Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться

Doctor Rope

Goodpart posted:

They finally played 7empest live tonight.

It was extremely good.

Aaaah you pricks, congratulations.

I saw their Perth show (off the back of seeing them in DC a few months back); extremely first-world problems, but the setlist was near-identical. How'd the song go, gently caress-up wise? That's a lot of time to keep it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Maynard dropped off towards the end and sat out about 3/4 of the latter half of the song but otherwise it was super tight.

Actually the only gently caress up I heard all night was with 46&2, weirdly. I think they missed a beat in the outro but they picked it back up pretty quickly.

Musically they were tighter the night before but in terms of setlist, holy poo poo the second night was amazing.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Off to see them tonight in Brisbane. I have no idea what setlist to expect so it should be good!

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Well that was loving awesome. Swamp Thing, 7empest, the entire set was solid. I agree with the people who said musically they were a little loose - there were at least one point where each of them dropped the ball. That said, the light show though... It reminded me just how good a lighting show can be for an arena touring band. That was genuinely better than some of the headline raves I see.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

New American dates have gone on sale. Here's hoping that the Baltimore show gets both The Patient and 7empest in the set!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Soiled Meat

Supposedly the tour is cancelled/postponed by LiveNation due to coronavirus

https://twitter.com/Tool/status/123...6653312/photo/1

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 12, 2020

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010

I'm thinking about making some surf rock-style covers of TOOL songs, beginning with the No Quarter cover. They would have a similar-sounding bass to the actual songs, with a reverby strat for guitars, simplified drums, and shortened song length to make them more palatable. Good idea/bad idea?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

College Slice

just do it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

I'm thinking about making some surf rock-style covers of TOOL songs, beginning with the No Quarter cover. They would have a similar-sounding bass to the actual songs, with a reverby strat for guitars, simplified drums, and shortened song length to make them more palatable. Good idea/bad idea?

Sounds better than regular tool imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007
"If you put a hamburger in the toaster it'll say Happy Birthday."

«14 »