Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This setlist from tour opening

Godddaaamn

Setlist

Fear Inoculum

Opiate (tour debut; extended version)

The Pot

Pushit (Album version, first time with vocals since March 2014)

Pneuma

The Grudge (tour debut, first time with end scream since 2002)

Right in Two (First time since 2011)

Hooker With a Penis(First time since 2014)

Descending

Intermission

Chocolate Chip Trip

Eon Blue Apocalypse

The Patient

Invincible

If they play Pushit and The Grudge when I see them in 2 months that's worth admission alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Oh wow. How long have been skipping on "Stinkfist" in the set list?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Oh gently caress that looks amazing. Hopefully they don't mix it up too much before they come to the UK.

I just wanna experience the end of The Grudge (from the final 'let gooooo') where Danny goes nuts. One of my favourite bits of heavy metal of all time.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Maaan, I've gotten so used to them just trotting out the same setlist on a tour's second leg as they did on the first - with some relatively minor tweaks - that I wasn't all that concerned about missing them this time around. Now I wish I'd been a little more proactive. Oh well, had to work anyway. Whaddaya gonna do.
Here's Phoenix, according to setlist.fm. I'm not nuts about the post-intermission segment, but everything else, holy poo poo.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Someone talk me out of spending $60 on a used vinyl copy of Lateralus, preferably by telling me that it’s going to be reprinted soon.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 29, 2022

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Considering how long new releases take to come out on vinyl since Adele and Taylor Swift need millions of copies of their latest jamz, I don't think reissues are a priority right now. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

Besides, that $60 would be better as a (small) portion of an OG cassette of 72826.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Looked up how much that tape costs on Discogs and god drat that’s an expensive tape, then I looked up how much Ænima on vinyl goes for and lol, lmao.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

catching up on this thread's last few pages because of the tour, and yeah I feel the same about a trimmed-down FI being a better album.

like Invincible, for example. my favorite on the album. I find the segment starting at 8 minutes where MJK does that autotune(?) stuff really silly. cut out 8:00-10:56 and it's better imo.

I can forgive 7empest because it's like the Rosetta Stoned of the album, where it's a fun jam session (or less generously, a bunch of leftover pieces strewn together). but then you have Culling Voices - like, what is even happening in this song that is remotely interesting, musically? and the titular song never did anything for me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Was able to see them this past Thursday in Miami, FL. The show was absolutely sick, the first time I've ever seen them live. Great time all around.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If anybody has Lateralus on vinyl, could you post a picture of the sleeves? The copy my record store says it has custom sleeves, and I’m wondering if the sleeves are enough to justify paying more on Discogs.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 17, 2022

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Someone talk me out of spending $60 on a used vinyl copy of Lateralus, preferably by telling me that it’s going to be reprinted soon.
it’s a picture disc and sounds a bit poo poo, so imo it’s more for lookin’ than for playin’, but afaik lead times on vinyl are absolutely bonkers at the moment so the likelihood of a repress anytime soon is probably low?
i can snap a few pictures of mine in a little bit, i haven’t looked closely enough but i assume mine’s the 2011 US reissue? any ideas about what’s different with the sleeves on the one you’re looking at (and that it’s not a bootleg)?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Damnit, someone bought the drat thing in between my last post and me doing my morning errands.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Damnit, someone bought the drat thing in between my last post and me doing my morning errands.

tbh I don't think you're missing out on all that much, unless you're just interested in the collectors aspect.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

tbh I don't think you're missing out on all that much, unless you're just interested in the collectors aspect.

Fair enough. I have to start saving up for this anyway.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaN6wbnFAZF/?utm_medium=copy_link

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Myself and my boyfriend just saw them in Boston at the Gahden. Upon looking at my credit card charges, they charged $120 for a tshirt and poster. I'll be honest that I wasn't looking at the prices all too closely when I bought them, is this accurate? Was the poster really like $75? That's ludicrous.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Night Danger Moose posted:

Myself and my boyfriend just saw them in Boston at the Gahden. Upon looking at my credit card charges, they charged $120 for a tshirt and poster. I'll be honest that I wasn't looking at the prices all too closely when I bought them, is this accurate? Was the poster really like $75? That's ludicrous.

At upcoming shows they are selling the newly pressed Fear Inoculum vinyl for $810. It's signed, an early pressing or whatever, but uhhhhh yikes.

Based on that, your statement seems accurate.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

The posters are pricey but if you have buyers remorse you can probably flip it for $500 or more. Pre pandemic a guy I know was waiting all day to buy 10 each at a bunch of shows and flipping them for $800-$1000 each the same day.He would have two tickets to each gig so he could take the bounty out to his car and go back in to see the gig. Poster collector types have gone a bit insane in the last couple of years.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These all seem like regular arena artist merch prices honestly

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

BigHandsVince posted:

The posters are pricey but if you have buyers remorse you can probably flip it for $500 or more. Pre pandemic a guy I know was waiting all day to buy 10 each at a bunch of shows and flipping them for $800-$1000 each the same day.He would have two tickets to each gig so he could take the bounty out to his car and go back in to see the gig. Poster collector types have gone a bit insane in the last couple of years.

That's crazy, I got a band-signed APC poster as a random xmas gift a few years ago and the same thing apparently sold for $400 on eBay.

I didn't even hang it up because :effort: and not being into autographs anymore.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

I checked the Boston poster mentioned above, sold prices on the US were $500 and up. The signed one that sold was over $1000.

I found a bunch of Clutch posters I had bought years ago that were still in the tubes, rare now apparently, sold them and made enough to get a whole new entertainment setup.

Little weird collector niches are all over the place now.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely keeping it as an important souvenir, probably get it dry mounted and put on the wall. I just wanted to make sure the credit card charge was accurate. No wonder the person in front of me looked like they were buying 10 of em.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

BigHandsVince posted:

I checked the Boston poster mentioned above, sold prices on the US were $500 and up. The signed one that sold was over $1000.

I found a bunch of Clutch posters I had bought years ago that were still in the tubes, rare now apparently, sold them and made enough to get a whole new entertainment setup.

Little weird collector niches are all over the place now.

Where did you sell? I've got a bunch of poo poo from the 90s that I might be able to move.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Listerine posted:

Where did you sell? I've got a bunch of poo poo from the 90s that I might be able to move.

There was a group I joined on Facebook, Clutch Poster Collectors, to post some photos of some stuff I had framed, and mentioned I had some duplicates and other stuff, people started contacting me. There will be similar groups for different groups I'd expect.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Night Danger Moose posted:

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely keeping it as an important souvenir, probably get it dry mounted and put on the wall. I just wanted to make sure the credit card charge was accurate. No wonder the person in front of me looked like they were buying 10 of em.

It looks like it will be sweet framed!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Revolvermag/status/1496144489756381186?s=20&t=LL6WJTgFFKZL4YeWgQp42g

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Listening to FI again I refuse to believe they couldn’t have found anything better than those dogshit samples at the intro of the track.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

massive spider posted:

Listening to FI again I refuse to believe they couldn’t have found anything better than those dogshit samples at the intro of the track.

Pretty sure it was an homage to a king crimson track, can't remember which though.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not really feeling Opiate2. It just doesn't feel like a song that you can stretch to be 10min long.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

If anyone has seen them on this tour, about what time did they come on?

I'm gonna be cutting it real close with time. My ticket says doors at 6:00, show at 7:30. So after the opener I'm guessing Tool comes on at like 8:30 probably?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

angrygodofjebus posted:

If anyone has seen them on this tour, about what time did they come on?

I'm gonna be cutting it real close with time. My ticket says doors at 6:00, show at 7:30. So after the opener I'm guessing Tool comes on at like 8:30 probably?

That sounds about right. The first pic I took of them is timestamped at 842pm so 830 sounds correct. We got to the doors at 630ish, got our merch, and sat down before The Acid Helps even started.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Awesome, thanks!

Last week they played Undertow for the first time live since 2002 I guess? My show is Thursday, I'm ready.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

They sounded great and the stage show was as good as ever. The curtain they have up for the first ~4 songs is so badass.

We got Sober and Undertow on the setlist which was neat. And Pushit is still so incredible live.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Just saw them last night in Minneapolis. Amazing. The first couple songs with the video and lights was almost too intense. Wish I wasn't so conservative with my shrooms, it would have been quite the experience if I wasn't so anxious!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Hit up a local after lunch today and spotted one of the new Fear Inoculum vinyl release in the wild. $189.99.

Send more money indeed.

I did not buy that record.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 8, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I bought that Opiate2 bluray for $25, for one song. If I spent $25 per track on Fear Inoculum, that would work out to $250. Therefore, $190 is a steal.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

If anyone wants to be my guest to the show in Manchester a week today, let me know.

Ticket is in a good section and paid for, the owner can't make it. Downside is you'll have to sit next to me.

TM won't let me transfer it so we'll have to meet beforehand, maybe get a beer or something.

Just read the review for the Copenhagen show and I'm psyched, last time I saw them was at the Apollo in 2007.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Not really feeling Opiate2. It just doesn't feel like a song that you can stretch to be 10min long.

I would be in love with an opiate2 if it was the same as opiate1 but the outro was 8 times as long

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angrygodofjebus posted:

Undertow on the setlist

god drat

gently caress I love that song, fuckin underrated as heck (as in it's hardly every high up on other fans fave lists)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I saw them last night in Birmingham and at least 30-40 people got kicked out for ignoring the literal couple of thousand (they were taped up everywhere, on every third seat back in the arena as well as in every bathroom and hallway in the place) signs saying no pictures please just watch the show instead of the screen on your phone or we’ll kick your rear end out.

I wish more bands/venues did that because Maynard went ahead and said ok this is the last song feel free to film it even though it’s gonna look and sound like poo poo and the absolute sea of screens that appeared really drove home how irritating that can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I saw them last night in Birmingham and at least 30-40 people got kicked out for ignoring the literal couple of thousand (they were taped up everywhere, on every third seat back in the arena as well as in every bathroom and hallway in the place) signs saying no pictures please just watch the show instead of the screen on your phone or we’ll kick your rear end out.

I wish more bands/venues did that because Maynard went ahead and said ok this is the last song feel free to film it even though it’s gonna look and sound like poo poo and the absolute sea of screens that appeared really drove home how irritating that can be.

I'm sure it's annoying but there's a lot of stuff by various bands available on YouTube that I'm super glad someone had their camera out for.