Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Proper football is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

We're doomed. Woodgate hasn't had a clue all season.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Fuckin hell lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
woodgate has been sacked

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao nice

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Boro could have at least waited a week

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Meat Wagon posted:

Boro could have at least waited a week

They probably had this locked and loaded before the Rona.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

We've got Warnock, we'll stay up now

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ritgk/status/1276879476987760641?s=21
that were diabolical

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

colin wanker's red and white army

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Buzzing, leeds are going up

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
gently caress dirty Leeds tho.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I do not like colin wanker

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
update: football is poo poo

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
As a Northampton fan, I can say that football is good. And very hoofy.

Weasling Weasel fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 29, 2020

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Weasling Weasel posted:

As a Northampton fan, I can say that football is good. And very hoofy.

I'd say I'd never seen us play worse, but I went to our 2 previous playoff finals too

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

I'd say I'd never seen us play worse, but I went to our 2 previous playoff finals too
Yeah, i remember us being tonked 3 - 0 by Bradford in the playoffs around 2013 and it was an awful feeling. Do you imagine you'll keep Williams or will he be poached by a Championship side in the summer?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Weasling Weasel posted:

Yeah, i remember us being tonked 3 - 0 by Bradford in the playoffs around 2013 and it was an awful feeling. Do you imagine you'll keep Williams or will he be poached by a Championship side in the summer?

I think he's clearly still a bit green but he'll almost certainly get poached. Honestly not too worried about it; it happens to us quite regularly nowadays and has been a nice little money-spinner between Ethan Ampadu and Ollie Watkins

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol we're on our way to league 1

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Wigan are still playing music when they score. To an empty stadium. Shameful.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Meat Wagon posted:

Wigan are still playing music when they score. To an empty stadium. Shameful.

It's wasteful spending like this that has led to them going into administration smh my head look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The wigan story is completely nuts. Taken over and then immediately placed into administration with rumours, including from the EFL, chairman that it's linked to a massive bet that they'd be relegated

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I saw a suggestion it was a way for the guy to take his company in massive debt and shift the debt to wigan but I don't know how that would work exactly

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Good thread on the Wigan situation

https://twitter.com/marksparko/status/1279000646335836163?s=19

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

It’s not quite the loving that happened to Wimbledon, but is a real gut punch to the community.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cool, we’re getting relegated

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Can you pick it up a bit? I’m yearning for that snake McCann and Hull to go down tbh.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Cool, we’re getting relegated

We're so, so bad

But hey, Sheff Wed might get hosed with a massive points deduction as well as Wigan so we might undeservedly stay up!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'm scared op

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Not of relegation. That happens all the time! But when we go bust who will I support?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

XBenedict posted:

It’s not quite the loving that happened to Wimbledon, but is a real gut punch to the community.

I think it's worse because I'm not sure that the Milton Keynes move was the intention of everyone involved, Hammam spent years and years there and seemed to be genuinely trying to find a place in SW London before the sold the club. Wigan have been purchased by someone solely to ensure a betting syndicate gets the result they bet on?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

fat gay nonce posted:

I think it's worse because I'm not sure that the Milton Keynes move was the intention of everyone involved, Hammam spent years and years there and seemed to be genuinely trying to find a place in SW London before the sold the club. Wigan have been purchased by someone solely to ensure a betting syndicate gets the result they bet on?

thankfully there seems to be a way out: Wigan RLFC, with help from the council, are looking to buy Athletic. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/07/wigan-warriors-aim-to-buy-troubled-football-neighbours-wigan-athletic-rugby-league

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think we can all agree;

gently caress MILWALL

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Can't believe the Boro boys made the great escape.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The Swans have killed off two managers since returning. Leeds are massive bottlers so another 3 points on Sunday. We're going to be the worst side ever promoted from this division.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

The nature of football economics and ownership being what it is, this time next year we could easily see Bolton out of the League. What a loving shame.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bape Culture posted:

I think we can all agree;

gently caress MILWALL

Millwall would have won if Woodgate was still there, our fanbase agrees with Warnock get the forrins out!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
James Chester producing a defensive masterclass. Remember when he was good at this level?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Leeds are going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Joke lovely