Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

angrygodofjebus posted:

It kicked rear end. Maynard sounded great, I was surprised. Loud as gently caress, 100% wear ear plugs. The stage show was as good as ever.

Maybe it was because we had end seats on the floor, but they weren't loving around with this either:

Maybe it's my age and desensitization from going to a lot of metal shows but I thought Tool was the perfect volume. The mixing for Killing Joke was tragic, the set itself was so good but you couldn't hear the synth at all, it was all bass and drums, and it hurt my drat ears a lot. Worth noting I could only find 300 level tickets (and that was when I queued up early for day one sales, there were only 500 or so seats left when I finally got in so I'm counting myself lucky- and it was a nice view for all the visual aspects of the show).

Also, they were NOT enforcing the camera policy at all, at least not in my section. dude sitting next to me recorded almost the entire set, had his phone in the air, wasn't even being subtle about it. Other people around me were doing the same. Thought about chancing it during Invincible but didn't want to risk it.

There were two dudes in the 300s, one of them like a few rows behind me, heckling Danny during CCTrip. utterly obnoxious.

Bummed we didn't get Descending but it was still a drat good show. The new stuff they did play sounded and looked fantastic, I was shocked by how good Maynard was too. Better vocals than when I saw him in 2006. Loved his weird stage presence too, and that Noseferatu walk he did up the stairs onto his dais at the beginning was hilarious.

Slackerish fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU