Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«15 »
Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

I dunno, I like Fear Inoculum. I think itís better than 10,000 days at least. I do miss the days when they made shorter songs though. My favorite album is Lateralus, which I think has a good mix of shorter and longer concepts. It also feels like their most well thought out and consistent album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Maynard says that he has to wait until the other three are completely finished with the songs before he listens to them because in the past he starts writing lyrics and melodies for them and then the song will change dramatically and he has to scrap all of that and start over. But that doesn't really account for a 13 year wait.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Absolutely the best thing to come out of Fear Inoculum's release was all their back catalogue being made available on streaming services. I listen to their pre-FI stuff virtually every day now, whereas I hadn't listened to it for years before.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

College Slice

The Perfect Element posted:

Absolutely the best thing to come out of Fear Inoculum's release was all their back catalogue being made available on streaming services. I listen to their pre-FI stuff virtually every day now, whereas I hadn't listened to it for years before.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I'm still listening to Fear Inoculum regularly and still enjoying it. Except for Culling Voices, that one I have yet to like. Everything else, though, remains absolutely solid.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

So ... TOOL adjacent?

Watch Danny Carey, Les Claypool, Bill Kelliher, the guy from Coheed and Cambria plus the regular Two Minutes to Late Night crew cover Rush's "Anthem."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULwDbZ4iSU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

hatelull posted:

So ... TOOL adjacent?

Watch Danny Carey, Les Claypool, Bill Kelliher, the guy from Coheed and Cambria plus the regular Two Minutes to Late Night crew cover Rush's "Anthem."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULwDbZ4iSU

This cover rules. Thanks for sharing!

«15 »