Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
So this frat bro convinced 5 friends to kill themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/truman-state-fraternity-suicide-directions/index.html

quote:

A former fraternity member and student at Truman State University in Missouri allegedly provided "step-by-step" directions to five people who died by suicide in 2016 and 2017, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday against the university, the fraternity and the student.

The member of the Alpha Kappa Lambda fraternity told people he considered himself a superhero nicknamed "peacemaker," parents of two of the deceased allege in the suit, which identifies the accused as Brandon Grossheim.
Grossheim counseled people with "step-by-step directions" for using their own free will and to "deal with depression," according to a news release issued by lawyers for the parents of Alex Mullins, 21, and Joshua Thomas, 18.

This is one of those sick fucks that loves help people commit suicide, and then bask in the sadness. I took these screenshots from his facebook; posts about 3 different people whom he convinced suicide was the cure for their depression:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

this is the frat guy i’d totally sell overpriced xanax to

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The broheim was grossheim the entire time

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

sweet thursday posted:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

huh i read an italian mystery novel with this exact plot except all the characters were like 70 years old and instead of a fraternity it was the dominican order

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 3, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Well death cures anything if you think about it :shrug:

Guy is a giant douche and I hope he gets punished like that other suicide pusher a few years ago.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sweet thursday posted:

lol

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

imagine chilling at a bar and some guy approaches that one sadgirl being like “the names Brandon. but you, honey, can call me peacemaker”

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Brandon Grossheim and the Peacemaker Five

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What is the deal with this guy?

Serial killer?
In the closet and can't handle it? (Those were some affectionate posts.)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wasn't one of the infamous serial killers working a suicide hotline?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

CNN has plans to monetize the guide.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It's similar to a serial killer mindset in that they all like to play god. He probably gets off bigtime from watching all those peoples' lives affected, and he's a sociopath so he doesn't have any emotion about it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Colonel Cancer posted:

you're thinking about daredevil season 3

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't wait until the judge hands him a 6er

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ted Bundy, yes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pontificating rear end posted:

It's similar to a serial killer mindset in that they all like to play god. He probably gets off bigtime from watching all those peoples' lives affected, and he's a sociopath so he doesn't have any emotion about it.

Only took twelve posts for a guy with a psychology degree from Wikipedia University to declare this man a sociopath with a brain that functions like a serial killer's despite never having heard of him until he read this article thirty minutes ago.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So what were the instructions?

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
Step 1: Cut a hole in the box

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Who What Now posted:

So what were the instructions?

Play WoW in a Korean cyber cafe for 48 hours without standing up.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Only took twelve posts for a guy with a psychology degree from Wikipedia University to declare this man a sociopath with a brain that functions like a serial killer's despite never having heard of him until he read this article thirty minutes ago.

He's probably just a normal, well developed dude who happens to spend time elaborately convincing people to kill themselves and then basking in attention on social media mourning them.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Since when did causing the deaths of 5 people get branded "serial killer" behavior? Utterly ridiculous

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I dunno you guys I think were throwing the serial killer label around too willy nilly these days, this is how Trump won

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

JK Fresco posted:

Since when did causing the deaths of 5 people get branded "serial killer" behavior? Utterly ridiculous

Yeah seriously. I mean, nobody calls a mass shooter a serial killer.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pssssh... yeah. Everyone knows a sociopath has low impulse control. This dude's more of a psychopath.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Peacemaker is totally a great name for a serial killer, though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Luckyellow posted:

Yeah seriously. I mean, nobody calls a mass shooter a serial killer.

thats a spree killer

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Jose posted:

thats a spree killer

:actually: That's a mass murderer.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

so are they just considered an influencer

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Macnult posted:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jose posted:

thats a spree killer

no no, that would be Lone Wolf, this person is Peacemaker, you're really not up to date with your superheroes

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Macnult posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
X-Files doing a pretty complicated ARG to bring Pusher back but I feel like we've already had so many episodes with that guy :\

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In my day you had to murder hooers, vagrants and runaways to become a serial killer. Now all millenials have to do is post on their message boards

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Probably would be called a hero if he got rich off it somehow.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

You're right he sounds like a normal person with lots of empathy

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Imagine taking more than 30 minutes to consider an informed opinion

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
It only says he gave them step-by-step directions about using "free will" to deal with depression.

I want to believe he was sincerely trying to talk all these people out of suicide and telling them to use free will to take charge of their lives and was just so lousy at it that it had the opposite effect. The harder he tried to save the next friend the more they're like "I gotta kill myself to get away from this bro's advice"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zero VGS posted:

It only says he gave them step-by-step directions about using "free will" to deal with depression.

I want to believe he was sincerely trying to talk all these people out of suicide and telling them to use free will to take charge of their lives and was just so lousy at it that it had the opposite effect. The harder he tried to save the next friend the more they're like "I gotta kill myself to get away from this bro's advice"

I smell a new HBO dark comedy brewing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
All the deaths took place in one year, and they all were being counseled by him. That one smart poster won't let me call him a sociopath, so we'll just call him a real jerk