Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just got this. I've finished Sal's story and I'm on Day 2 with Rook. It's fun! I probably won't put in as many hours as Slay the Spire but I definitely enjoy the stories and I'm sure to get my money's worth.

I'm not sure if I like Rook's gamble though. It feels weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gamble is starting to grow on me, and I'm doing all negotiation all the time. It's making me a little worried for the endgame.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to clear Rook's story! I ended up siding with the rebels the whole way and I can't wait to see the other paths.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I really appreciate that every day Rook could just say gently caress it and work for someone else. Though I do appreciate the simplicity of Sal.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I cleared Sal's and Rook's stories pretty easily but I've hit a wall with Smith. After 3 failed runs I lowered the difficulty to Story Mode and that might be where I keep it since I'm much more interested in the stories and world than the deckbuilding.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And that's Smith's story! I killed my sister and older brother, but Vix was at least an accident.

Are the character endings different depending on your choices?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah I kept dying by Day 3 because I had no block. It was finally on my last run that I started leaning into Moxie. Also I always end up with large decks full of trash while I figure out what works with what and 35+ card decks just don't do well unless half of it expends or destroys itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Smith's story also seems the most linear of the 3, even more than Sal's. I'm not sure how often I'd be willing to replay his even though I like him as a character.