashing tones.

I have no idea why the indie devs who make those deals don't just go "Hey, indie development is hard and we needed the money" instead of getting really defensive

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Andrast posted:

I have no idea why the indie devs who make those deals don't just go "Hey, indie development is hard and we needed the money" instead of getting really defensive

And a bunch of them have and weirdly no-one ever seems to have a problem with it when they do that. The way the Ooblets crew have just gone all in on being super defensive over it is just super unnecessary and it's even weirder how they've zeroed on the idea that anyone who would have a problem with it wasn't going to buy the game anyway. Like this post from the Epic Store thread sums it up.

Gobblecoque posted:

People who were going to buy your game no matter the platform aren't going to care, fans who don't want to buy on epic definitely aren't going to be persuaded by that, and for the rest of us who weren't aware of that dev and their game this is our introduction and haha yikes

njsykora fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Been talking a LOT about the Ooblets thing in dev circles today. Consensus in general is happiness for the Ooblets team/project for getting such an awesome deal (guaranteed sales + full creative control + full IP ownership in exchange for timed exclusivity at a different address but same platform is the best funding deal you'll ever hear of by far) and perplexity at why this guy is handling the whole thing like a real tool. It's really weird.

But yeah, indie game acquires awesome funding, I'm happy for them.