Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I dunno if I'm a lurker or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Lurkers, post a thread idea you’ve had but we’re to bashful to post it. I bet you get a ton of support.

I remember agonizing about what my first thread should be back in the 2004 GBS days. Rules were strict back then, so I wanted something that wouldn't rock the boat, yet enticed others to contribute.

Naturally, I chose the exciting topic of "what is your dental hygiene routine?" where people could weigh in on whether they flossed, etc. No jokes to be found I considered it a minor success given that I got a page or two of replies and didn't get banned.

2004 gbs was a very different place.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

1200 posts, nah

But what about posts/day? Less than 1 seems like a good lurker cutoff. 0.1 is powerful lurking

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

One of the worst parts of being is a lurker is that you can't remember the names of the smilies you want to use. So you're left rehashing a small group of probably outdated smilies

I try to use :henget: now and again to show that I'm "with it"