Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hi lurkers.
I love you, when I used to make threads lurkers posting was the best part. :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Some wise soul in the SA Koans thread posted something like “He who does not post has already banned himself” and that is the philosophy I choose to follow.

That was one of the all time best posts EVER^

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sweet thursday posted:

We see you viewing. We don't see you posting. :justpost: it's not friggin scary

https://youtu.be/DVx8L7a3MuE

Lotta good threads/posts from you and a Fancy Hat.
:toot:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hi
I FINALLY changed my name, I could not for the life of me get any password for "guestimate" to work and finally found one for this, my very first account. :buddy:
My av quote is from my second thread ever lol, no idea where it is.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm in awe.

Do you all think some post with alts? I ended up with multiple accounts due to lost passwords/laziness/impatience when probed.

Is that what some of these crazy low posts accounts are from?

And do you "superlurkers" read gbs regularly?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This a feel good thread
:five:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ranger Vick posted:

There should be a lurkers posting ratio contest. Best ratio wins a funny probe from Lowtax.

Now just to post enough times to get up to 0.69 a day. :grin:

16 posts in almost 5,000 days - more than I expected.

Uh

You win don't you??

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slider posted:

Is this old gbs, new gbs, or new new gbs?

~ All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again ~

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tpink posted:

Really, if you do post in good faith and just participate, the worst thing that happens is that people scroll by whatever you posted and ignore it. :shrug: It’s totally fine. If it’s a topic that interests you, :justpost:, and it doesn’t really matter if you think somebody else has already covered similar ground. Talking to strangers on the internet is cool and good. :D

Tbf, you can get poo poo on.
Believe me you gotta just ignore it! And honestly it's pretty rare. One piece of advice: if you want to start posting a little best plan is clicking on NEW threads, not everything has already been said.

Read it and if your take/tidbit/opinion hasn't been posted already then BOOM
:justpost:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pickwick High posted:

I've been lurking unregistered for a few days and this thread (and the Boris one) made me want to reg.
So on SA I've been lurking half an hour does that count?

Hi welcome!!!!!!!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This thread is blowing my mind.
:aaa:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ellyndia posted:

Okay!
Virgil

Dante

They are brothers from the same litter. They are Good Cats.

Bonus mouse kill:

Gorgeous kitties
:love:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seriously 2.0 posted:

If I post too much then I'll lose what makes me special, I'll just be another faceless goon! I'm thinking I'm going to be posting until I have exactly 100 posts, then retire, knowing I got the perfect balance between lurking and being a regular poster. A being of Two Worlds if you will.

Ok
Are you Two Worlds or what???

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Obsidianheart posted:

'Thought it was a lurker, but it was actually a probe/ban-evade parachute' would be the feel-bad story of the thread.

Oh
Ok nm
My bad

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:five:

VOTE!!!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Part-Time Maenad posted:

I used to lurk a lot more when I first found the forums little over a decade ago. I was just a dumbass awkward teenager with no money though so I never actually had an account. Plus I'd really only read megathreads and oldschool photoshop threads.

Stupid-to-be-proud-of fun fact: I lurked the thread where Slenderman was posted for the first time ever.

e:phrasing.

That is cool. At the time was it emptyquoted a lot? Any sense that it was super special??

Very nice to see a chick in GBS!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been racking my brains trying to think up a thread I could do involving all these lurkers itt

Not enough posts for a gossip column really
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840215

Username game would be too easy

If anyone has an idea please post it

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt Sexual posted:

Someone pmd me asking how to make a thread, don’t know if it was sincere but I’ll treat as so.

Go to the gbs main page, not from your user control panel, and scroll down to the bottom. There’s a Post button, select a thread tag, NOT the ones it warns you not to use (eg Hot), name the thread something witty or interesting to draw people in, post contents. Hit submit.

The "post preview" button is your best friend. In addition to enabling you to check for errors it also gives you more room to type.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is a thread to be proud of, sweet

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hello back!!!!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Literally A Person posted:

You goon are no lurker.

Perhaps we should have a name for the opposite of lurkers, like you and I.

Berserker?

Bersurker?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Noshtane posted:

The sad truth right here. I actually wrote up somewhat of an effort post for the old A$AP Rocky thread. I was writing about Swedish civil law, my experiences as a lay judge and a guy who ended up in the Supreme Court of Sweden over a purple nurple. Then when I was about ready to post, the thread was locked and gassed.

