Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just won p3 with Sal, with a handily overpowered red deck (the double damage card is fantastic, and I got early access to the card that gives you 3 scaling arguments), and a bleed combat deck that never really hit its stride and left me almost losing in the final combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I haven't really played a Sal discard deck yet, any tips?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rinkles posted:

discard cards are also just generically pretty good cause a lot of bosses will shuffle crap in your deck. it only gets awkward when your last cards all require discard, but pretty often you'll have more cards than actions anyway (if not, try looking for free draw effects).

most of my sal combat decks end up combo discard.

I ended up with 14 actions and one card left in my hand on the negotiating side yesterday

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rinkles posted:

Well yeah you can do crazy (fun) stuff in negotiation. I don’t remember, but I don’t think Sal has a discard theme in negotiation.

I was playing a weird deck where i was going heavy into doubt and Heated stacks, duplicating them and just getting a little bit of direct damage with some green cards

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Angry Diplomat posted:

It would be a shitload of writing to implement in any coherent fashion, but I'd love to see a goofy New Game+ mode where you play as one grifter going through another one's storyline, for some reason. Sal attempting to marry or murder her way into the Banquod family. Rook settling an old grudge with Kashio. Smith blundering confusedly around in the bog and throwing bottles at everything.

i do like the couple of crossover events

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I managed to do over 100 damage in one shot with smith the other day it owned

E: not even with the card that gets triple power/adrenaline bonuses, either

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rinkles posted:

Are there any deck builders out there that have a bigger focus on drafting, rather than augmenting your starting deck one by one? I realize Griftlands has mutators that that let you do this.

(I'd settle for a lifetime subscription of MTG Arena drafts)

I haven’t played with mutators at all! That sounds kinda fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Walla posted:

Managed to clear Rook's story! I ended up siding with the rebels the whole way and I can't wait to see the other paths.

The amount of crosses and double crosses in rook’s story is just great

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Angry Diplomat posted:

I think I've said it before, but Smith's storyline is funny as hell to me. Imagine being Moreef. You're just minding your own business, trying to manage your bar and live your life, when the rich jock who bullied you in high school rolls in, announces that he's your friend, and starts beating the poo poo out of anybody who makes trouble for you. Within a day or two, you hear that he's somehow gotten embroiled in some intrigue involving the FBI, the Royal Family, and the Roman Catholic Church. At the end of the third day, he's using your bar to host what appears to be some kind of terrorist plot to overthrow or assassinate his brother, the Pope. By the end of the week he has inexplicably saved the loving world

You were just trying to run a bar.

never thought of it this way before lmao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Glazius posted:

Oh yeah, the daily challenges trot out mutators if you just want a taste of them. Some of them can be pretty fun, and there are cosmic relics for more spice. And if you don't like them, it's only about 15 minutes of gameplay.

I did the challenge yesterday and it was fun, and then did a sal mutator run with the 10-card draft setup and lots of pets

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smith negotiations are all goons all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I need to get better with smith and not try to block all the damage and lean into moxie and alleviate more i suppose