Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If I Duplicate a Destroy-able card with my Graft, do I have to use the Duplicated one to prevent my original one from being Destroyed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, Negotiations are so fun.

Made a Powder Keg deck, drafted as few cards as possible, and then just repeatedly created and duplicated and destroyed Powder Kegs. Also had the Graft that heals you for your starting hand's cost (though it nearly killed me since it damages you for your starting hand's cost prior to its upgrade), so the blowback from destroying my Renown didn't hurt. Wanna try something similar but with Hot Air Balloons instead.

One of these days I'm going to have to stop playing with Mutators so I can unlock Prestige 2 but that's not today.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ooh, I wanted to play a deck like that. Sort of made a slapped together deck around that concept in my first or second Sal playthrough but obviously my deck was too cluttered to do a seemless combo.

There's also a Diplomacy card that doubles all Composure on your cards, that's what I intended to use.

Also a similar concept with Smith, except you expended all Renown. It wasn't as effective though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Razakai posted:

Smith final boss spoilers:

I was joking with my friend that it was refreshing playing a scifi RPG where you're not saving the galaxy from an ancient evil or whatever. He said, "uh, about that". Figured he was joking until I beat Space Fish Satan's avatar over the head with broken bottles until it fled.

I thought it was super funny because you go from a violent drunk plotting to murder his siblings so he can get his inheritance to saving the world from some primal mind-controlling parasitic god-goop that has taken control of your brother. Extra funny because I ended up saving / sparing all my siblings in my first playthrough because Smith's flashback made me reconsider killing the younger brother.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loved Griftlands' gamestyle but I gravitated towards Monster Train because it felt faster to play runs. Also because starting off in Griftlands with the same deck every time got sorta tiring, and removing cards was far more resource-intensive.