Looking at the new thread all I feel is :effort:

You were a lay judge? Is that some kind of sex therapist?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RepeatingMeme posted:

I'm hoping creamed cormp makes their own thread for that post, it's too good to be buried in my dumb nerd VS geek thread lol

That's his MO
He blesses threads at random and its always
Holyshit tier

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still remember how exciting it was to first post threads, a little like coke, every post is a hit.
It's genuinely a rush tbh.

Then if by chance one goes gold HOLY gently caress you can get hooked...

Its legit fun to keep an eye on a thread.
If one goes bad (I accidentally posted a thread op of something new to me but not to goons-- the storm of OK GRAMMA GO BACK TO FACEBOOK was humiliating lol)

But just close it and let it sink, or ignore it, it will be soon forgotten.

😘

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

markovmodelcitizen posted:

Loving my avatar. Thank you, kind goon!

Holy crap that av is smth else

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

e.e.coli posted:

Oh God I have no idea what I would even post about. :ohdear:

Have you ever had e coli?

Do you like e e Cummings (I do.)

What would make lurkers post? I adore this thread, what is another one that would entice them? Im broke rn. Should I draw their usernames, like another username game thread??

Gimme some ideas please!!!! I can't think of what might work?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
[quote="Decoherant" post="497683481"]
Is this a fetish for those of you who post frequently? Turning lurkers I mean? Sweatily clambering over each other to pop some new goon's posting cherry? I can't imagine why anyone would be eager to add more white noise to a forum like GBS, and most of the actually funny posters left for Twitter years ago. What's left hear now is an endless sea of white male computer touchers in their 30's and 40's with a once-edgy but now sad distaste for popular culture held loosely together by our patchy memories of a funny thing that once happened long ago. How long has it been since a goldmine worthy thread was started here?

No you don't need my posting.

Uh

You are correct

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MuskyFlavor posted:

I made this account with the intention of lurking. But now, after reading this, I'll start posting.

You are very welcome here!
:dance:
Any questions?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hgb and LAP have the same av?

Is it cute or confusing
Or......

A MESSAGE :eek:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is amazing :aaaaa:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fr does only one :five: vote count per goon?
I've never known for sure...

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrThief posted:

Hello there, i've been lurking at this gay comedy forum for 18 years! drat i feel old.

Hello back!!!!!
Give us one piece of advice for gbs, cmon

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Literally A Person posted:

User Good Ol Filbert tried to trick me into thinking he was a lurker via PM. WELL GUESS WHAT NOW FILBERT!? I KNOW!!! SIX POSTS A DAY! SIX loving POSTS A DAY! :mad:

My god what a chatterbox

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ersatz Haderach posted:

Hi, I think I posted once a decade ago. Maybe even twice.

Great name, you've GOT to post in the Dune thread.

This is my favorite thread EVER :love:

Where have you all beeeeeeeeen

For the love of Goon start posting now, it would be so fantastic!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt Sexual posted:

Idgi can people only post goatse or call people slurs?

Goonette's Syndrome

V sad

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ersatz Haderach posted:

Thanks for pointing out the surprisingly active Dune thread! Perhaps... the sleeper must wake. (But probably not.)

When you are referring to a specific goon it's nice to quote the post that started the conversation/a reference point.

It's a thrill, #1 to see that lovely shade: Emptyquote Yellow, and #2 it can help other readers know what's going on.

*lurker tip*

That thread IS amazing :kiss:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

threedaycrash posted:

What if you've been lurking so long you can't bring yourself to post? Seems a little late to start now.

No one is going to really care or notice though----goons like NEVER look at profiles so you are just another username they don't immediately recognize--- that happens constantly. :shrug:

You have nothing to lose, its honestly kind of fun. When a thread is new, look at it. That way not everything has been said, and if you can think of anything relevant say it. That is an easy way to start.

It's nice to meet you :downs:

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My

My

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

post-apocalyptic erotica posted:

I'll say this

Every time I take beers out of my fridge to put into an empty 6-pack container I feel like Newman stealing dinosaur embryos

Every time

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
WHERE HAVE THEY ALL BEEN?

Explain yourselves please please

You've been reading gbs all this time?

Do you have posters you root for?
Or detest?