Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think the thread title sums things up. Post about events that suck currently here. Or don't. I can't make you do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh, and continue to shut the gently caress up about cops.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Don't cop an attitude.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh, and continue to shut the gently caress up about cops.

Can we talk about groves and thickets?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Chichevache posted:

Can we talk about groves and thickets?

my junk isn't a current event

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

psydude posted:

Don't cop an attitude.

Stop resisting.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This is the most accurate thread title ever.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

my favorite thing about being hot is when we it gets cold and people are like "lmao who cares that it was 117 degrees in august and the south pole is literally on fire, global warming is not real because it snowed in february you dumb libs"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Remember what that loving tool brought a snowball into the Senate?

Hopefully he's dead of old age or from his own stupidity by now.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

lol I regret to inform you the motherfucker is still Oklahoma's pride and joy in the Senate

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Big news headline in Quebec today:

Baby got squished by a car in a drive-in theatre. Parents left the baby on the ground while they were picking up their lawn chairs.

Baby, on the ground, in a drive-in theatre. God drat people are dumb.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored As gently caress posted:

I remember stephen chu trying to teach a loving pig faced imbecile about plate tectonics and the look of pure bemusement on his face at the idea that landmasses could move.

That's who we're dealing with

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

Big news headline in Quebec today:

Baby got squished by a car in a drive-in theatre. Parents left the baby on the ground while they were picking up their lawn chairs.

Baby, on the ground, in a drive-in theatre. God drat people are dumb.

It's weird to see this kind of thing happen in other countries because there's not an immediate lawsuit against the establishment for not putting "caution: obvious things here" signs all over

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1156906002769489921

:thunk:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This tropical depression wannabe hanging out just off FL can already gently caress right off t:mad:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pee pee doo doo he is a bad person

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well a bomb can put out fires...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FAUXTON posted:

It's weird to see this kind of thing happen in other countries because there's not an immediate lawsuit against the establishment for not putting "caution: obvious things here" signs all over

The current public reaction, from online comments:

French people: “Who the gently caress leaves a baby on the ground in a drive-in?”

English people: “idiot should have looked before reversing!”

In conclusion Canada is a land of contrasts.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

The current public reaction, from online comments:

French people: “Who the gently caress leaves a baby on the ground in a drive-in?”

English people: “idiot should have looked before reversing!”

In conclusion Canada is a land of contrasts.

makes sense

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
if its dark good luck seeing a baby in your rear view mirror/side mirrors

the true solution is everyone should have a backup buddy and reverse beeper

yes i posted that in full PPE

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Havnt seen much news about this garlic festival shooting, two threads from gbs got gassed on the first pages.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Abongination posted:

Havnt seen much news about this garlic festival shooting, two threads from gbs got gassed on the first pages.

The one we covered last month when it happened and led to a few probations among the posters?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Momentary sidebar: the Bellingcat Podcast, narrated by our very own Brown Moses, just released its third episode about the downing of MH17. It’s really well produced and nicely done- I’ve been following his/their work for years, and it’s nice to see this put down as a narrative piece.

https://www.bellingcat.com/category/resources/podcasts/

Started listening to this because of your post. This (the podcast, not the described event and obfuscation) is great, thanks for the recommendation!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The one we covered last month when it happened and led to a few probations among the posters?

It was 3 days ago so yes, that one. Got drowned out by festival chat but was wondering if more about motivation had come out.

Looks like the reports are generally about him pushing some “might is right” book on Insta and being a “loner”.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
So, Tulsi Gabbard is a Major in the Hawaii National Guard. Does she still have to go to drill? Have to request split training to attend the debates? Are the PME courses for Officers different than Warrants and Enlisted? Because I can't imagine going to an Army course while serving as a Democratic politician and presidential candidate and not getting a lot of poo poo about it.

Especially when she talks about defunding the DoD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkC0_nTtNB4

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I thought that you couldn't run for office if you were still in? Or does that only apply today active duty?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

A Bad Poster posted:

I thought that you couldn't run for office if you were still in? Or does that only apply today active duty?

Must be for active duty only, there are a quite a few politicians who are in the Guard or Reserves.

It does lead to dumb poo poo like this where the Wisconsin ANG investigated an Illinois Congressman and member of the WI ANG for comments he made criticizing the governor of Wisconsin, who is the head of the Wisconsin Guard.

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...016347e5f5.html

It's so petty.

SimonCat fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 1, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Imagine another 10 years when the national GOP is full of Dan Crenshaws

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

that'll gently caress up the softball game

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

SimonCat posted:

Must be for active duty only, there are a quite a few politicians who are in the Guard or Reserves.

It does lead to dumb poo poo like this where the Wisconsin ANG investigated an Illinois Congressman and member of the WI ANG for comments he made criticizing the governor of Wisconsin, who is the head of the Wisconsin Guard.

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...016347e5f5.html

It's so petty.

How the gently caress can you be in the Guard for one state, where you'd have to have residency to serve, and be in congress for another state, where you'd also have to have residency?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You don't need residency to serve in the guard. Lots of people live outside the state where they drill.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

SimonCat posted:

It's so petty.

I wonder if anyone in Gabbard's command flipped out when they saw she met with Assad a couple of years ago

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

You don't need residency to serve in the guard. Lots of people live outside the state where they drill.

That seems like it shouldn't be the way that works, but I suppose the same could be said about most of the ways things are done in the military.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Do you want the Lalilulelo? Because that's how you get the Lalilulelo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iain posted:

Do you want the Lalilulelo? Because that's how you get the Lalilulelo.

Me running out of time sneaking through the floor only to be saved by the Commandant deciding everyone needed to do some PT in a loving briefing is my favorite part of that game.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

That seems like it shouldn't be the way that works, but I suppose the same could be said about most of the ways things are done in the military.
Why? It's not like being a cop who doesn't actually want to live in the community. Sometimes a drill location across state lines is a fuckload closer than the nearest one in your own state. You don't get travel pay for drill anyway so it's on you.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Casimir Radon posted:

Why? It's not like being a cop who doesn't actually want to live in the community. Sometimes a drill location across state lines is a fuckload closer than the nearest one in your own state. You don't get travel pay for drill anyway so it's on you.

I've even heard of seniorish officers taking commands in far-off states and flying to and from for every drill, and quite a lot about pilot warrants doing the same.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

rifles posted:

I've even heard of seniorish officers taking commands in far-off states and flying to and from for every drill, and quite a lot about pilot warrants doing the same.
You can work out a deal to do all your drills in a in one or more goes, and you might work out a deal to get a plane ticket out of it. But that's not supposed to happen on a monthly basis.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Did y'all forget Booty-judge was a Naval Reserve Louie too? He deployed while mayor of SB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My old company commander would fly across the country for drill. Hell, I had someone who would come back from Afghanistan (where they worked as an intel contractor) every 3-4 months and do a week or two of drill days.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 1, 2019